BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
CHICAGO — Illinois Republicans botched four opportunities to stop an avowed Nazi from representing their party in a Chicago-area congressional district. Now they're paying the price.

Arthur Jones, a Holocaust denier who will appear on the November ballot as the GOP candidate against Democratic Rep. Dan Lipinski, has become campaign fodder for Democrats as they seek to defeat Gov. Bruce Rauner. And some Republicans even fear the taint from Jones' extremist views poses a threat to the party up and down the ticket.

"First, it's morally wrong and I think it's really harmful to the party. The guy's a complete nutcase. He's a Nazi," said conservative GOP state Rep. David McSweeney. "This is an absolute political disaster."

Jones, who told POLITICO he's running to counter a "two-party, Jew-party, queer-party system," laughed when he was informed the GOP was unable to put up a candidate against him.

"They didn't put up a third-party candidate?" Jones asked when reached by phone Thursday. "That's great! That's fantastic!

"I snookered them," he said of state Republicans. "I played by the rules, what can I say?"

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/29/arthur-jones-nazi-illinois-republicans-686875

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully a microcosm of the GOP similarly regretting Trump in another year or two. (Not that the damage won't already be done.)

Oct 27, 2017
This is the Conservative base, now. The GOP are terrorists and should be treated accordingly. Can't eat out in public, now? I.DON'T.CARE.DO.U?

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
Fuck the GOP. They will denounce him publicly but agree with everything this Nazi says behind closed doors.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
They had four chances? I thought there was nothing they could do.

Lurkyseas

Banned
Dec 31, 2017
Too fucking late.

You Republicans have already labeled yourselves as racists/nazi supporters in which that kind of reputation will be on your party forever.

Oct 28, 2017
Lol whatever they say. They'll line up, or goose-step if you will, behind him once the general election starts.

Ask Trump.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
240oi9.gif

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
They don't really care that he's a Nazi they care that he's a losing Nazi. Fuck off GOP.

Robdraggoo

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If he wins they'll fall in line right behind him. Just like Trump. The party has no platform, no shame, no real ideology that doesn't revolve around fearing the other.

Reap what you sow GOP

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
The GOP politicians are really upset that a GOP voter managed to get a GOP nomination. They don't want anything to do with the nutjobs that elected them.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
The Republicans have been racists for decades. It just so happens when dog whistles become open support these guys start coming out of the woodwork, huh?

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
Republican Party is apparently fine with people like Arthur Jones as donors but not as candidates.

You gotta own that shit, Republican Party. OWN IT. Don't act like you are 'embarassed' by it when you've been stoking that fire since Obama.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's telling that they care more about how he's affecting the ticket than they care about how he's a fucking Nazi.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
Recall people mentioning in threads not to blame the GOP for not even bothering to fund a candidate claiming it was a waste of resources in a dem locked district. Any idiot could have foreseen this coming down the line.

Last edited:

Beartruck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's worth noting, the last republican in this race won something like half of 1% of the vote, which makes this even sadder.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be more sad when we see how much of the electorate actually votes for that candidate over a Democrat.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I can't actually believe we live in a world where I need to ask this...

But does the Holocaust denying shitheel have any chance whatsoever of winning?

I can't even believe I had to type that.

Oct 30, 2017
Sooooo.....is the regret is that they might lose?

Just exactly what did they do to try to stop him as a candidate, anyway?