• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do you want to see next for Resident Evil?

• Suplex

Votes: 73 36.7%
  • Powerbomb

Votes: 28 14.1%
  • Neck Breaker

Votes: 20 10.1%
  • Tiger Uppercut

Votes: 78 39.2%

• Total voters

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I don't see why they would move to a remake again when they been obviously developing a 'new'RE since 7 ended, i assume Capcom is not that run out of ideas

Last edited:

Eisen Sora

Jun 22, 2018
New game for me, I'm more hyped about a Resident Evil 8 or Revelations 3 than a Remake 3. But Resident Evil is a fantastic series and I am going to be happy with whatever they announce next

Ωλ7XL9

Oct 27, 2017
I had barely played the original Re2, but good lord this RE2 remake has been glorious. Please do remakes, sequels whatever but please keep making RE games with that RE engine Capcom. You've struck gold!

Deleted member 2620

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you're gonna do as much work as we saw in RE2 2019 (which was an extremely new game that I loved), I'd rather have the game be based on a new scenario.

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
I would like a remake to code Veronica & Nemesis. There's millions of new game players that haven't experienced the greatness of older RE games and Capcom should do those first.

Re8 should be the last RE of next gen I think. Go all out. VR, new protagonist, a mercenaries mode, a perfect blend of survival horror & action.

leburn98

Nov 1, 2017
Isn't RE7 and RE2 Remake developed by different teams? If so, it makes sense that RE8 would be the next one.

I also wouldn't mind if they made RE3 remake. They could introduce a new and improved Carlos, flesh out his story and have it play out concurrently to Jill's campaign, similar to Leon and Claire's campaigns in RE2. If you recall, Carlos was handled similarly to Ada in Leon's campaign in that you would take control of him during certain sections of the campaign.

In my ideal world, RE3 remake would set up an RE8 where Ethan joins Chris, Jill and Carlos at the new Umbrella. It would make sense that Chris would recruit people he trusts to right Umbrella's wrongs and it would also be a way to transition Chris, Jill and others to a new group eventually.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
You are not getting one or the other

Eventually i believe we are gonna see RE8and REmake 3, they been making a 'new' RE since 7 ended (though Rev3 and CV may not come, could be something else instead 🤔)

Oct 27, 2017
I would like a direct sequel to RE8 with VR support. Imo it's one of, if not the best RE game out there. All they need to do is fully embrace the personality of 7 and they will deliver one of the greatest survival horror games ever made. I stand by the fact that the problems RE7 had came from sticking too much to the RE formula. That boring ship is straight out of revelations. The cave shooting gallery is just delivering the endgame power fantasy that every RE game has had before. Introducing Chris only caused drama among the people who want to fuck RE characters. Elsa got it right. Let it go. You can even drop the RE name if you want, just give me more of the first half of 7 in 8.

As for remakes, I have a tough time thinking about any RE game outside of 1 and 2 that I think needs a remake. If 3 does comes out and it has the action trappings of 4/5, I will be very disappointed. They nailed the the classic RE formula with remake 2. If they don't give me that again, and introduce timed button press dodges and fighting moves, it's an easy pass. I really wish Capcom would just make a huge RE mercenaries game that features the 4/5 mechanics. They are fun, but they hardly lead themselves to what a survival horror experience should be.

disgraciau

Oct 27, 2017
Ibiza, Balearic Islands, Spain
Obligatory suplex gif after reading it in the poll:

tumblr_oj63u4m6Qc1sfv573o1_400.gif

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Isn't RE7 and RE2 Remake developed by different teams? If so, it makes sense that RE8 would be the next one.

I also wouldn't mind if they made RE3 remake. They could introduce a new and improved Carlos, flesh out his story and have it play out concurrently to Jill's campaign, similar to Leon and Claire's campaigns in RE2. If you recall, Carlos was handled similarly to Ada in Leon's campaign in that you would take control of him during certain sections of the campaign.

In my ideal world, RE3 remake would set up an RE8 where Ethan joins Chris, Jill and Carlos at the new Umbrella. It would make sense that Chris would recruit people he trusts to right Umbrella's wrongs and it would also be a way to transition Chris, Jill and others to a new group eventually.

Different directors/producers (outside of Kanda), but REmake 2's team was composed of Resident Evil HD Remaster's, REV2's and 7's staff.

People from every corner of Division 1 went to help on the project eventually, tho most of them left as soon as their duties were fulfilled. If you're looking for individuals in high positions tho, the only ones i'm aware outside what i mentioned above are: Tomonori Takano (concept artist), Wataru Hachisako (audio director) and Yuji Higashimaya (sound designer).

Should be noted that many employees work on multiple projects at once (RE7, DMCV, REmake 2 and even MHW which is Division 2).

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017
Am I the only one who hated all three control schemes in RE2make?

It's so clunky. RE4 tank controls were fine, no need to make them super floaty

Archduke Kong

Feb 2, 2019
RE8 done REmake 2 style. I wouldn't mind seeing first person again but REmake 2 did what I kind of wanted to see next from the series (puzzle box style mixed with the action gameplay style) and I can't help but wonder how that style might work out for a brand new game in the series.

