• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Feb 15, 2018
User Warned : Inappropriate commentary.
I'm not sure if it's posted here but just read this comment on Boomstick's Dead Cell allegation video. Doesn't look good for the IGN.

image.php

#metoo

Angry Chair

May 14, 2018
Assuming he is a sociopath, which seems plausible, it shouldn't be used to hand wave his stealing. Many sociopaths are able to go through life without committing amoral acts especially at the rate Filip did.

Nov 14, 2017
I think people are trying to justify his actions blaming mental illness because how stupid and obvious his plagiarisms were, but being dumb isn't exclude.
I think people are trying to justify how a professional writer and reviewer that works to the biggest gaming website atm can make such mistakes.

I'm not excluding mental illness, but the guy just seems to me like a plagiarist looser.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Please do not 'explore possibilities' around metal illness. It is insulting to others who suffer from actual mental illness and highly inappropriate. You are not qualified to diagnose anyone with anything. Stop

I didn't know I diagnosed anyone with anything, and many many people suffer from various forms of mental illness including myself so I'd appreciate if you didn't try and pull the "insulting to those who suffer" card.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure if it's posted here but just read this comment on Boomstick's Dead Cell allegation video. Doesn't look good for the IGN.
To be honest, IGN isn't the one looking bad here.

I'm not sure what your angle is that you happened to highlight this random comment with a random allegation from something allegedly happening over two decades ago that isn't reflected at all in IGN's body of work outside this one awful guy they recently hired.

Aselith

Oct 27, 2017
Why wouldn't they? Tons of companies ask questions related to their history to see if the applicant has researched them or has a knowledge of their company. Asking about major news over the past few years is probing to see if they follow the industry.

I've never heard of any company doing that and it's a great way to filter out tons of very good applicants with something that has zero effect on their ability to do their job. It would be an extremely poor hiring practice.

Major news stories I can understand but the way you said it, it seemed like you meant familiarity specifically with their coverage

nextJin

Mar 17, 2018
Georgia
Question Number One: Which game is objectively worse than Imagine Party Babyz?

Nah I'm thinking 1: What was the first Nintendo show IGN did, When was NVC started, who are the hosts? 2: in your opinion what was the biggest news story of 2013, 2017?

If they asked Filip those questions something tells me they wouldn't have hired him.

nextJin

Mar 17, 2018
Georgia
I've never heard of any company doing that and it's a great way to filter out tons of very good applicants with something that has zero effect on their ability to do their job. It would be an extremely poor hiring practice.

Major news stories I can understand but the way you said it, it seemed like you meant familiarity specifically with their coverage

Yea no it wouldn't be specific to IGNs coverage of something from years back. Just in general.

EDIT: and just because someone might something wrong or not know is not a negative. All a company is doing is vetting them, happens all the time.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Dude should've made a genuine apology and begged for people's forgiveness as soon as the first example of plagiarism was found. The internet sleuths still would've probably uncovered most of this stuff but at least he would've gotten out in front of it with an actual apology. Now things are just snowballing into something worse; a week ago it was his job, now it's his career, when all is said and done will this guy be able to use the internet again? and it's really fucking hard to feel sorry for a dude who half-arses his apology and then dares people to investigate him further.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
That's correct. No one here should be trying to discuss if he has a mental illness. That's exactly right. We do not know him or have any possible way to diagnose him so it should not be part of the discussion.

Then no ones allowed to say he's probably a sociopath going by that logic since that's pretty much a form of mental illness.

What else is there to say then at this point?

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Nah I'm thinking 1: What was the first Nintendo show IGN did, When was NVC started, who are the hosts? 2: in your opinion what was the biggest news story of 2013, 2017?

If they asked Filip those questions something tells me they wouldn't have hired him.

If someone who is applying to IGN doesn't know what the biggest gaming stories of 2013 and 2017, then that's just real sad.

BluePigGanon

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly the whole thing is just sorta sad. I wouldn't want to experience whatever is going on in Miucin's brain right now. I'm not being an apologist, he's a dummy... but ugh.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil

Well, each company has to adapt their hiring process to their reality. It is very common asking why the person wants to work there expecting responses about the company story.
Just play Doom 2016 or search on YouTube the corporative bullshit they show. It is hilarious but it is true.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017

Filip: Biggest story of 2013.... the year of Luigi?

Being serious at least he'll always remember the biggest story of 2018

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Hey guys, what if he just did all that plagiarism because someone kidnapped his mother?

Won't you feel bad when it turns out his mother's name is also your mother's name.