• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
I really like this game, I really do, I grew to like it, just like every one else.

Without getting into the same ol' stories of how hard these games are... I am just gonna say, I am frustrated.

I play single player campaign games to finish them, that's my thing, I wouldn't start a campaign, unless I was determent to see it through till the end.

I probably put in over 50 hours into this game, really enjoyed it, grinding the crap out of it for leveling up and buying loot from the Messenger Fountain etc. So many levels I played over and over and over and over again. And out of the 10 bosses I beat, I had to look about 9 of them on Youtube "How to beat X boss in Bloodborne" videos, thankfully there is at least 4 different video's on how to beat a boss on YT.

I am at the last two bosses of this game, and I cannot beat them.
I did watch the videos on how to beat these last two bosses, but... I really cannot get it done...

Martyr Logarius
and Gehrman, the Hunter's Dream world is on fire now....

I decided to take a break from the game and come back to it after a week. Now I feel more frustrated and bored of it, but I just want to finish the damn thing and I cannot. and tired of restarting, treking through the damn Castle, climb ladders, dodge screaming ghost witches and run across snowy rooftops.... every time I have to face Logarius... I hate giving up, but I don't think I have the patience anymore, which is kinda sad, since I am done the game about 98% of the way. I just have to beat these two and watch the credits roll...

Sully

Oct 25, 2017
Matyre is super tough but you probably don't have to beat him for the main story, but the area past him is pretty cool

Lys Skygge

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I don't think Logarius is required to to beat the game. So you can just focus on Gherman.

For Gherman, he's pretty easy to parry. You just gotta figure out the timing and he's a piece of cake.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You're still missing some bosses that can piece the story together but they aren't required.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
Logarius is completely optional, and uh, yeah sorry but he ain't anywhere close to being the toughest/last boss.

I get you on that getting to a wall and walking away, I have done that many times, especially with soulsbourne games, but I always came back and finished it.

Zelenogorsk

Banned
Mar 1, 2018
I went through a similar mood when I couldn't beat the last boss of Sekiro. I kept trying and trying but i ended up giving up, it was just too much for me. The feeling totally sucks but that's life i guess.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Are you aware of the summoning mechanic? If not, Google the summoning mechanic.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
yeah the True Ending path can be a bitch to beat in one go and I think you have to do it solo with no summons. I somehow did it on my first try but it was one of those once in lifetime moments for me. I was bummed I couldnt get the Platinum though, I just really did not like doing the chalice dungeons and I pretty much gave up on the DLC because I had to played them on NG+ and that it got way too hard even with good old Ludwig.

Ailanthium

Oct 27, 2017
Martyr Logarius probably has one of the worst paths to get back to him out of any Soulsborne game so I think many share your frustrations, especially because of how difficult he can be. But he's also skippable and you won't really miss out on anything major for missing him. Gehrman is one tough customer but it takes literally seconds to get back to him so you can get practice in a lot quicker. I'd suggest farming blood vials from the giant pigs (there's two near each other in the final area) when you need to, that might get you a couple levels to help out. And if you have the materials you can also try different weapons, though I generally suggest going with whatever you're most comfortable with for him.

OP
OP
Johnny Cage itS
Oct 25, 2017
I never the Chalice dungeons, I keep hearing they are boring and not necessary to the main story, also I don't have any DLCs of the game.

I beat about 11 bosses already, the spider and all that jazz, you name it.

One of the most magical moments in the game was in the Nightmare Mensis level, the bell witch lady summoned a real life, online "Adversary"(in Red to come and hunt me) ... I was not in a mood to die or for any confrontation, so I started to bail, and run to the beginning of the level ( to the closest lantern) and sure enough the game wont let you use the lantern while there is an active Adversary around to fight you to the death. so this guy catches up to me, he "Makes Contact" and refuses to fight me, we kinda become friends, and run around the level a bit, I wanted him to follow me around and help me beat the enemies, ( I guess that's not possible for an Adversary to do.) So he kinda just waved me good bye and ran off somewhere, two minutes later I get a prompt "X Adversary died"

This was a touching moment in my Bloodborne adventures.. this dude came online to kill me, saw me running away, felt sorry for me, became a friend and self sacrificed himself, so I can carry on with my adventure.

thought that was cool.

