• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
There are so many kinds of people, with so many different stories, who without this community would have nowhere else to go. I have learned things and connected with people I'd never have known were it not for this community. I have made friends I can barely remember what it was like to not know. I have grown a lot with the people here. I am who I am, in part, because of all of you. I would take the worst days here over the best days anywhere else because, no matter what, I believe we will always try to be better.

We must continue to work together to create a community that serves the ideals we were founded on. This is a group effort. We all have to live up to our own expectations and believe that we, together, are what make this experience meaningful. This is a challenge we should always rise to. This is a journey that should never end. There is no place else like us, and nowhere else that tries, but we are here and we try and that counts.

We must love each other. We are all we have.

All my love to you all.

FullMetalTech

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, New York
There are so many kinds of people, with so many different stories, who without this community would have nowhere else to go. I have learned things and connected with people I'd never have known were it not for this community. I have made friends I can barely remember what it was like to not know. I have grown a lot with the people here. I am who I am, in part, because of all of you. I would take the worst days here over the best days anywhere else because, no matter what, I believe we will always try to be better.

We must continue to work together to create a community that serves the ideals we were founded on. This is a group effort. We all have to live up to our own expectations and believe that we, together, are what make this experience meaningful. This is a challenge we should always rise to. This is a journey that should never end. There is no place else like us, and nowhere else that tries, but we are here and we try and that counts.

We must love each other. We are all we have.

All my love to you all.
I want to say thanks to the staff and community for putting in the work. Be it helping one another or keeping us informed in what we all love here.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017

I mean I GUESS I like y'all. (Not the Sombra mains tho.)

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I don't post a whole lot but I browse a lot. I probably spend like 90% of my internet time on this site. Can't really stand anything else for an extended period of time.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
source.gif

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Love you dude/dudette, you are appreciated!

I was going to type up a long thing because I figured my 7000th post was coming up but I guess I already passed it by a bunch of posts.

Oct 25, 2017
You crazy peeps make me laugh every day. Most recently the guy who is about to squat and adverse possess a house that's clearly being cared for

So yeah, glad to be a part of this thing

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
I felt this way too today. Had a great time with you guys this e3. It's my first time with this community and it was great.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
I'm glad it's nothing like NeoNaziGAF, but I also feel like the general tenor of the forum can be dour, needlessly combatitive, and just generally angry as hell a lot of the time.

But I spend 98% of my time in OT.

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
I'm glad that this forum is not shaped by one person viewpoint, progressive community will continue to make thia place better.

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
This isn't a progressive forum. It's full of neoliberals and conservatives in centrist clothing or just centrists always trying to shit up threads every opportunity they get. If anything, it'd be considered liberal.

Allietraa

Prophet of Truth
Mar 13, 2019
This place is quite nice. It's got it's rough patches of course but for the size of the community and being gaming-oriented its sooooo much nicer than any other similar sized community I've been a part of. And coming from a different gaming forum where moderation was a complete joke into this place is like a huge breath of fresh air.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
This isn't a progressive forum. It's full of neoliberals and conservatives in centrist clothing or just centrists always trying to shit up threads every opportunity they get. If anything, it'd be considered liberal.
Eh, it's still a shining beacon compared to the vast majority of geek/nerd-related forums.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm also glad that this forum exists as well. I am very happy to have played a role in migrating people away from GAF over to ERA and am very happy that ERA has flourished and grown.

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
My old guild forums got Red Pilled/MRA'd hard back in the day and you can imagine the cesspit it devolved into. I felt the wave of crap and there was no saving it, so I bailed on that place for the old site and then here. It's the only place where I don't have to worry about alt-right crap running rampant. I'm a bit rough around the edges from seeing some shit in my life, but I really appreciate this place.

Deleted member 2779

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Me too, but it could be better. The bar isn't very high to begin with when it comes to forums and social media.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Same. This place may have its problems as well, but at least we can more or less trust moderation to keep us from becoming another festering alt-right shithole.

It's a much better place than NeoGAF (especially with their politics discussion forum).

I'm glad it's nothing like NeoNaziGAF, but I also feel like the general tenor of the forum can be dour, needlessly combatitive, and just generally angry as hell a lot of the time.

But I spend 98% of my time in OT.

LMFAO, that's even better.

Last edited:

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Might not be the most popular opinion but lurking GAF back in the day and then joining in, made me realize how fucking awful gaming as a hobby can be with racism, sexism, homophobia and other social problems, along with showing me how fucked up and horrible the world is.

Like I said, might not be a happy opinion or whatever, but I feel like my vision of the world improved after I started hating most videogames these days and realizing how horrible people can be around the world.

So thanks for that, and no, I'm not being sarcastic. I have got a lot of education and information on stuff I didn't know before, like LGBT issues and racism that I wouldn't have learned just anywhere else.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Can't agree more, this community is a bastion in the chaos of the Internet.

Still can't believe the migration we did, still feels unreal how this community was bigger than a single URL.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Other than cat threads that don't have pics of cats in the OP - I like it here too. Glad to lurk and read, read and lurk. Hugs to everyone.

pirata

Oct 25, 2017
It's the only place on the internet I feel safe talking about being gay.

Reset may have its problems, but it's an island in a sea of Nazi diarrhea.

A thread by an OP saying Era made him feel depressed got closed immediately for "Metacommentary", but a thread saying how great it is here gets left open?

That doesn't make any sense. Are we only allowed to smile here, even if it's a mask? That's a recipe for disaster.

I never saw that before. The inconsistency is a little weird, but I can see how this thread could potentially move into a direction that's an actual discussion (people are already talking about why conditions are better here than in a lot of the internet: it has a lot to do with moderation being diligent and accounts not being disposable).

What we really need to figure out in this thread is how the ultra-right has been able to so quickly take over large swaths of internet. And if its possible to copy some of Reset's strategies in order to fight back.

A big problem is that corporate-owned platforms aren't currently willing to ban 30% of their audience for threatening the well-being of the other 70%.