• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyora90

Apr 15, 2018
www.ign.com

Xbox Series X Graphics Source Code Reportedly Stolen, Being Held for $100 Million Ransom - IGN

The Xbox Series X graphics source code has been reported stolen and held for ransom. AMD has issued a DMCA takedown notice on the infringing data.

The news arrives through a blog post on the AMD website, where the hardware company explained the situation. "We were contacted by someone who claimed to have test files related to a subset of our current and future graphics products," the statement reads.

According to a report from TorrentFreak, this stolen data was found in a hacked computer and includes source code for AMD's Big Navi and Arden GPUs. The latter is rumoured to be the Xbox Series X 12 teraflop GPU.

Taken 4

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
MadeupRepentantHousefly-size_restricted.gif

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
so like, what can one do with all this code? can they hack the console/new AMD GPUs? Not sure why would anyone spend 100m dollars on this.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
lmao

If you're gonna do that, selling it to the highest bidder via bitcoin seems like a much smarter move than straight up asking microsoft/amd for 100 fucking million dollars, they aren't getting a penny lol

SuzanoSho

Dec 25, 2017
Was reading about the whole fiasco on the AMD Reddit. Apparently some young lady tried to do it under the guise of discovering a vulnerability and wanting AMD to patch up their security. The way she went about it was so terribly bad that I honestly doubt that was her intent...

Nerdkiller

Resettlement Advisor

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't fuck with Bill Gates' baby like that. I don't think the thief knows who they're playing with.

Better put some respect on Bill Gates name!

Status
Not open for further replies.