I wouldn't mind REmake 3 either but it's kinda like following Crash N.Sane Trilogy the revival with a Team Racing Remake. It's cool, but less exciting to me than something brand new.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
If they do an R3make, I hope its much more ambitious than RE2R. I'd imagine it being open linear like Dark Souls 1 with the interior locations acting like dungeons which are designed like some of the smaller RE locations like the sewers, guest house, lab etc. Zombies should respawn in the outdoor locations and there should be crimson heads, lickers and evolved lickers just roaming around the city. Even without the burning mechanic.

Sleve McDichael

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I would like them alternate sequels and remakes.
8 > 3 remake > 9 > Code Veronica remake > 10

I hope they get around to doing a true remake of RE4 eventually. They can probably skip Zero.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
If they do an R3make, I hope its much more ambitious than RE2R. I'd imagine it being open linear like Dark Souls 1 with the interior locations acting like dungeons which are designed like some of the smaller RE locations like the sewers, guest house, lab etc. Zombies should respawn in the outdoor locations and there should be crimson heads, lickers and evolved lickers just roaming around the city. Even without the burning mechanic.

That sounds really, really cool. So of course it won't be anything like that. But I really hope they do Raccoon City more justice than back alleys and small streets. Still bummed they cut out an hour in the city in RE2 before reaching the station, that could've been amazing.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
That sounds really, really cool. So of course it won't be anything like that. But I really hope they do Raccoon City more justice than back alleys and small streets. Still bummed they cut out an hour in the city in RE2 before reaching the station, that could've been amazing.

I am pissed too about that since they even tease some cool locations in the intro like the subway, which I believe was only in the Outbreak games. Ideally, I would love R3make start from Jills highrise apartment where she has to escape to the outside because her building is overrun by zombies.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Resident Evil 2 Remake was one of the most exciting games in *years* for me, and other than a couple minor issues it was kind of the perfect video game. I played through it four times, which isn't something I can say very often about any game these days.

For that reason, I just want more. I always loved Resident Evil 3, I thought it had a great concept and hook, and seeing it realized with modern graphics and Capcom magic makes me more than a little excited. Even though it's a known quantity to a certain extent, I find this far more appealing than the idea of another game in the mold of RE7. RE7 was a good game with a spectacular first half, but it never really felt like a Resident Evil game to me. They should have just called it something else and let the two series run parallel. Other than the name and some UI elements (and a silly boss event later on in the game) nothing about it felt anything like RE. There's no reason to call it RE.

javiergame4

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully it's a new game.. res evil 7 was ok but I miss the co OP aspect. I loved res evil 5. Bring back multiplayer

ieandrew

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is one going to be genuinely scary? That one. (assuming it's RE8)

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
If Capcom's making REmake 3 it should be cross-gen and come out next year or soonish. I want RE8 to be next-gen only and be a technical masterpiece.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
I imagine that RE8 is next maybe year 1 or 2 of the new console closely followed by RE3 remake a year or so after.

regardless why choose one or the other when we can have both and probably will have both

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
A bit too soon, given how recent RE7 was. I really don't get the complaints on remakes, given how old most of these games are. All of the original games are from the last century. That is more than good enough for a remake, and then we can talk about sequels.

Reizzz

Jun 19, 2019
remake 3 please, I love that era of resi games and maybe I'm the only one that wants this ..but change the ending of 3 so that more games can take place in that location (trying to be vague)

Jun 18, 2018
I'm more interested in an original title than RE3Make*

But it doesn't have to be a traditional sequel. I'd be happy with a prequel. One of the great things about being trapped in the Baker mansion was the lack of modern technology and weaponry and I'd love that vibe to returb, as well as original characters.

*Unless it's RE1 remade for PSVR2 and its next gen motion controllers.

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
Resident Evil 8 similar to resident Evil 7 please. Didn't like RE2 Remake that much compared to 7

Voorhees

Nov 20, 2017
Honestly if done right and with good Co-Op mechanics I wouldn't mind them remaking Zero.

Online/Couch Co-Op - Boss fights that encourage problem solving/teamwork mechanics etc.

Could work, plus it's always nice to see Wesker/Birkin again.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
I am pissed too about that since they even tease some cool locations in the intro like the subway, which I believe was only in the Outbreak games. Ideally, I would love R3make start from Jills highrise apartment where she has to escape to the outside because her building is overrun by zombies.

Yeah, I hope they start in her apartment too, like make it an actual level before reaching the city.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I hope they start in her apartment too, like make it an actual level before reaching the city.

Yup. That would probably be the most epic intro level to a game ever if done right. RE2R really dropped the ball when they cut out the extra hour in the streets. It gave me the feeling that it was much safer outside than in the RPD.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there even any indication that RE8 will be keeping the FPV of RE7? I get the feeling that RE7 will remain the only game to feature that perspective.

As for a new game, I want the timeline to move away from the future and back to the past. I want games that take place no later than the Raccoon City incident, but preferably as early as the 60s, 70s and 80s. Part of REmake's appeal to me is the year it's set in - it feels old and antiquated and I love it. I cannot imagine how much more exciting it would be to explore Resident Evil even decades before the first game.