• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Is this a good list?

• Definitely

Votes: 298 48.8%
  • Nah it's missing something

Votes: 205 33.6%
  • -Hold my beer, i can do better

Votes: 40 6.5%
  • It's a bad year for games fight me i dare you

Votes: 68 11.1%

• Total voters

Lightjolly

Oct 30, 2019
It's a bog standard list except for inscrpytion, glad that one at least got acknowledged

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
No Psychonauts 2 means the list is irrelevant. :|

at least they didn't nominate Twelve Minutes, I guess?

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
no Psychonauts 2 therefore I don't care
doesn't seem to be in their other categories either lol

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
If people on ERA thought they had enough of FF14 fans singing it's praises, just you wait until more people start finishing Endwalker.

Garrison

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't know Hitman 3 was that strong. That game went under the radar for me or I was living under a rock I guess.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Come on, no Psychonauts 2 is ridiculous. It's the highest reviewed game of the year not called Forza Horizon.

Mugman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Here I was thinking Death's Door would be the game I most disagreed with seeing on a bunch of GOTY lists this year, but no, it's for sure Ratchet. Happy for the people that enjoyed it, really wish I did too, but it was just a huge bummer to me all around.

Chicory is being robbed in all of these lists and it's a shame

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
26exkkyioba31.jpg

no psychonauts 2

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Forza Horizon 5 is this year's Ori and the Will of the Wisps. I see it on a list, I like it.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Come on, no Psychonauts 2 is ridiculous. It's the highest reviewed game of the year not called Forza Horizon.

We have to stop using this argument. Otherwise, what is the point in having the system at all, we might as well just give it to the highest reviewed game and call it a day. Especially if it is from one singular outlet. It is possible for a game to review well and also not vibe with the majority of a site.

Shadout

Oct 27, 2017
Currently playing RE Village. That is the only game on the list I have played. This has been a bad year for new "big" releases for me. So little I am interested in.
Although, I am interested in Returnal and Metroid Dread, some day.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Hitman 3 for me, also got the 1st two games imported into H3 so they all blend into one for me lol.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We have to stop using this argument. Otherwise, what is the point in having the system at all, we might as well just give it to the highest reviewed game and call it a day. Especially if it is from one singular outlet. It is possible for a game to review well and also not vibe with the majority of a site.
Yeah I mean, I'm not talking the whole thing too seriously. I just love Psychonauts 2 lol. IGN can do whatever they want!

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
That list is... fine really. It's a bit obvious, I probably would have replaced a couple of things with Psychonauts 2 and Guilty Gear Strive, but I could see the case for all of these easily.

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
I've only just started it, but already I'm liking Psychonauts 2 more than Ratchet and Clank. Ratchet looks stunning, but the gameplay loop got old and the story was whatever.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Here I was thinking Death's Door would be the game I most disagreed with seeing on a bunch of GOTY lists this year, but no, it's for sure Ratchet. Happy for the people that enjoyed it, really wish I did too, but it was just a huge bummer to me all around.

Chicory is being robbed in all of these lists and it's a shame

Honestly curious, why was it a bummer for you? It wasn't my GOTY but it was extremely well made and a lot of fun.

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
and of course they ignored inscry......

huh.

geeez
i played all of these games esxcept hitman and will play halo, but didsnt finish any of them. will finish village one day (and forza was kinda just to check out the cloud play thing)