• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
jawzpause

jawzpause

Nov 7, 2017
"they're saying for users that downloaded from ps+ essential or from the catalogue they will not get the upgrade for free"

But that's not what they are saying. They are saying that "we do not have any information" about those specific scenarios, admitting they do not know one way or the other.
Right, so as of now if you're a catalogue or essential downloader, to get the upgrade you will have to pay, unless they state otherwise

Lightus

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if it's been mentioned, any word on how the DLC works here?

Downloading the ps5 version ps+ premium or whatever it's called but I bought the dlc awhile back individually when I had the disc. If I re-download the dlc will it know to give me the ps5 version and relate it to the ps+ game? (lol just typing that out was a mess)

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017

Downloading the ps5 version ps+ premium or whatever it's called but I bought the dlc awhile back individually when I had the disc. If I re-download the dlc will it know to give me the ps5 version and relate it to the ps+ game? (lol just typing that out was a mess)

i bought the dlc for the ps4 version and can download it all for the ps5 version

Pat_DC

Oct 27, 2017
It is not working on my end, Aus. OT title is misleading.
If they don't allow the catalogue to upgrade would have been nice to know as I'd have bought it for 6 bucks when it was on sale... which ended one day before this release, so lame.

Pat_DC

Oct 27, 2017
Such a mess.
Going to the standard edition it says I own another copy, clicking on that take sme to a long list of games I own, I eventually found it via Sonys shitty web interface and downloaded it. In my downloads tabs online it says ps4/ps5 version but on the ps5 it only shows the ps4 version. A bit annoying but I got plenty of other games to work through. If next sale it matches the previous low I'll jump in then if they don't resolve this and it is intentional.

Oct 25, 2017

Once you have the PS5 version installed you can download the DLC from main UI

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Painfree for me. I had the game already from the PS Collection, and am currently subbed to Premium. Went to Fallout 4, pressed the Select Edition button, and went to the PS+ version with the yellow Plus logo. From there I added it to my library and then downloaded the PS5 version

lopzter

Jan 13, 2020
Yeah, this is BS. "Own" the game from the PS+ Collection and purchased the Season Pass as it was on sale, had I known this shit I would have either purchased the game too, or not bought the DLC at all. Lesson learned I guess…

VodkaFX

May 31, 2018
Issue is not fixed.

If you own the copy through the PS+ Collection only, there is no free upgrade as of now.

Currently the free upgrade only shows up if you have an active PS+ subscription (Extra / Premium) tiers because its part of the game catalog.

Light-Cloud

Apr 3, 2021
I'm currently subscribed to the premium and I'm only able to download the PS4 version. It's wanting to charge me for the PS5 version. The issue is definitely not fixed.

Mau

Oct 25, 2017
I knew the PS Collection version would be screwed. Good thing I bought the GOTY/Complete edition on 90% off sale

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
Issue is not fixed.

If you own the copy through the PS+ Collection only, there is no free upgrade as of now.

Currently the free upgrade only shows up if you have an active PS+ subscription (Extra / Premium) tiers because its part of the game catalog.

I'm currently subscribed to the premium and I'm only able to download the PS4 version. It's wanting to charge me for the PS5 version. The issue is definitely not fixed.

I knew the PS Collection version would be screwed. Good thing I bought the GOTY/Complete edition on 90% off sale
I claimed my copy of FO4 on the PS+ Collection and got the upgrade.

Pat_DC

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah this is all over the place. I still have an active sub and can only access the ps+ ps4 version atm.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I would've just bought it in the sale if they had actually communicated this was going to be the case. No way am I paying now.

AJUK

May 28, 2019
No option in the app for ps5 version, I'm on extra in uk. Will try on console shortly

jonamok

Oct 28, 2017
Can we get a thread title change please? This ain't nearly fixed.

To be clear: No matter your region, if your PS+ collection version allowed you to download the free PS5 upgrade, it is because you either have the PS4 disc in your PS5 disc tray, and/or you are currently subscribed to PS+ Extra or PS+ Premium (middle / top tiers).

If you are only subscribed to PS+ Essentials, your PS+ collection version of FO4 will NOT allow you to download the free PS5 upgrade. That would be a $20 cost to you.

Of course the day before this occurred you coulda got the upgrade for $5.

Maybe they will fix this, but I'm doubting that.

Feb 16, 2022
I'm way more relaxed towards Sony when it comes to these stuff but this is why I still buy games I want to "own" regardless if they already gave it away on Plus.

Pat_DC

Oct 27, 2017

To be clear: No matter your region, if your PS+ collection version allowed you to download the free PS5 upgrade, it is because you either have the PS4 disc in your PS5 disc tray, and/or you are currently subscribed to PS+ Extra or PS+ Premium (middle / top tiers).

If you are only subscribed to PS+ Essentials, your PS+ collection version of FO4 will NOT allow you to download the free PS5 upgrade. That would be a $20 cost to you.

I'm on the middle tier, + Extra in Aus and it doesn't work for me either. I think I got my copy through the offer when you bought a ps5 but seeing as navigating licenses and where games come from on Sony accounts is such a nightmare I have no idea.

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

I have Premium active and it's not working for me. I got FO4 from the special PS+ pack that came out when buying a PS5. UK here.

CliveLH

Jun 22, 2019
It's the kind of threads that make you think "ok maybe Smart Delivery wasn't a marketing gimmick"

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
Yeah, just tried, not working for me in EU.

And I'm on Premium btw, but claimed Fallout 4 with the PS5 Plus library thingy

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
To confirm, not working for me either, still wants ÂŁ15.99. UK, got it via the PS+, only currently subbed to PS+ Essential.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not even sure why I'm so keen for this. It's probably the classic "I can't have it and therefore I want it even more". I quite like Fallout 4 but I think the writing is shit, and watching various comparison videos on YouTube, the visual changes look pretty minimal. 60fps is what I want it for I suppose.

I am also fully on the hype because I loved the show, so that's a large part of it.

Yildiray

May 30, 2022
Germany
I'm on Extra and can't still claim it, tried with the console and the mobile app, I'm in Germany, so I guess it's not fixed.

Angst72

Oct 27, 2017
Got the update to the PS+ version this morning

Edit - scratch that. It was an update to the PS4 version

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like somebody jumped the gun and reported this as fixed when it was just a patch for the PS4 version. Have reverted the title change.

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
It now works here in the UK for me

PS5 download available from the one I got when I bought my PS5 and they had that collection of games. The PS+ version says 'included'. I added tthat to Library, now I can select either PS4 or PS5 edition from the original Pip Boy icon

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
It now works here in the UK for me

PS5 download available from the one I got when I bought my PS5 and they had that collection of games. The PS+ version says 'included'. I added tthat to Library, now I can select either PS4 or PS5 edition from the original Pip Boy icon

Ooooh awesome. I'll go and check mine in a moment.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
I can now download the PS5 version.
If I download the DLC I run into issues though. We'll see how that all pans out when I'm done downloading the base game.

Edit: okay, seems to work now. Thought it was downloading the PS4 version of the dlc, but it seems to just download both when it activates and I just deleted the PS4 variants from the queue

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I am heading out but I quickly checked on my PS5 and I also have PS5 version available to download.
I don't remember which PS+ version I claimed but it's there (I do have PS Premium so maybe that counts too).