QuantumZebra

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I platinumed Bloodborne and don't regret a second of it.

Fantastic game. Top 5 all time for me. All I can say is if you can't beat a boss, take a breather, watch some YT videos of other people doing it, and plan a strategy.

Shakerovic

Apr 26, 2019
Git Gud

but seriously just keep trying and you will do it, if not then summon a friend

i platinumed the game and didn't have much trouble with these two, Orphan of Kos and Laurence on the other hand were the toughest ones for me

Convasse

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA
I platinumed the game and really enjoyed myself, but Defiled Amygdala, Blood-Starved Beast, and Orphan of Kos tested my will to live. Take sometime off if you need OP. After burning 6 hours on Defiled Amygdala during Spring Break 2016, I dropped the game for well over 12 months. When I came back, I switched strats and went all-in.

P.S. The Chalice Dungeons are mostly awful.

OP
OP
Johnny Cage itS
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I can Co-op guys, I never had to so far in the game, I tried it once early on, I was having a bit of difficulty with the Blood Starved Beast, no one showed up (online) but I did get the in game NPC guy at the time to come and help me, but looks like there is no in game NPC help for the Logarius fight.

And to be perfectly honest, I tried to fight Gehrman only twice. I feel like he should be saved for last, for obvious story narration reasons... And I honestly killed every single enemy in this game that I encountered, from every boss to every little minion to even the annoying ass Insight leaches to even more annoying, Frenzy inducing Brain dolls on the bridge in Nightmare Mensis.

So not killing Logarius would feel like a cop out... (to be fair, I also left about 2 Mosquito bug things alive in the Forsaken Castle level, those fuckers are not easy to put up with.)

Deleted member 7948

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I also had some trouble with Logarius (and I couldn't summon because I don't pay for PS+). What helped me was backstabbing him at the half of the fight, while it doesn't do damage, it makes him vulnerable to parries during the second part of the fight.

OP
OP
Johnny Cage itS
Oct 25, 2017
Did you ever make your way up to Upper Cathedral Ward to fight Ebrietas? She's easily the hardest boss in the main game.
I did go to Upper Cathedral Ward and beat every enemy there (blue eyed wolves and brain suckers) until I found the burnt body/statue of the "Make Contact" gesture, that you pick up, I never encountered a boss there, Ebrietas, (she looks scary AF) maybe I didn't explore UCW enough? I know I always wanted to go behind the big metal gates as soon as you start the level, as soon as you kill the lone leech creature thing, trying to climb up the wall, you go up the steps and there is a closed in area... maybe I need to find a way to make it there?

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
For every single boss the answer is usually: Be patient, watch how they move and don't attack recklessly. Attack after the moves with bigger recovery. And hunter bosses are very easy to parry, it almost feels like cheating. I've faced Gehrman 3 times and he never killed me.

Logarius was more difficult for me, but you can still easily parry his second phase attacks when he gets aggressive.

If you made it this far, you are good enough to beat it. Good luck.

Are those two bosses from the DLC? I never encountered them.

^ Yup, DLC

OP
OP
Johnny Cage itS
Oct 25, 2017
I may need one of you guys to help me with Logarius then, is there a way to match make or whatever? I never tried Co-Op, i have all the bells and perks and such, I am also rockin a level 92 character, I think he's at 93 now?!

I frikin rock at this game! .. just... can't beat Logarius!

Also got myself a LEVEL 10!! (Blood chunk!) Saw Cleaver wish I level 10ed the Tonitrus though, that one seems to have better range and just as fast , if not faster than the (folded) Saw Cleaver.

