• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
I don't understand what there is to support or not support about gay marriage, it's not your life and no one's forcing you to get married to someone of your own gender

It's a sacrilege to the process of holy matrimony according to most religions. That's what they're fighting for.

I don't agree with that, but it's not so much about gay people being inherently indecent as much as it is about them 'ruining' a sacred ceremony.

Oct 25, 2017
tbt.gif

Are you Muslim or are you Catholic? Pretty sure you gotta pick one or the other here.

I was going to say that you're fine as long as you argue in good faith and can actually back up your views, but now this looks fishy

JLP101

Oct 25, 2017
I think conservative views are acceptable here so long as you are aware the vast vast majority here disagree with you. Civility is the key word here.

SuperRaddy

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Well i think your post said it all "You're open about other peoples opinions", and i think that is what matters both people riding both sides of the fence, left, right or in the middle. I also have views that people may not consider typical, but it doesn't mean i am not open to conversation or dialog or having my opinion changed about topics. I think its all about people having open minds and having decent conversation and dialog without being closed to change. Its ok to agree to disagree without hatred :)

rucury

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Puerto Rico
I would not mind all sorts of different view points and opinions in the forum; makes for interesting and discussions and one can learn from those.

However, being against gay marriage is just a bullshit "opinion" to have. I think it's pathetic to hide behind "my religion forces me to deny other human beings their rights!" Like, c'mon my friend. I wish you could understand why that is such an ignorant and hateful point of view.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
As a gay person, I think your social views are abhorrent. Unacceptable, really. But if you're chill about it then...no it's still unacceptable. Seriously, it's not difficult to treat your fellow human beings with empathy and compassion. God doesn't give a shit about your sexual orientation.

Fudgepuppy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If a marriage is a non-religious one, why do you care?

Of course you're welcome here, it's just that your views come off as "fuck you, got mine", so most people might be aggravated and antagonistic when confronted with your views.

Just don't be an asshole, and it's all fine.

Rowlf

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Are you Muslim or are you Catholic? Pretty sure you gotta pick one or the other here.

This is the stance of the Catholic Church! I have nothing against any gay person personally. I am simply a devout Catholic and this is the stance I take.
Okay, I'm closing this thread and giving you a short time out. As I stated above, conservative values are fine to be discussed. But when you start off being this disingenuous, you lose the benefit of the doubt. Muslim. Catholic. Conservative. Liberal. I don't care. If you can post here without trolling you can try again in a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.