• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Monday with tornado warnings, yesterday was batshit thunderstorm. And right now it's gloomy as all hell, and....70mph winds???? WHAT

Viewt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Yeah, I'm in Chicago and that storm last night was pretty intense.

Nothing like back when I lived in South Florida, but definitely notable for the region.

At least the heat wave is finally breaking. We're gonna have nice weather this weekend.

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
yeah it's pretty damn dark here in chicago right now. i guess we needed the rain? I'm hoping a tornado doesnt wipe out the field of dreams game tomorrow

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
I have to go from South Loop to Arlington Heights for work. United Airlines could just let us work from home this week... But no...

OP
OP

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
I'm worried about trashcans flying because tomorrow is garbage day! Winds better die down tonight.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Yeah it's been absolutely wild the last few days. We recently moved, though, so I'm enjoying the trial run for our AC unit, house / garage roof, gutter draining, and overall buffering of the variety of weather.

Conclusion: My gutters kinda suck. Gotta replace them haha

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Busy week. I had to wade barefoot through a couple inches of water to unclog a drain first thing Monday morning at work since the weekend people aren't big on tracking leaks to their source

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
This has just been a weird summer. Can't complain because it hasn't been really hot though.

realweirdo

Alt-Account
Jul 8, 2021
Hopefully this is as bad as it gets for us. Seeing all the torrential rain and wildfires everywhere has me thinking what else Mother Nature has in store for the Midwest.

Cosmic A

Aug 18, 2018
Yesterday was crazy in the city. I had to go to the store and it looked bad but it had not started raining.

I thought I had made it but just as I was looking for parking, it started pouring. I got completely soaked just going half a block going from my car to the house.

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017
Been pretty crappy in milwaukee and SE wisconsin as well.

What's worse is power company can't keep power on each time it's rolled in the last few weeks, 3 weeks so far.

Hopefully this is as bad as it gets for us. Seeing all the torrential rain and wildfires everywhere has me thinking what else Mother Nature has in store for the Midwest.

Tornadoes or monsoons where they normally shouldn't be.

Last edited:

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
I'm in the Milwaukee area and yeah, last night was stormy. I saw 3 big trees down across roads and I lost power around 6:30pm and still haven't gotten it back.

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
We were out of power most of last night into this morning on the north side. I'm out in the field today in Indiana hoping to get my work done before this next line of storms tries to kill me.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in Indiana and it's been weird. 90 yesterday then storms and rain all night. It's raining right now (doesn't seem like it'll stop anytime soon).