• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rob2K19

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't drive yourself crazy. There are so many girls out there in the world. You don't have to stay with the spider loving one.

Talk talk talk...

Just talk with her that this is not helpful with the phobia you have - more like damaging.
Ask her to throw the out of window. Catch them into glass and slip paper and set them free (to their death mind you, home spiders don't know the "outside" and will die fairly...quickly)

I am the catch a spider and set it free type. If I'm sleepy or don't want to move out I sometimes "spider-meet-paper" it.

Tiopes

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Talk to her. It's not hard.

If it's something that bothers you too much, maybe you can try searching for treatments for your phobia.

ManatuBear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
But they are so cute!
original-9634-1406834323-10.jpg

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The goddamn spider is shadowing me. I went to take a picture and it ran under the bed. It's over for me.
You're going about this all the wrong way.

Ignore them. Pretend they're not there. Know for a fact (because 99.9999% of the time it's true) that if you ignore them they'll just wander off to a corner/crawlspace of the house and you'll never see them again.

Indulge in that knowledge and you'll be fine.

If you want to take a big step, try glassing one and using a bit of paper/card to remove it from the house. Taking them outside goes a long way in helping you get over the fear, even if it doesn't make a difference to how many are in the house.

Tiptoeing around them will just make everything worse.

Lari

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Being afraid of spiders isn't phobia. it's common sense.
Ask her if she can get rid (not necessarily kill, but maybe dump outside the window) the ones that get too close to you.

ann3nova.

Oct 27, 2017
Spiders don't bother me as long as I can see them. If they're on my back or shoulder or somewhere where I can't see them, I freak out.

I have the same issue with bugs in general (bees, wasps, etc.). ^_^

Rangerx

Oct 25, 2017
Dangleberry
I think the onus is on the person with the phobia to try and change their behaviour rather than the person with the normal reaction. Face your fear and you'll overcome it eventually. Phobias are irrational fears after all.

OP
OP

Deleted member 9207

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I survived the night. I really badly wanted to grab that spider and hold it in my hand and maybe take it outside but my nerves got the best of me. I'll do it next time.

I said the gf part because she believes I should get over my phobia since spiders are very useful. I'm trying.
What do you think about crabs OP?
Crabs are awesome. Don't like eating them though. They're a bit too weak to have as a pet. One wrong step and it's massive damage for them.