Last edited:

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
Sorry to hear that. Logarious is easy if you can get the gun parry down for him. Gehrman, just summon the gank squad and kill him in 20 seconds.

Hokey

Oct 29, 2017
I never the Chalice dungeons, I keep hearing they are boring and not necessary to the main story, also I don't have any DLCs of the game.

I beat about 11 bosses already, the spider and all that jazz, you name it.

One of the most magical moments in the game was in the Nightmare Mensis level, the bell witch lady summoned a real life, online "Adversary"(in Red to come and hunt me) ... I was not in a mood to die or for any confrontation, so I started to bail, and run to the beginning of the level ( to the closest lantern) and sure enough the game wont let you use the lantern while there is an active Adversary around to fight you to the death. so this guy catches up to me, he "Makes Contact" and refuses to fight me, we kinda become friends, and run around the level a bit, I wanted him to follow me around and help me beat the enemies, ( I guess that's not possible for an Adversary to do.) So he kinda just waved me good bye and ran off somewhere, two minutes later I get a prompt "X Adversary died"

This was a touching moment in my Bloodborne adventures.. this dude came online to kill me, saw me running away, felt sorry for me, became a friend and self sacrificed himself, so I can carry on with my adventure.

thought that was cool.
This is a cool story but based on this behaviour I don't think you're ready to beat the game yet lol. If you haven't attempted each boss 20-50 times you haven't learnt the patterns fully yet, just keep trying you will learn to overcome each of Logarius' attacks with experience (I attempted this boss about 40 times before I ended up killing him almost without getting hit). Hardest boss for me was Laurence in DLC and he's also hidden/optional just like Logarius. I also capped my levelling at 60 because I felt the game might get too easy (I do this for all the Souls games on 1st playthrough).

Bastables

Dec 3, 2017
I can login and set up a pw. Go into the menu and set up a pw for matchmaking like: resetera

Last edited:

robot

Oct 27, 2017
Both of them are weak to parries. Shoot both of them a bunch.

At least that's how I remember beating Gherman most of the time.

Ballpoint Ren

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I feel your pain, Logarius is tough as fucking nails and I wanted to give up on him too. Best adivce for him is to parry and visceral attack him as much as you can, and keep at it until you get the timing down right; go slow and steady if you need to. No shame in summoning in help either.

As for G-Unit, he's just as tough because of his speed. If you're having trouble with him, consider switching it up with a different weapon, but never stop moving.

If you think these guys are tough though, then I got some bad news for when you get to the DLC.

I did go to Upper Cathedral Ward and beat every enemy there (blue eyed wolves and brain suckers) until I found the burnt body/statue of the "Make Contact" gesture, that you pick up, I never encountered a boss there, Ebrietas, (she looks scary AF) maybe I didn't explore UCW enough? I know I always wanted to go behind the big metal gates as soon as you start the level, as soon as you kill the lone leech creature thing, trying to climb up the wall, you go up the steps and there is a closed in area... maybe I need to find a way to make it there?

Dios Mio...Get back there for some fucking DOPE content.

DC5remy

Jan 20, 2018
Denver co
I never did beat the last boss or the dlc bosses. Loved the game to death and have 0 reasons why I just didn't finish it.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
Are those two bosses from the DLC? I never encountered them.
You're playing through Bloodborne but haven't played the DLC? You need to get on that XD, and since you're at the end boss before NG+ it's the perfect time to start the DLC, it's much harder in NG+ and for me I preferred playing through the DLC and completing everything else before Gehrman which finishes off the story/game.
Also, the DLC is arguably the best part of BB, there's a few stuff in the base game that are as good of course but the DLC is just insanely good, has some of the best boss fights in the game with one being my personal favorite in probably any game I've played, there's some cool new weapons/locations & overall it's just brilliant, a must.

