• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Concelhaut

Banned
Jun 10, 2019
List

10- Super Mario 64
9- Red Dead Redemption
8- Half Life 2
7- Tetris
6- Super Mario Bros 3
5- Zelda Breath of the Wild
4- Super Metroid
3- Portal 2
2- Zelda A Link to the Past
1- Super Mario World

I also think Portal got switched with Portal 2, ALTTP got ahead of Ocarina

I still think SMB3 deserves No.1 instead of World.

Last edited:

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Borderlands 2, Fable 2 and AC: Black Flag on a top 100 list makes my head scratch.
I don't like the list in general, but Rise of the Tomb Raider at 55 is the most baffling one to me.

That puts it ahead of COD4 at 56, Mass Effect at 57, GTA San Andreas at 58, Silent Hill 2 at 59 ... *goes through literally every game outside of Pokemon Go at 100*.

Nbz

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Jedi Knight 2 is one that stood out to me as a very weird pick to be the 67th best game lol

To be fair IGN tends to lean towards industry importance in lists like these which is fine, but it means that you have Mario 1 at 14. That game is important, but it isn't a great game to go back to today. I mean its fine but you know, it's been surpassed so thoroughly that it doesn't really warrant an inclusion.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh with using Pokémon Yellow when you even have GSC on the same console
UGH at FF6 over FF9
U G H at no Xenoblade or Xenogears

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
It's a good list. But, I feel the list is still a little console focused. Sure, League of Legends and DotA2 are in. So is StarCraft.

But I feel games like Age of Empires and Warcraft deserve to be on such a list.

Rad

Oct 26, 2017
Baldur's Gate 2 as low as 48. What a joke.

Then I saw Rise of the Tomb Raider at 55. So IGN considers Rise of the Tomb Raider almost equal game to Baldur's Gate 2 oh my god. I'm triggered.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
RE4 is 31 places too low.

Albeit I think I might have only played a third of these 100 games so what do I know.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I usually don't comment on top lists but botw at 5 is so silly. Maybe botw 2 if they add a story and some dungeons and make my weapons last.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
FF7 at #96?
Dark Souls ahead of BB?
So many things to point out but yeah I don't agree with this list to even the slightest.

I've seen many top 100 lists and you can never agree with everything but this one has to be the worst list of all-time.

Last edited:

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Is Baldur's gate 2 anywhere in that top 100?
Cu38DnG.jpg

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Does Half Life 2 still hold up to warrant a spot that high?
Looking at the list it doesn't look like this is judged on current standards alone. In HL2's section it starts with "Half-Life 2 forever changed our expectations for what a first-person shooter could be." So they're definitely taking into account impact and legacy, not just how well they hold up today. So in that case, yeah I'd say HL2 is about right.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
botw in the top 5, it just feels right :)
excellent top 5 overall, i love all of those games

edit: and 6 games in the top 10 being nintendo games. IGN made some points.

DubleDuce

Jan 15, 2018
Obvious they have a Super Nintendo nostalgia boner.

A Link to the Past is important to the series and genre for what it codified and innovated, but plenty of Zeldas have passed it since then. I'd put a Link Between Worlds over it, honestly.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Reads like a single person decided to create that list with a single opinion and also add some fanboy'ism to it

Jan 10, 2018
That's the most boring top 10 I've ever seen. Let me make a similar one but with anothe theme...

Top 3 drinks of all time:

3. Tea
2. Coffee
1. Water

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
6 out of the Top 10 games are Nintendo.

Personally, I could never do a top 100 list. I've played far too many games to ever categorize them in such a manner.

Still though, there's just something so incredibly bland and predictable about giving the top spots to Mario and Zelda.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I love nintendo games but yeah that list is too much even for me...like either put smb3 or world no reason to put both also OoT> link to the past

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
That's the most boring top 10 I've ever seen. Let me make a similar one but with anothe theme...

Top 3 drinks of all time:

3. Tea
2. Coffee
1. Water
The fuck? This scream water fanboyisms all over the place . Water is fucking overrated , better check your priorities boi

Adroitone

Nov 12, 2017
Wait, hold up! They took the Mario Galaxy series out because they felt like there was to much Mario!! The heck kind of decision making is that!? There is no way in this world a Galaxy game should not make a top 100 list.
Also, personally, Metroid Prime should be in the top 5.