• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
"This is perfect on the Switch"

First of all, by all means, this is not to put people who owns or the Switch or Switch itself in a negative light. I own one myself. I'm just wondering why there are tons of people saying these same exact words on every game once they are announced on the Switch. I don't think I've heard it being said on any other console, handheld or PC for that matter at least this generation. The closest I saw was getting something on the PC version instead or more accurately they're specifically saying it cause the release on PC is getting delayed in while the console versions get released first.

I'm just kinda annoyed by the fact the first pages of a multiplatform announcement thread is full of the quoted words. At first I was doing it as well to celebrate the Switch when it was new but it's gotten to the point that it's all I ever see months later.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's everywhere. It's either "switch version?" Or "this would be perfect on switch" or "in for switch version!!!"

CeroMiedo

Oct 26, 2017
People say what they want,who are you to judge them?What do you get from complaining about these kind of things anyway?

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
Outside of mobile phones, it's the only living/viable portable platform. I totally get it - some (not all) games are better on the go. I'd say anything that rewards short play sessions or has a playground-y feel to it works nicely on portables. Some franchises also have a history of being sometimes on home consoles and sometimes on portables (Monster Hunter, Valkyria Chronicles) and so it makes sense that some of their built-in fanbase has a strong preference for one or the other.

[disclaimer: I don't own a Switch and certainly don't have firsthand experience with using it primarily as a portable]

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
I just assume people are happy to support the Switch and want to show it. Don't see anything wrong with it.

Oct 27, 2017
I think the portability aspect is what is making people get the Switch versions of multiplatform titles either in addition to, or over the other versions. Being able to take actual console/PC games with them wherever they go is a pretty big deal for a lot of gamers, and any graphical trade-offs done to make it possible are worth it so long as the port is good of course.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think I've heard it being said on any other console, handheld or PC for that matter at least this generation.

Just look at today's valkyria chronicles thread and you'll see people declaring for every platform (and especially lamenting the lack of a PC announcement.)

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think the complaint is people getting it on Switch, I think it's people needing to tell people they're getting it on Switch rather than talking about the game.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Wish I could read this on the Switch.

I guess people just really want everything to be playable on a portable console. I get it for RPG's or longer games.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I've heard it being said on any other console, handheld or PC for that matter at least this generation.
Yeah, I'm going to call bullshit on that. If you don't think you've heard that you must be intentionally ignoring them. Literally in the first page of the Valkyria Chronicles thread, which I'm assuming this is in response to

Haha that's a big fuck you to PC gamers.

Wow, that early? I might get it on PS4 then.

I was just having a conversation about this earlier today. The VC4 thread is filled with excited posters, but the only system that keeps on getting name dropped is Switch.

Again, nonsense. What's actually happening is that these messages are posted all the time for all consoles, and you normally skim over them without a thought, but you guys are annoyed in particular by Switch owners saying it

PepperedHam

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
I mean, I dunno, I think Valkyria Chronicles 4 is perfect for the Switch.

That aside I think for a lot of people it's just an exciting piece of hardware that stays that way even after the honeymoon period. I'm not typically a handheld gamer but being able to just slide that sucker out and keep the progress going all over the nation is such an attractive thing. If there's a good Switch version of a game that perk is going to continue to excite people, always.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
I was just having a conversation about this earlier today. The VC4 thread is filled with excited posters, but the only system that keeps on getting name dropped is Switch.

Edit: As somebody above mentioned, apparently was similar for Vita? "No Vita no sale" was a common phrase

Oct 27, 2017
Games with a lot of grinding/turn based combat + my limited free time + regular travel + wanting to play in bed without having to get a second tv/keep the better half up with giant light source in the middle of the night = Switch is a preferred platform for me

Dunban

Oct 28, 2017
It's fun to observe. There's always a countersurge of 'in for PS4!' and 'this is perfect on all platforms' too.

The great thing about the Switch isn't buying games for it, it's showing everyone online that I did.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Portability aspect or people who only own Nintendo systems enjoying a lot more third party support.

It means deserved indie games get more sales so it's all good.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
It's the same when PC starts getting Japanese games on same day. Some people are just happy that platforms that usually don't get these games start getting it.

Deleted member 2945

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure it's first time a preference for system has been voiced.

Magnitudes less harmful than "I'll wait for steam sales"

BRSxIgnition

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
"This is perfect on the Switch"...

I'm just kinda annoyed by the fact the first pages of a multiplatform announcement thread is full of the quoted words. At first I was doing it as well to celebrate the Switch when it was new but it's gotten to the point that it's all I ever see months later.

It's a new platform that offers an interesting trade-off between power & portability that doesn't take place if the person is deciding between PS4 and XBO versions.

It's that simple.

Last edited:

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
Just to reassure devs that the Switch isn't going the way of the Wii U.

But you know people say it all the time for PC games too, like - I'd rather get it for the PC.

Abriael

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Milano - Italy
"This is perfect on the Switch"

First of all, by all means, this is not to put people who owns or the Switch or Switch itself in a negative light. I own one myself. I'm just wondering why there are tons of people saying these same exact words on every game once they are announced on the Switch. I don't think I've heard it being said on any other console, handheld or PC for that matter at least this generation. The closest I saw was getting something on the PC version instead or more accurately they're specifically saying it cause the release on PC is getting delayed in while the console versions get released first.

I'm guessing that, especially on here, there is a lot of eagerness to validate their purchase and to somehow give the idea that the Switch is getting an overwhelming amount of third-party support.

Also, Switch owners are the new generation of port beggars :P

Personally, I'm the opposite. I'm getting for Switch only the games that I can't get for other consoles. If I can play the best version of a game comfortably on my couch, I'm much happier, so now it's:

XBox One X -> PS4 Pro -> Switch. With PC as possible preference depending on modding, port quality and such.

SuperBlank

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
There is only one game truly perfect for the Switch.

That game is Animal Crossing.

Askherserenity

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
There were multiple people saying they were getting it on the Xbox or PS4 too?

People like saying what console they're getting their multi-platform games on.

Also, a lot of people probably just got a Switch recently and are excited it's getting games.

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
It's a newly released and successful console, so we'll be seeing it quite a bit. Though, that same line is absolutely used with regularity for other platforms - there might be a bit of confirmation bias going on if you hadn't seen them at all.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hybrid systems are serious business. I love portable gaming, but sometimes I think, "Man, I wish I could play my Megami Tensei in a TV and relax a bit, even it's blurry as hell".

I dont' have Switch tho ;_;

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
People like the console, and enjoy playing games on it. It really isn't a much deeper mystery than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.