As far as difficulty is concerned once I was past the halfway point and had a good feel of the combat there wasn't much that troubled me, still difficult but never hit a wall. It's all about timing and learning the attack patterns of the enemies, knowing when to attack and how much you can attack before having to move away. I usually spent about 5-10 attempts just learning the bosses attack patterns, not really attacking much at first, then trying to get the boss to it's 2-3rd phase, once I was comfortable then it became much easier, still difficult but the feeling was there that I could beat the boss. Nothing better though than finally beating a tough encounter/boss in the game, always feels good.

Dranakin

Oct 27, 2017
Don't worry, I'm two trophies away from platinum and I had to walk away for now. Also at the last boss of the DLC. I'll come back eventually...

Vroadstar

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I think it helps a lot if you rest from playing Bloodborne for a couple of days then go back to it. Sometimes it just gets super frustrating beating bosses that you tend to try way too hard. Helps me beat it that way.

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
Gherman
is literally a megaman boss, study his pattern and parry the easy stuff. I can't think of anything he does that's cheap or unavoidable. Make sure you have maxed out vials and bullets every time you challenge him. Parrying makes the fight a lot easier. A blood gem that heals you for visceral attacks would be good as well.

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not especially good at Souls games (I never learned to parry all that well) but I got through the end of BB easily enough. I do remember grinding a bit before taking on the final boss in earnest tho.

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
Took me about 2 years to beat my first souls game, Demon's Souls. But it was worth it.

Just keep at it, remember why you started, take breaks and imagine how good it will feel when you win.

Villein

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I am on the last boss in Sekiro and just don't like the fight and will probably never finish the game

OP
OP
Johnny Cage itS
Oct 25, 2017
You're playing through Bloodborne but haven't played the DLC? You need to get on that XD, and since you're at the end boss before NG+ it's the perfect time to start the DLC, it's much harder in NG+ and for me I preferred playing through the DLC and completing everything else before Gehrman which finishes off the story/game.
Also, the DLC is arguably the best part of BB, there's a few stuff in the base game that are as good of course but the DLC is just insanely good, has some of the best boss fights in the game with one being my personal favorite in probably any game I've played, there's some cool new weapons/locations & overall it's just brilliant, a must.

As far as difficulty is concerned once I was past the halfway point and had a good feel of the combat there wasn't much that troubled me, still difficult but never hit a wall. It's all about timing and learning the attack patterns of the enemies, knowing when to attack and how much you can attack before having to move away. I usually spent about 5-10 attempts just learning the bosses attack patterns, not really attacking much at first, then trying to get the boss to it's 2-3rd phase, once I was comfortable then it became much easier, still difficult but the feeling was there that I could beat the boss. Nothing better though than finally beating a tough encounter/boss in the game, always feels good.

Wow! Advice on BB from THE SunhiLegend himself, I feel special.

Thanks man, I appreciate the advice and the encouragement! See I don't feel like I am putting enough observation in this game to learn the bosses. like I mentioned before, most of the bosses, I watched about three, four videos on Youtube per boss, from different gamers on how to tackle them. so with that said, you don't really learn anything yourself, you just do what the advice said in the video, and most of the time, the advice is spot on, you do that and you beat the boss.

This in hindsight made me learn less about the nature of studying boss fights in the game, learning how to tackle them yourself, with your own, new gained personal knowledge. but yeah, I just need the patience, I just hate restarting the Logarius fights, andd getting back to that darn rooftop.

As far as the DLC goes, I donno, it sounds like lots of fun, I love the style of this game, the lore is pretty cool, and of course the gameplay is second to none. But I got my PS4 just over a year ago, I have about 30 games I bought. (most single player campaign) and I am planing to beat them all within a year. So I donno if I have time for DLCs. Maybe I will put Bloodborne aside, and come back to it in a year? I took a break from it for a few days, while I was taking a break , beat inFamous SS in two days! hence why it's frustrating to feel like you're "stuck" at a game, when you have so many other games you an zip through.