• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guaraná

Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
(first of all: sorry for my poor english)

So, Is there a mod for Cindy, the FFXV mechanic where she can use a proper mechani clothes?

Because every time this character appears I don't know how to explain to my girlfriend the reason she is wearing those clothes.

I'm not puritanist and I trully believe that sexuality is a natural thing etc etc etc

But THAT character is ridiculous. There's just no reason at all for this kind of stuff in 2018. There's no reason at all for her to wear those clothes.

Anyway, is there a mod to add some proper mechanic clothes to her, so I can play my videogame without the guilty of doing something that helps the the world to keep viewing woman as some sexual object that exists only to give men pleasure?

Last edited:

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Really loved this fan redesign. Sexy, practical, yay:
DXGH2sO.jpg

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
She's like one character and her outfit isn't THAT bad.

I doubt your gf cares tbh.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Cidney ain't that bad at all. Sexualized, yes, but she's not on screen a lot. My wife and I just laughed it off.

You want real embarrassment? Try playing Xenoblade 2 in front of someone else. You'll start sweating every time you open a rare blade and someone else is in the room

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I mean one of the main 4 guys doesn't have a shirt on, so maybe some girls have to explain that to boyfriends.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
surely your girlfriend isnt from the 1800s and can understand if you just explained? I dont get it, there is sexualized men, women in a lot of forms of media.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
I thought it would be about not being able to handle the comparison with Gladiolus 6 pack.

Vesper

Oct 28, 2017
Not gonna lie OP, that's a pretty dumb reason to be ashamed of yourself for. It's not like she's on the screen 24/7 or something.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
If she can understand why a boy band can fight monsters with magic weaponry I think she can deal with a mechanic in hot pants and a bikini top.

Take5GiantSteps

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
That fan redesign is really good. I wonder if there will be mods for PC? I finally played my PS4 copy in February and enjoyed myself. I get it though, OP. That said, I'm playing Bayonetta now....lol.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
While I will agree with you her design is wack, it doesn't seem like your gf cares. The game just came out on pc so, give a little before folks start making outfit mods
also iirc... she's not in the game that much

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah it's annoying alright but she doesn't feature a huge amount outside of the beginning of the game. Still not as bad as MGSV or Xenoblade 2.

Oct 27, 2017
I mean I would get it if it were Quiet with that zoom on tits and ss camera but the outfit of Cindy isn't as bad, some women wear something similar in the streets.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That reminds me playing Bayo next to my GF last week.

''Isn't she pushing it a bit too much with the sex appeal and these pole dancer moves?''
''Yes, she absolutely is!''
''Ok. *laugh*''

JoDa

Jan 12, 2018
Sure also let's change gladio's jeans so they aren't as tight and his butt is less noticeable.... Bruh calm down, sexualization goes both ways and it's treated very naturally in the game, it's not like the cast disrespects her for dressing that way either.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Luckily my girlfriend realizes that media in general is pretty dumb and the depiction of women is often less than ideal. She also knows that enjoying media where "problematic" content appears occasionally doesn't make you some swine.

That said, shame is a pretty normal response to playing FFXV.

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
I'd assume she wouldn't care that much, but only you would know really. I'd just laugh at it and tell her that I myself hate the design, but you can't do much about it.

You'd hardly drop a game cause of one bad design.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This seems like a bit of an overreaction, her outfit isn't really that bad so to be ashamed to play it in front of your girlfriend is a bit much.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Have you ever played a Jrpg before?

There was much worse in the last year alone

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a stupid design, but ashamed of playing in front of your girlfriend? Don't know how to explain? I'm sorry, but just lol. How do some of y'all function in life man?

Kylo Rey

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
(first of all: sorry for my poor english)

So, Is there a mod for Cid Sophiar, the FFXV Master Mechanic where she can use a proper mechani clothes?

Because every time this character appears I don't know how to explain to my girlfriend the reason she is wearing those clothes.

Japanese fantasy

JoeInky

Oct 25, 2017
If she doesn't care, why do you need to explain it to her exactly?

I mean if you didn't design the character why is it your responsibility to explain it? I don't get the train of thought here.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She's not in the game that much. Get past the first hour or so without your girlfriend around if it's bothering you.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
In a similar vein, I get embarrassed when I play Kingdom Hearts. Some super cheesy dialogue in those games combined with a group in dark robes and 80s glam hairdos.
kN0bkH.gif

Cindy's got a great personality and generally great character, marred by an eternal pinup attire that makes little sense.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe if you play the game more and discover the secrets of Cindy you will feel ashamed of your words and deeds

Kunka Kid

Oct 27, 2017
Beyond the intro she's not really in the game very much OP.

I agree with your critique of her outfit, but you'll forget about her soon.

Apath

Oct 25, 2017
If she is an adult, it sounds pretty simple. Why would you need to explain more than once? "Developers went too far with the sex appeal." Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.