• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Not a good look, Bethesda. I will just hope that it was a mistake and it's something easily fixed, but I have very little faith.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Sony's licensing has lead to this before, not entirely sure if this is a Sony issue or a Bethesda/MS one. Doesn't feel like the kind of restriction MS would care to put on to PS users.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Glad I only spent £10 on the discounted season pass yesterday.

Hopefully it is yet another issue around PS store licensing but if not it's not like I don't have a ton of other stuff to play.

jonamok

Oct 28, 2017
On that quoted Discord post they are suddenly very clear about the word 'own' a PS4 copy. This should have been much clearer while the recent sale was still on. The one that finished, checks notes, yesterday. Funny that.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
images

Hope they fix it soon

Jolliwasp

Apr 13, 2024
The same thing happened with FF7 Remake and DBZ Kakarot, both had free next-gen upgrades that weren't available for PS+ owners. Both were added at a later date.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Been waiting to start it with this patch so it's pretty annoying. Hope they sort it soon.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
This sucks because I purchased all of the DLC back when it came out. So I have nothing + the DLC LOL

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
How does this keep happening

Sony's marvelous databases.
Likely the by product of a single individual bloody mindedly pushing through a particular setup without any proper forward thinking of planning - like main other PSN anomalies over the years.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Hopefully it's just a clunky PSN error and not a Resident Evil situation where Capcom just didn't wanna honour the PS+ entitlement
This sucks because I purchased all of the DLC back when it came out. So I have nothing + the DLC LOL
Same boat here. I could play it on Series X with game pass but no shot I'm buying that season pass now that the sale is over…

AkimbOb-omb

Oct 30, 2017
This is the reason why I have more faith in Nintendo (e.g. too show how low that bar is) than Sony when it comes to digital licenses. Such a cluster fuck over there on PSN.

OP
OP
jawzpause

jawzpause

Nov 7, 2017
I have faith it'll be fixed but probably will take some time, i don't have any hope that I'll be playing it this weekend

Back to balatro for me

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
The sad thing is... I got a non-Plus digital license in a bundle with my PS4, but because I claimed the Plus version I still can't download the PS5 version.

w0rm

Nov 28, 2017
I suspected this was going to happen and tried to buy the game when it was on sale this past week and the store wouldn't let me.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmmm, this will be interesting. Pretty sure I own the disc, and all the DLC, but I downloaded the PS+ version so I didn't have to fish the disc out. Looks like I'll probably have to if I want to download this update.

Feb 16, 2022
Iirc, this is an ongoing Sony issue.
Has happened many times.

Maybe Bethesda is at fault. Maybe publishers and Sony need to communicate entitlements for upgrades.
It's likely this. Sony themselves doesn't seem to prevent free PS Plus versions from being eligible for free upgrades, however due to the way SKU works on Sony's platform, publishers likely need to let Sony know in advance when they're letting Plus versions be eligible for free upgrades. It's very possible that most publishers just forget or not realize they have to do this.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Fuckin scammers.
No benefit of the doubt here - they're clearly trying to squeeze more money off of the TV show success.
Only will change it in case there's a big uproar over this - and an IGN article about it so quickly is probably a catalyst for that

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
Yeah I have the PS+ PS4 Fallout 4 in my library, but if I scroll down on the product page, it shows in a box "Fallout 4 PS4 & PS5, PURCHASED".

Yet it says I have to pay $20 for it now.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Fuckin scammers.
No benefit of the doubt here - they're clearly trying to squeeze more money off of the TV show success.
Only will change it in case there's a big uproar over this - and an IGN article about it so quickly is probably a catalyst for that

I don't think this is that particular case. Sony has always had problems with licences for some godforsaken reason.

This is more likely a byproduct of how shitty their licensing issues are.

Can't believe I'm coming out to bat for PS, of all companies. Someone please slap me