• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
No, it's been brought up a long time ago by numerous posters and has nothing to do with deflecting anyway.

IPeople can discuss this issue, just like they can discuss it when any public figure has very public transgressions, without this weak ass attempt at guilt tripping that some people are on about all of a sudden because they think this "witch hunt" has gone too far. The shift in narrative from you and others is pretty transparent.

swimming

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are you trying to place blame on some posters here? Or era as a whole? I don't understand your question and don't understand why you needed to ask in the first place.
bruh the topic of suicide was literally brought up on page 84 lol. i don't understand how talking about a realistic outcome is out of the line here. just saying i would feel guilty if i had trashed him over video games like the most of you guys seem to be doing. & since i would; i don't

Storybook

Oct 27, 2017
I hope this is a lesson for him and for anyone who's doing or trying to do what he did. For some reason I feel sorry for him and I hope he can be a better person after all what happened.

Aselith

Oct 27, 2017
bruh the topic of suicide was literally brought up on page 84 lol. i don't understand how talking about a realistic outcome is out of the line here. just saying i would feel guilty if i had trashed him over video games like the most of you guys seem to be doing. & since i would; i don't

It's a realistic outcome that posters in this topic would drive him to suicide specifically?

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Wow this story blew up. I can't believe this. I had no idea he had so much material out there in the Ether. To challenge the Internet...a complete miscalculation on his end.

What he did is crazy but I do hope he takes care of himself. He's a father, afterall. This is self-inflicted but I hope he can bounce back in some sort of way.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

Somebody bringing it up for absolutely no reason with with no actual evidence as to his mental health doesn't make it a "realistic outcome". This is all incredibly stupid.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
bruh the topic of suicide was literally brought up on page 84 lol. i don't understand how talking about a realistic outcome is out of the line here. just saying i would feel guilty if i had trashed him over video games like the most of you guys seem to be doing

I'm not trashing him over videogames. I'm trashing him for his history of fraud in the workplace and his remarkably shitty attitude when confronted about it.

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
I'm not sure if it's posted here but just read this comment on Boomstick's Dead Cell allegation video. Doesn't look good for the IGN.

image.php
Holy shit... This rabbit hole... The depth...

This is what Fran had to say about all this Filip. Seems Schreier has some more digging to do...

Oct 25, 2017
Dude. Chill.

You are not making any real points right now and this won't end well for you. Just back away and actually read the words people are typing.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
IPeople can discuss this issue, just like they can discuss it when any public figure has very public transgressions, without this weak ass attempt at guilt tripping that some people are on about all of a sudden because they think this "witch hunt" has gone too far. The shift in narrative from you and others is pretty transparent.

The only shift is my tone cuz this is way more serious than anyone could have guessed.

If you're implying some kinda agenda, you're wrong.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We have no idea what's going on in his head and he isn't reading this message board.
Eh, I would not bet that he isn't reading this board. He already plagiarized from the old place anyway. Chances are he's aware of this thread.

He's never going to recover from this, this is marked forever in his resume, but I hope to god that he pull himself up and stop with everything negative that has been proven instead of giving everything up.

I know that if I were to be in his place, I would be in a pretty dark place in my mind and I wouldn't be able to recover.

swimming

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You should feel bad about all the people he plagiarized.

What if they are so distressed by him manipulating their hard work and they committed suicide? Would you feel bad?
not close to the same thing imo. getting the entire games media to just take turns taking stabs at you and your family isn't remotely the same thing as getting copied by someone. the latter would induce anger. the other is getting bullied. but yea i would feel bad

Jerry Ross

Oct 25, 2017
Please stop casting your generalizations so broad. I'm worried about his safety & how this makes community look if something bad happens to him or if he tries to spin the narrative. I'm not trying to deflect the plagiarism or minimize the damage to the people he hurt. The incidence of plagiarism should be cataloged in the op & we should get back on topic without fighting each other.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
"I feel bad for the guy"

You know who you should be feeling for? The people who worked really hard to create original content and got it stolen from someone. Someone who at times was a friend and a colleague.

That's the people you should really feel bad for.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Please stop casting your generalizations so broad. I'm worried about his safety & how this makes community look if something bad happens to him or if he tries to spin the narrative. I'm not trying to deflect the plagiarism or minimize the damage to the people he hurt. The incidence of plagiarism should be cataloged in the op & we should get back on topic without fighting each other.

If he has mental health issues, then I hope he gets help for them. And the people who are harassing him or his family through social media or any other means are shitty for doing that. But nobody here is doing that. The discussion here is squarely on his plagiarism. Those discussions should not stop because maybe/not maybe he might/might not have mental health problems. And regarding his maybe/maybe not mental health issues, there's no way for us to responsibly discuss that. Just throwing it out there as a possibility is not responsible.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
What name calling and what threats? None of that is happening...people are just talking about it....
Yeah, I think this forum has been relatively generous. It's mostly people questioning his motives but many are sympathetic. I bet Filip isn't getting much sympathy anywhere else.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Christ, the amount of mental-health handwringing in this thread is mind-boggling.

People really need to stop A) equating Miucin's choice to plagiarize other people's work with mental illness and B) acting like OTHER people are the villains for calling him out over his choices.

For fuck's sake.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
"I feel bad for the guy"

You know who you should be feeling for? The people who worked really hard to create original content and got it stolen from someone. Someone who at times was a friend and a colleague.

That's the people you should really feel bad for.
Not only that, but had their work published by an outlet that is significantly larger than a lot of the places he cribbed from.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
getting the entire games media to just take turns taking stabs at you and your family

Dude, if I ever meet Filip's kids they'll get free ice cream, on me. Maybe their choice of a reasonably-priced toy from a nearby store. They're probably cool and don't deserve any crap that idiots may be throwing their way.

Their dad's a dick, though.

mia.shark

Dec 4, 2017
Karachi, Pakistan
I feel worse for all the other people who got rejected, neglected because of Miucin's work, he was doing it for a long time apparently. PLAGIARISM IN WRITING? Like what's even left here? Stealing it off other's works and then making it yours to earn free bucks is literally the most stupid thing to do but at the same time I think he has faced enough repercussions I mean who will even hire him after all of this? Who will even watch/read his stuff anymore? He'll have to switch the career. Hope he apologizes to every single one and stays well in the future nevertheless. He made a blunder & seemingly paying for it!

Aselith

Oct 27, 2017
I feel worse for all the other people who got rejected, neglected because of Miucin's work, he was doing it for a long time apparently. PLAGIARISM IN WRITING? Like what's even left here? Stealing it off other's works and then making it yours to earn free bucks is literally the most stupid thing to do but at the same time I think he has faced enough repercussions I mean who will even hire him after all of this? Who will even watch/read his stuff anymore? He'll have to switch the career. Hope he apologizes to every single one and stays well in the future nevertheless. He made a blunder & seemingly paying for it!

But not admitted to it

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Even his resume is plagiarized lol.

I wouldn't be surprised that he actually stole his current identity too.