• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LordDraven

Banned
Jan 23, 2019
1. when you detect a BT it goes in to that slow animatic and you can't skip it. For crying out loud, let me skip it! I've seen it enough
2. When you go to shower it takes about 4 SKIPS if you dont want to watch the entire sequence!!! stop!!!!!!! just let me skip all of the sequences with one click!
3. Having to use START and then another button click to skip things.... seriously... just let me click a normal button

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
1. when you detect a BT it goes in to that slow animatic and you can't skip it. For crying out loud, let me skip it! I've seen it enough
2. When you go to shower it takes about 4 SKIPS if you dont want to watch the entire sequence!!! stop!!!!!!! just let me skip all of the sequences with one click!
3. Having to use START and then another button click to skip things.... seriously... just let me click a normal button

This exactly. I finished the game but really hope for everyone still playing this gets patched.

I was listening to the EZA podcast and they were talking about the animations in Luigi's Mansion 3 being so good and never getting in the way of the 'flow'. Made me think about how annoying the BT scanner animation is.

Citizen Rizer

Oct 27, 2017
Indeed. And when you're driving a vehicle into a BT area it forces you to stop for a few seconds, then a few seconds later you get to watch the odradek start-up scene for the millionth time.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
I hate how you can't place stuff into locker or recycle from the cargo loadout menu itself without confirming and exiting it first. You can place it on the floor but not on the conveyor belt?

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Seriously fuck whoever made that BT cutscene and fuck whoever made it unskippable.

It's totally immersion breaking and over dramatic.
It's like the game is yelling "SPOOOKY TIME" at my face every single time.

If you're still playing DS, try this, walk out of the BT zone after the cutscene, then come back, the odradek will activate the same way but without the cutscene. It's a completely seemless transistion.

Imagine how great the BT encounter would've been If the transistion was this smooth.

Indeed. And when you're driving a vehicle into a BT area it forces you to stop for a few seconds, then a few seconds later you get to watch the odradek start-up scene for the millionth time.

Fucking garbage design, as if stopping the player once isn't enough they have to force us into this shitty cutscene for the 500th time afterwards.

I roll my eyes EVERYTIME I encounter BT.

Last edited:

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The BT slowmo animation is the most egregious. Irked me every single time. One slowmo for light rain, one slowmo for heavy rain and one slowmo for BT's in the area. Kojima trolling us with this immersion breaking bs.

Oct 25, 2017
I have never skipped so many things in my life.

Also peeing and pooing have 2 different rewards.

Let me just poo and get both grenades.

GreenEarth

alt account
Banned
Oct 24, 2019
The BT thing is probably to hide the game loading in the BT entities.

You'll notice that if you enter a BT area, leave it, then enter it again soon after leaving it, it skips the slow-mo sequence and pulls out the odradek immediately.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
LMAO, yea, skipping the shower scene is hilarious. Constant Reedus man ass.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
If you let the shower sequence run for a few seconds, it only takes a single press to skip the scene.

As for the Start button, it works as a pause menu before skipping or going back to said scene. I think it works correctly, you certainly want a pause option in this kind of experience. A secondary option just seems redundant, in my opinion, but it shouldn't be hard to implement, if enough people care about it.

PS: I like the BT transition, 4-5 seconds of mental adaptation for what's coming. Again, if people voice out their opinion through due channels (KP Twitter, for example), there could be an easy alternative in the future.

panda-zebra

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
So many little annoyances, it's a war of attrition playing this game on many levels. Hopefully people mod the living shit out of it on PC for the sanity of those that play it there.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018

Minor annoyances, but annoyances. I think we all have those same three. To add:

4. When you pull your vehicle close as fuck to a terminal and it still doesn't recognize your cargo. So you have to get back in the vehicle and pull it within an ass hair's radius for the shit to show up. MAKE THE PROXIMITY BIGGER!

Sasaud

Oct 28, 2017
I guess it all depends on ur play style, i used the rest room around 10 times for the whole game and i took a shower for half of it, i always made sure to be as far as i can from the Bt areas so i only engaged with them for a couple of times when necessary.
Anyways what i got from all the complaints that it all depends on how u play.

Dascu

Oct 28, 2017
If you let the shower sequence run for a few seconds, it only takes a single press to skip the scene.

As for the Start button, it works as a pause menu before skipping or going back to said scene. I think it works correctly, you certainly want a pause option in this kind of experience. A secondary option just seems redundant, in my opinion, but it shouldn't be hard to implement, if enough people care about it.

PS: I like the BT transition, 4-5 seconds of mental adaptation for what's coming. Again, if people voice out their opinion through due channels (KP Twitter, for example), there could be an easy alternative in the future.
It's frustrating when the BT areas overlap exactly with a road though. Like, it's pointless, you'll just drive around/over it on your bike or truck anyway.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
These things sound really annoying, I hope they patch this stuff.

Edit: yeah, these should be easy fixes with mods in the PC version.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Death Stranding is filled with so many annoying shitty designs I'm surprised this isn't Kojima's first AAA game.

Decades of experience and he still can't get the little things right.

Sometimes I wonder if they even play tested this game...or maybe everyone is just scared of offering their feedback to Kojima.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
I stopped showering and using the bathroom by the time I finished Chapter 3

oh no please dont misinterpret my post

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
One time the spooky BT cutscene activated while I was surfing cargo down on daisy-chained hover carriers and I crashed in the cutscene and was really sad about it

I also stopped consoling the baby after the second time I did it and always just let it cry until it wore itself out, or got auto-exczema or whatever it's called. I still don't know what the baby mechanic even does, I can see ghosts fine without it cause the game tells me to hold my breath

Wish I could put the baby in the hold forever. Stupid BB

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I agree with everything except last point, have you ever counted how many times you skip a cutscene by accidently pressing a button? Or may be how many times you need to pause the game while being in a long ass cutscene that you will skip if you press the button? I hate when games have a single button skip

I actually love that I get to pause the cutscenes.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
1- is basically a load screen, it's unavoidable I think
2 and 3 are kinda the same, skipping shit sucks in DS
4- vehicle control is some horse shit jank

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
I agree with everything except last point, have you ever counted how many times you skip a cutscene by accidently pressing a button? Or may be how many times you need to pause the game while being in a long ass cutscene that you will skip if you press the button? I hate when games have a single button skip

They should do it like Bayonetta, where I think you hold the shoulder button down and press B or something for instant skip

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
It's frustrating when the BT areas overlap exactly with a road though. Like, it's pointless, you'll just drive around/over it on your bike or truck anyway.
There's room for improvement, I agree. The game's going to be worked or changed in different ways until next Christmas, I'd assume. It'll be interesting to see how they tackle some of these questions.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I really enjoyed DS, but yes. I agree with all 3, especially the first one. I can only assume it's used to mask loading-in the BT 'arena'?

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, being able to pause the cutscenes is a must, especially in a game with really long ones like this. They could still have a button to skip them though.

Onikage

Feb 21, 2018

I LOVE the game, but i completely agree lol

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The BT detection animation only annoyed me when driving on highway, with two specific points where you can't avoid it.

Plum

May 31, 2018

It's great to be able to pause in cutscenes but there's really no reason to pause for the vast majority of the cutscenes in the game and there's no reason there shouldn't be the option to just skip a cutscene with a single button press.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
There's room for improvement, I agree. The game's going to be worked or changed in different ways until next Christmas, I'd assume. It'll be interesting to see how they tackle some of these questions.

I'd rather they focus on their next project.
This game is done, it's a interesting little experiment with cool ideas excuted poorly.
We should move on to something greater.

Status
Not open for further replies.