• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
To people who have played it, is PUBG really as good as these sites suggest? Seeing it nominated at the Game Awards is surprising to me, but only because it's an unknown quantity to me. Could it realistically be the dark horse and topple the 97 meta games on the list?

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Destiny 2? Wolf 2? I enjoyed Wolf 2, I'm just not sure if it's a real stand out in this year (of all the years).

Deleted member 419

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised to see Wolf 2 on so many of these nomination lists. It's a divisive game in a year stacked with legitimate masterpieces.

I mean, the three major Bethesda releases this year were Prey, The Evil Within 2, and Wolf 2, right? There are two games on that list I'd spring for before Wolf 2.

Oct 27, 2017
A game with meh gameplay probably shouldn't be a contender for GAME of the year.
In general if say yeah but I'm also really enjoying persona 5 and I wouldn't really call the gameplay that great. Mainly the story and characters is why I'm enjoying it so much and may call it my goty. But the actual dungeon crawling and super short daily life stuff is annoying

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
More like the new Bayonetta 2.

It's a great game most journalists probably never touched.
I mean, i loved Yakuza 0, but I also resigned myself to it never coming up in these lists a long time ago.
Then again, my favorite game of all time was Persona 4 until this year, so I'm probably just used to things I like being shafted.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Glad to see Cuphead getting on a major list. The game is so wonderful, it's good that it isn't being lost in the shuffle.

Overall, good list. Ranking is where I'd have bigger issues.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like I'll only have played 4 of these titles this year :(. At least I have a bigger backlog for next year

SmarmySmurf

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Super Mario Odyssey

Removed the filler.

30967.jpg

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Both Sonic Mania and Y0 deserve a spot before D2 and Wolf.

PUBG is only on these lists because of its viral-like popularity. That is NOT a put down. I've put 90 hours into the game and it can be a lot of fun. It will change multiplayer in the near future like WoW, Modern warfare, and LoL before it. It is "tmportant." But the systems behind it - controls, performance, gameplay, graphics, servers - still need A LOT of work.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Solid list. I would drop Destiny and PUBG and add a couple indie games like Steamworld Dig 2 and Night in the Woods.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm surprised to see Wolf 2 on so many of these nomination lists. It's a divisive game in a year stacked with legitimate masterpieces.

I dunno. I feel like it's not surprising at all based on the scores Wolfenstein 2 received. Look at Metacritic. It's one of the best reviewed games this year.

Courage

Oct 25, 2017
NYC

I mean, the three major Bethesda releases this year were Prey, The Evil Within 2, and Wolf 2, right? There are two games on that list I'd spring for before Wolf 2.
yeah, which sucks because I prefer The New Order over all 3 of those.