• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And over 38K votes registered thus far.

P5OgICh.jpg

Did a search and found nothing. Send me to the launch window if old.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Small sample sizes and all that, but I find it funny that Black Ops 5 has 1.8% of the vote, yet we all know it'll be one of the highest selling titles of the year.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Harry Potter is way too low. It's our first HP game in so long. Halo making a comeback on next gen is exciting. Everything else isn't as anticipated for me but I'm looking forward to BLOPS because I think they are the only ones making fun CoDs right now.

And I won't speak about horizon.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
That is interesting considering Black Ops 5 will more than likely sell better than all those games by a bit.

Then again, I doubt most the people who play those yearly big titles are the type to frequent gaming websites and such. Speaking from personal experience anyway.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
The disconnect between the internet and Call of Duty will always be hilarious to me.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I believe that poll is in reference to this video, which clearly frames their proposed games as predictions.

With that said, I'm surprised that CoD is so far behind considering how well the games sell.

FourSerioux

Nov 1, 2017
Seeing Horizon so far up just continues to remind me of how much I wish I liked that game. The environment, story, and aesthetic were right in line with what I hoped, but I just couldn't get into it.

Hopefully it's sequel, should it be a launch game, will have made some gameplay changes that could get me back into it.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The biggest surprise to me is that IGN expects Horizon 2 to be a launch game. That seems like a bad prediction?

I don't see Harry Potter or Batman launching this year either for that matter.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Huh, can't say any of those games interest me personally. Maybe Harry Potter but probably not. Hopefully it'll be a more interesting list once we actually see some proper next gen games revealed.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
That is interesting considering Black Ops 5 will more than likely sell better than all those games by a bit.

Then again, I doubt the people who play those yearly big titles are the type to frequent gaming websites and such.

Kind of makes you wonder how representative the poll is when Halo, Horizon, and Batman have 2-20x as many votes as Assassin's Creed and CoD, because that's not gonna happen lol

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing Horizon so far up just continues to remind me of how much I wish I liked that game. The environment, story, and aesthetic were right in line with what I hoped, but I just couldn't get into it.

Hopefully it's sequel, should it be a launch game, will have made some gameplay changes that could get me back into it.
Same. For me it just the characters, including aloy herself just weren't appealing or interesting. The opening was the best part of the game. Days Gone should have been the opposite, but I ended up loving those characters, even some side ones.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
It's been quite a while since Arkham Knight came out, I'm definitely ready for a new Batman game.

Not whether I trust a non-Rocksteady developer to make another one...
Origins was OK (even good in some areas like the characgyer designs and story), but had too many bugs and lacked a lot of what made the first two games special IMO (not much creativity to the riddler challenges, badly designed challenges that had gadgets locked behind it, etc).

And I'm not even sure I trust Rocksteady's next game either. I get very nervous whenever a developer decides to do a multiplayer loot style game (even if it's just heavily rumored at this point). Wasn't a fan of Destiny compared to Halo, that Avengers game looks meh, and we all know how Anthem turned out.

Yeah, I really hope there's more variety of weapons personally. It was a shame that so many of them were just tweaks on the same handful of types.

Maybe instead of treating weapons as loot they can go crazy and take inspiration from Ratchet and Clank. Large variety of weapons/gadgets, and instead of rarity and loot have them upgrade as you use them or add to them with looted materials (first game kinda had that, but didn't go far enough IMO).

Last edited:

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
WB, people are hungry for Batman and Harry Potter. Hurry up and give them what they want.

Seeing Batman at first place makes me really happy. Seeing other people as hyped for a game as much as I am gives me enjoyment.

I'm also getting more hyped for Rocksteady's game. I think they might possibly make the Arkham Asylum of GAAS games and create the greatest GAAS game of all time and show other devs how to do it correctly.

Another Batman game has more hype than the first AAA Harry Potter game in 15+ years? eh idk

Also, couldn't get 10 hours in on Horizon. Hope that isn't Sony's biggest thing for PS5's first year

Well it's not surprising considering this Batman game has been anticipated and teased for the last 5 years.

TXULJ

Banned
Apr 12, 2019
Another Batman game has more hype than the first AAA Harry Potter game in 15+ years? eh idk

Also, couldn't get 10 hours in on Horizon. Hope that isn't Sony's biggest thing for PS5's first year

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

Lol same. I'll get a Ps5 but horizon 2 at launch won't be the reason lol