• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do you want to see next for Resident Evil?

• Suplex

Votes: 73 36.7%
  • Powerbomb

Votes: 28 14.1%
  • Neck Breaker

Votes: 20 10.1%
  • Tiger Uppercut

Votes: 78 39.2%

• Total voters

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
In 2020 I want:

R3Make - REmake2 style game set in RE3's scenario

R3v3laitons - Have the protag just use Karate and judo, no weapons. Maybe it's just a super powered Natasha. The game should take place in the wooded mountains and Natasha should have to throw zombie bears.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
The next one should be sequel, the one after that a remake. It's hard to say what will happen though what with next gen on the horizon.

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
Remake 3 first, so it's not still walled off in a previous gen, then give me a sequel.

*monkeys paw closes, assigning the RE6 teams to all future RE games*

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Either or really. After 7 and RE2 Remake Capcom are on a roll with RE and whatever they do next will be great as long as it's not like 6 at all right Jawmuncher ?

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Either way, have it star Jill.

Though if we get a remake of RE3 sooner, we'll likely get a redesign of her RE3 design. If so, hopefully it becomes more practical.

Genio88

Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Definitely a sequel, i liked what they did with 7 and they could improve with 8, also the last one was the RE2 Remake, so it's time for the sequel now, after that they can make RE3 Remake

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
RE8. If they build off the good parts of 7 and REmake 2, while addressing the complaints of both and delivering some unexpected elements then we could get a contendah!

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
That's a toughy. I'm pretty much obsessed with the series so I really don't mind whichever next as they'll be mine regardless.
I'm ready for RE3make though, even if RE2make just came out.

I don't actually know where I want them to take us with RE8 now anyways; I adored the style of RE2make but RE7 VR was probably one of my favourite gaming experiences this decade.

(and I wouldn't be mad if we went back to RE4-5-6 style)

Outbreak remake? Rerelease? Anyone? No?

I will ALWAYS want this but I just don't think it's realistic, Capcom have left that sub-series in the dirt after File #2 sold miserably.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
If I had to choose one, give me Resident Evil 8. But I'm not gonna turn down a remake of Resident Evil 3.

That's generally where I would land but I also kind of like the idea of RE8 being a next gen game as a new entry in the series should be the game to usher the series into next gen, not an RE3 remake. So I think I'd rather have the RE3 remake now & wait longer for RE8.

Also, I definitely want RE8 to be a sequel to RE7 in terms of play style.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
A new chapter in the series will be formed after the success of Resident Evil 2
I don't think that's true.

I doubt Capcom has been setting on their hands, in regards to RE8, all this time for it to be formed in any substantial way after the success of REmake 2.

Jan 4, 2018
A sequel ONLY if it's 3rd-person, if the classic characters of RE are returning and if the Mercenaries mode is returning. Give me more RE4/RE5, RE7 was a mistake.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
The story is already a convoluted mess and should have been finished a long time ago, but in that sense RE7 was kind of refreshing, maybe they could expand on that or just start with something new (story-wise) or make remakes.

Also: Tiger Uppercut!

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think that's true.

I doubt Capcom has been setting on their hands, in regards to RE8, all this time for it to be formed in any substantial way after the success of REmake 2.

Yeah, if anything RE8 may have been the reason RE2 remake was a 3rd person game. I say that because as much as I loved RE7 being a 1st person game I'm pretty sure they only did that because someone had the awesome idea to make the whole game playable in VR and I seriously doubt that will be the case with RE8 so I definitely see the series going back to 3rd person.

As long as RE8 has a new setting with a new batch of characters and the RE2 remake play style then I'm good.

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
I don't think we need more Revelations games. Those just felt like Capcom trying to find the plot again.

I was so pleased with REmake 2 that I want REmake 3 as soon as possible. Doubt we will get anything before next gen, but that's ok.

Adamastor

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Seeing as Resident Evil for myself made a complete shift after 4, I personally would much prefer a remake of the third game. Or if the sequel is in the style of REmake 2. Wouldn't care for action RE or first person game.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
R3Make IMO

That way all the games would be available on modern platforms.
RE7 was fun as hell and I loved it but I've also never played 3 so I want to do that first.

Dino Crysis Remake

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, if anything RE8 may have been the reason RE2 remake was a 3rd person game. I say that because as much as I loved RE7 being a 1st person game I'm pretty sure they only did that because someone had the awesome idea to make the whole game playable in VR and I seriously doubt that will be the case with RE8 so I definitely see the series going back to 3rd person.

As long as RE8 has a new setting with a new batch of characters and the RE2 remake play style then I'm good.
Idk about that either tbh.

Like, the first person view thing could've started like you said, but I think after RE7 they'll probably want to continue using first person view for at least another entry. I think at least for the foreseeable future for the third person view we should look at REmake 3 and other RE spin-offs.

I'd love to be proven wrong tho since I vastly prefer third person view to first person. (I loved RE2 way more than RE7 as well)

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Idk about that either tbh.

Like, the first person view thing could've started like you said, but I think after RE7 they'll probably want to continue using first person view for at least another entry. I think at least for the foreseeable future for the third person view we should look at REmake 3 and other RE spin-offs.

I'd love to be proven wrong tho since I vastly prefer third person view to first person. (I loved RE2 way more than RE7 as well)

And I'd love to be proven wrong as I vastly prefer 1st person for horror games. LOL.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
Either is fine by me, although I like the idea of alternating sequel > remake > sequel > remake. As long as they continue making RE games at the same level of quality as RE7 and REmake 2, I'm down for whatever they do.

Oct 27, 2017
Remake. Capcom seems unable to recapture the magic of the series with the newer entries.

RE7 was really good and certainly reclaimed some of the lost atmosphere in the eyes of many.

The problem the main series has is deciding what it wants to be. They have 3 distinct routes to go down now from a camera/gameplay perspective alone, and fans of any two of the three are going to be a bit disappointed right from the off.

Remake is arguably the best game in the series and Remake 2 certainly seems to be the most universally applauded in a while. The iron is hot right now for Remake 3 and it makes a ton of sense for them to do that. I'm happy with them to take their time in figuring out what the hell they want to do for 8.

chechi

Dec 3, 2018
Give me something new: as much as I loved REmake2 and RE4 (replaying it regularly) we need bold new stuff, otherwise we are gonna replay the same old games forever.

I didn't expect it but RE7 really impressed me - a confident step in a new direction mixed with some good old-school stuff. There were times I couldn't imagine to like a new RE-game as much as the old ones, but it happened. And it's gonna happen again, if they can try out new things without getting online-crucified for it every time - of course I wouldn't mind the occasional remake in between the new entries.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
RE3, and RE8.
RE3, staying close to REmake 2 experience, and RE8 being a direct sequel to RE7, in fpv.

I'd love to see an original trilogy collection too.

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I can go either way depending on the day.

Resident Evil 3 has turned out to be my favorite from the original trilogy (outside of remakes) but 7 struck lightning in a bottle to me, being exactly what i wanted and needed to be interested on the franchise again.

As of today, i feel like REmake 3 can comfortably build upon the foundation of 2019's Resi 2 and use the technology of this gen, bringing another take behind that vision with today's standards. On the other hand, 8 needs the best of what hardware can offer to keep the series going forward using both VR and the photorealistic approach we've seen with the RE Engine. That game has to be fresh and above expectations to make justice to what started in RE7.

So i guess i wouldn't mind at all Resi 3 coming first. Leave Resident Evil 8 to 2021 or 2022.