• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 15, 2018
JtmT43y.jpg
Best use of this in a while

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The other thread is also in the style of a metrovania but doesn't penalize the other for using those skills to progress

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is funny and all but I kinda feel bad for IGN. I've never been a huge fan of them, they screw-up constantly, but this is easily one of the worst scandals they had to face and they will have to work extra hard to gain their audience's confidence once again despite that they already fired the dude responsible.

And about Filip, he better start looking for another, preferably legal, line of work.

Mastermind

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Can we measure the intensity of a screw up by how willing moderators are to take part in the festivities however unfortunate they happen to be?

Deleted member 39587

Banned
Feb 6, 2018
Between the first page here and the other plagiarized thread I'm almost crying here. Gosh!

This is almost as bad as Yoshi's tax evasion.

AMAGON

Prominent Member
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Imagine discovering that tasks you thought a co-worker had done over the course of the year had in fact not been done and instead he'd managed to steal from and antagonize professional colleagues. So now you have to go back to do a year's worth of work, search frantically for other areas of possible sabotage, and shoulder the blame and burden of apology for not finding out earlier. I would be incredibly angry.

The added scrutiny and distrust that will result from Filip's plagiarism will probably change a lot of behind the scenes stuff at IGN. It will probably lead to several internal reviews at other places too.

AMAGON

Prominent Member
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Imagine discovering that tasks you thought a co-worker had done over the course of the year had in fact not been done and instead he'd managed to steal from and antagonize professional colleagues. So now you have to go back to do a year's worth of work, search frantically for other areas of possible sabotage, and shoulder the blame and burden of apology for not finding out earlier. I would be incredibly angry.

The added scrutiny and distrust that will result from Filip's plagiarism will probably change a lot of behind the scenes stuff at IGN. It will probably lead to several internal reviews at other places too.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
Kudos to IGN, I know they're probably a little embarrassed about this whole fiasco but they've handled this quickly and professionally. This has bolsteredd their credibility, not damaged it as they fear.

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Threads with the same title, every page feels like I'm seeing the same black cat from the Matrix movies.

Oct 27, 2017
Props to IGN, I'm sure they're probably a little bashful about this whole fiasco but they've dealt with this quickly and professionally. This has embiggened their credibility, not damaged it as they dreaded.

Brinksman

Oct 25, 2017
Someone is probably working on a compilation, but as of now this is really the "holy shit" example of just how deep things ran as far as him stealing from people

Puggsly

Nov 2, 2017
NOLA
Someone is probably working on a compilation, but as of now this is really the "holy shit" example of just how deep things ran as far as him stealing from people

The funny thing is, that post I made on GAF wasn't exactly heavily reseached either; it was just me cobbling together bits I knew and it wasn't in depth - quite why he decided to use that as a source is beyond me: I'm a fricking primary school teacher, not an expert in controller mechanics!

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
UPDATE:

FYI it's looking more and more likely that most of Fhis work published on IGN has editorial copy in it sufficiently derivative of previously-published work that it is a significant ethical breach and will need to be removed.

We are moving on it as fast as we can as a Senior Editorial staff.

There are complications. Including challenges around removing review scores and the way out site CMS works (which is why Dead Cells unfortunately displayed a "0.0 Disaster" score for a time).

A final decision hasn't been made but I think the most likely outcome is all of his work will be removed, and we'll decide from there what we need to do in terms of replacing the back-catalogue of critical content we owe game makers.

In case you don't know what's going on, the previous thread: https://www.resetera.com/threads/fi...sation-update-more-examples-discovered.61255/

In the now deleted apology video, Filip dared people to find more evidence of his plagiarism as he claimed it didn't exist. There have been multiple found so far, including previews and reviews of FIFA, Octopath Traveler, Switch HD Rumble previews, Bayonetta 2 and more.

As a said earlier: Mods would spend more energy updating OP than Filip did when he copied stuff hahahha
J2Sd0ED.png

Damn I feel sorta bad for IGN, but they've been handling this really ok since it has all opened up. Ugh

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UPDATE:

FYI it's looking more and more likely that most of Fhis work published on IGN has editorial copy in it sufficiently derivative of previously-published work that it is a significant ethical breach and will need to be removed.

We are moving on it as fast as we can as a Senior Editorial staff.

There are complications. Including challenges around removing review scores and the way out site CMS works (which is why Dead Cells unfortunately displayed a "0.0 Disaster" score for a time).

A final decision hasn't been made but I think the most likely outcome is all of his work will be removed, and we'll decide from there what we need to do in terms of replacing the back-catalogue of critical content we owe game makers.

In case you don't know what's going on, the previous thread: https://www.resetera.com/threads/fi...sation-update-more-examples-discovered.61255/

In the now deleted apology video, Filip dared people to find more evidence of his plagiarism as he claimed it didn't exist. There have been multiple found so far, including previews and reviews of FIFA, Octopath Traveler, Switch HD Rumble previews, Bayonetta 2 and more.

As a said earlier: Mods would spend more energy updating OP than Filip did when he copied stuff hahahha
J2Sd0ED.png

Damn I feel sorta bad for IGN, but they've been handling this really ok since it has all opened up. Ugh
Is plagiarizing your way through life possible? Would I be crazy to think he probably has?

The amount of plagiarism found so far is absurd

Status
Not open for further replies.