• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Realeza

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Miucin readin this thread like

giphy.gif

Oct 25, 2017
His name is going to become a phrase people use. Please do better than "I got Muicined."

This will actually become a movie at some point in the next 10 or so years.

He's now the standard when it comes to teaching people why plagiarism is wrong. What better example is there?

This is the longest I've gotten without hearing the phrase or a reference to "too much water".

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Has this been posted yet? Miucin took at least one full sentence from Jose Otero's Abzu review. The craziest part is that Miucin's review even has a hyperlink to the Abzu review in the sentence that he took from that Abzu review.

Otero (Abzu Review, 2016)
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/08/02/abzu-review

Miucin (Inner Space Review, 2018)
http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/01/16/innerspace-review

He mentioned the game in the NVC. Which may be why the Dev was disappointed in how the game was portrayed along with his review itself.

Funny how he went straight to Brian talking about it when he was the one reviewing it.

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Couldn't even do a puff piece interview by himself

You really had a winner here IGN
If you watch some of his videos where he clearly has to make his own thoughts, he has trouble doing It. In his new 2ds xl review he says "it's the best nonlooking special edition". Couldn't even be bothered to edit a new take. Of course, there is always the chance he stole that line errors and all.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Those Octopath interview DMs made me ask, once again, just how in the world this guy wasn't caught ages ago. "You saved me a lot of work" might be the understatement of the year.

Someone please make a list of everything he had write and share the link
I imagine a few are trying diligently, but it's honestly hard to keep up. New examples are still being found left and right...

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
If you watch some of his videos where he clearly has to make his own thoughts, he has trouble doing It. In his new 2ds xl review he says "it's the best nonlooking special edition". Couldn't even be bothered to edit a new take. Of course, there is always the chance he stole that line errors and all.

Oh his videos are garbage

He clearly has no actual skills as a writer or even much of an interest in gaming which is why he resorted to just stealing everything

Oct 27, 2017
Peru

This fucking dude, LMAO. I just can't.

WTF, this is like, some of the most basic sh*t that any person could ask. I bet that 99% of this forum could come up with the same or even better questions.

I don't even want to think how this guy actually handles real life, let alone having a wife and kids.

Has this been posted yet? Miucin took at least one full sentence from Jose Otero's Abzu review. The craziest part is that Miucin's review even has a hyperlink to the Abzu review in the sentence that he took from that Abzu review.

There's a line where copying takes more work than not doing it at all and Filip crossed it. I think that the guy might have some sort of mental disorder.

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017

Jesus Christ.

Putting together interview questions is not hard at all.
Even if you know absolutely nothing about the game, all it takes is 30-45 minutes of resear--- Oh yeah. I forgot that this is Filip we're talking about.

He was probably freaking out because he couldn't find any other interviews he could steal from.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
I feel like the "Thanks! You saved me a lot of work" is wrong thinking on Filip's part....usually it should be you work hard at it first especially if it's your JOB, then go to others for help after exhausting all resources and definitely not to save a lot of work yourself.

Makes me think he was lazy and just went to friends and colleagues for help the moment he was stumped.

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
There is so much to unpack here.

He's the editor at IGN Nintendo.
He hasn't been following Octopath Traveler, the biggest Switch RPG since Xenoblade 2.

?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!!?

Oct 25, 2017
Does he have an original thought at all? That's so blatant.

Well, he changed one of the adjectives in the compound adjective from "refreshing" to "memorable."

Is it creative in general. No? But on the Sliding Scale of Filip Miucin, writing that change in adjectives is on par with writing Hamlet or the King James version of the Bible.

Truly a testament to how far you can get in life purely by winging it.

If you just look like someone who fits a stereotypical profile that people generally expect, you can basically be talentless and still get pretty far in life.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

It's like he thinks it's normal practice to steal. I genuinely don't understand how it's possible to be that stupid.

Feb 15, 2018
I feel like the "Thanks! You saved me a lot of work" is wrong thinking on Filip's part....usually it should be you work at it first especially if it's your JOB, then go to others for help after exhausting all resources..

Makes me think he was lazy and just went to friends and colleagues for help the moment he was stumped.

You need to at least offer up questions you've come up with. Anything will do. It's just asking questions about games ffs. Then ask, do you think these could be improved at all?

Not just, "Hey can you do my work for me? kthxcya"

In fact, I would really enjoy that job. How could they hire someone so out of his depth

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
Why the hell would anyone try to scam their way into being a videogame editor if they didn't give the slightest shit about the subject matter? Like, there's no prestige to be had, it doesn't pay well, it doesn't necessarily guarantee a transition into other jobs within the industry, and those points are all infinitely more true for someone who doesn't and can't do the fuckin' work. Seriously, what's the point of any of this?

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
You need to at least offer up questions you've come up with. Anything will do. It's just asking questions about games ffs. Then ask, do you think these could be improved at all?

Not just, "Hey can you do my work for me? kthxcya"

Agree.

Man it amazes me how from the Dead Cells review itself it blew up to all this. Wonder how far it would have gone if he didn't review Dead Cells...

Realeza

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
IGN should definitely get some flack. Just read those slightly altered reviews. How the fuck does garbage like that even get published?

6mtxfF5.png

"That gives the whole experience a very Flower feel" you are gonna tell me that an editor didn't go over this shit before deciding it's good enough to be published? Fuck outta here.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Damn this is like watching a trainwreck that causes a wildfire that spreads to a hospital that unleashes a rare bacteria on everyone in town that.... I just dont see an end to this disaster.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Good Lord, the more time goes by, the more I just feel bad for all his former colleagues at IGN.

Holy crap. "That's good, that's damn good" -from some gif I saw one time

The more stuff I see about this guy, the more I'm curious to watch that NVC show he hosted (this is true, right?). I've never seen it, but I just feel like I need to study how he carries himself on it now for some reason.

Long story short, I needed more time to focus on myself. I was spending like 60% of my waking time on Era most days. It wasn't healthy. I've cut down my presence on the site a lot since I stepped down.
Okay, I thought I was going crazy for a while when I was like shouldn't "Moderator" be somewhere near that name? Thank you for all the time you've volunteered in keeping this place a pleasant place to come a discuss things.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
This is just bizarre, at a certain point it must have been harder to copy things than formulate an original thought. It's like he was taunting IGN to call him out.

Realeza

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good Lord, the more time goes by, the more I can just feel bad for all his former colleagues at IGN.

Holy crap. "That's good, that's damn good" -from some gif I saw one time

The more stuff I see about this guy, the more I'm curious to watch that NVC show he hosted (this is true, right?). I've never seen it, but I just feel like I need to study how he carries himself on it, now for some reason.

Okay, I thought I was going crazy for a while when I was like shouldn't "Moderator" be somewhere near that name? Thank you for all the time you've volunteered in keeping this place a pleasant place to come a discuss things.

I listened to NVC since he was hired and the dude basically had no personality and always echoed the comments of everybody else. It all makes sense now.

Greendomo

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I feel like it's just as much work copying, pasting, reordering and switching out words than just writing something original yourself, but what do I know.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit how is this 45 pages so fast. Was there even more stuff found after what the OP posted or are you guys just shooting the shit now?

Deleted member 4021

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I feel like it's just as much work copying, pasting, reordering and switching out words than just writing something original yourself, but what do I know.
At this point it seems like he's just functionally incapable of original thoughts. I can't comprehend how he passed his interview with IGN.