• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HMS_Pinafore

Oct 25, 2017
Straya M8
I have to imagine that IGN will have a stricter vetting process for new reviewers from now on, it's a bad enough look for this to happen once, but they really can't let this happen again

Maybe he meant these nerds.
rainbow-nerds-theater-box.png
Maybe he meant these nerds.
rainbow-nerds-theater-box.png
Please don't bring nerds into this.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
"He got me," Filip said of Boomstick's review. "That f***ing boomstick boomed me." Filip added, "I fucking got caught," repeating it four times. He then said he wanted to add boomstick to the list of places he will avoid when plagiarizing.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm no lawyer and I'm sure I'm using the wrong terminology but tarnishing reputation or defamation? Ya know, something like that.

Yeah, but what does IGN have to actually get right now? They fired him already and his reputation is non existent.

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah as soon as I started seeing 3 or more examples it made me think, this guy just can't write. So how come ALL his stuff isn't just copied. And lo and behold.

Nav

Oct 27, 2017
So yeah. As others have discussed these past 40 pages, a lot of IGN editors have now tweeted out statements on the matter.

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
Alright everyone it's been fun but the jokes and memes are getting stale now.

Let's return to our regularly scheduled, very serious programming please.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have to imagine that IGN will have a stricter vetting process for new reviewers from now on, it's a bad enough look for this to happen once, but they really can't let this happen again
I imagine something along the lines of this for the newest most updated application.

Name:
Education:
History of work:
Social Security Number:
Ethnicity:
Are you a veteran:
Do you have a disability:
Have you ever plagiarized the work of somebody else:

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I hate that the recent events will probably jeopardize the income of Filip's family, but him tripling down on his actions only make me unsympathetic towards the guy.

Mike Double U

Oct 25, 2017
Kalamazoo, Michigan
I'm pretty sure dude's just going to keep doing what he's doing. I hope he does another Monster Hunter guide.

I subscribed, seems like a great channel. Would be nice if he could get a lump sum of payment (or hell, even a job) out of it though!

They're probably laying low.
Ironically, what Filip should have done to save some face.

Lol, I love the way he tried to come out so against it just to have more an more things found to be stole. And now he's deleting videos from his YouTube and tweets more than likely too.

I would appreciate it if this could happen.

Best use of this ever.

Mods, please use this for tomorrow only with no explanation.

I would imagine for a YouTuber, realizing how much of a microphone you're going to have the next time you discuss this subject has to be a lot of pressure. It is going to be picked up a lot of places. Given that the situation still hasn't finalized yet, he's might be waiting to see how everything shakes out before he goes on the record. That'd be the sensible thing to do.

Yeah, that makes the most sense. It's just really cool to see the little guy have so much power fir once.

Nav

Oct 27, 2017
Also, anyone else find it odd that Filip started a weekly Smash website roundup right after GameXplain did so...? It's not like other major gaming outlets did this.

thinking-face_1f914.png

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
It would have been kinda dumb if they also removed all the podcast episodes he was on since they are just normal podcast episodes.

Its just a jerk was sitting on the table with them.

ElMexiMerican

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly can't believe he was able to get away with it for as long as he did. He seemed like a decent enough guy through podcasts too.

SantaC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm transcribing the NeoGAF plagiarism just because of how utterly blatant and hilarious it was.

NeoGAF comment (January 22nd, 2017):

https://www./threads/how-does-hd-rumble-work.1336582/#post-228858910

"Well normal rumble is just a motor which spins, creating a vibration. Basically.

HD rumble uses linear actuators, similar to apple's "Taptic engine" which is what they use for the Force Touch stuff in the new iPhones and Apple Watch. I BELIEVE that these are different in that they are more like weighted electro magnets, rather than a simple spinning motor. This means you can create a much, much more subtle variety of sensations compared to a rumble motor which is pretty much just a spinning motor - all they can really do is produce differing speeds of vibration.

I'm not an expert myself but I'm sure others on here can give you more of a technical explanation of how the actuators actually work."

Filip (January 24th, 2017):

https://youtu.be/2lkqfPfXkcE?t=24

"So, I did a little bit of research on my own, and here's what I came up with:

So basically, a normal rumble is just a motor which spins, creating a vibration, right?

Well, HD rumble uses linear actuators, similar to Apple's "Taptic engine" which is what they use for the new Force Touch stuff in the new iPhones and Apple Watches. See, I believe that these are different in that they are more likely weighted electro magnets, rather than a simple spinning motor. This means you can create a much, much more subtle variety of sensations compared to a rumble motor, which is pretty much just a spinning motor - and all those can really do is produce differing speeds of vibration."
Lmao he said he did research of his own