• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
I straight up haven't cut my hair in three and a half years. A large part of it is not knowing what to ask for, and not wanting to make small talk with someone. Haircuts are weirdly intimate. Like, I have a hard time with going into a place and knowing I'm going to have to trust someone to come into my personal space and drastically change the way I look, and we have to have a conversation while it happens.(Yes, I know I sound like a crazy person.)

Rapture

Oct 26, 2017
Actually you should ask for that 7 Kill Streak

a79.jpg

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
Go to a more expensive place, have an actual pro give you ideas to pick from, then take a picture of what it looks like when you're done. After that, you can take the picture to your cheaper place and have them try to recreate it. Not that people here don't have good ideas, but getting an opinion from someone who is able to see you from all angles will be worth a lot more.

Oct 30, 2017
I'm probably going to go with your suggestion. Though won't it look weird having the sides and back different lengths? I've always had them the same. Also when you say "fade it" do you mean like the sides and the back or what? I've never gotten a fade before. If I literally just say "2 on the sides, 1 on the back, half off the top and fade it" is it safe to assume the barber will know what part needs fading?
Just FYI, those aren't inches, they are clipper numbers. A 2 and 1 is going to basically be all your hair gone. Here's some more info:

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
Maybe look up some hair styles and show them to your barber. Also, you're gonna get what you pay for, don't expect anything good from a £7 hair cut unless you're getting 2 all over.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
1 on the back and sides. Cut it short on top (be clear, not a number, short). And make sure you ask for a faded part.

Then you can comb it like this with a hairdryer and hairspray:

9-Pompadour.jpg

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017

Bryo4321

Nov 20, 2017
I do short on sides and back, with long on top where I tie back. Pretty much a clean looking manbun. I only have to get the sides clipped 5/8th every 2 months. Very low maintenance other than that.

Funny enough older women are the ones who give me compliments lol.

Edit: mine,
097a0461079e24cda68d3f30463534a9.jpg
I did this for awhile but I got so fed up with it. If I untied it I was just getting poked in the eye and looked like a mess. I was too lazy to keep it tied up or with product. Props for pulling it off though because it's a cool look! Maybe I'll give it another shot in the future but getting past that awkward growth phase where my bangs are too short to tie back stinks.

Bryo4321

Nov 20, 2017
The ability to stop overthrowing your WRs

But seriously could probably do something like this:

g899Rwu.png

6lfoFK8.png

Apparently this is an actor named Charlie Hunman.

1DSVbng.png

Question is do you have the guts to ask your hair dresser for Arthur Morgan's hairstyle?

Widows peak and hairline might make it a little hard but maybe not, good hair dressers know how to work with anything. BAsically a slick back, maybe zeroe fade on the sides. Just ask for "The fuck boy." I'd say like a zero on the sides fading up to the top, long enough where you can try combing it back with a small amount of product.
Straight slick backed looks like this can be tricky. My whole head has my hair growing in a sort of clockwise swirl. Unless I use a ton of SUPER STRONG product like Murray's, the left side of my hair would sometimes flop to the side instead of staying back. I tried to "train" it for months but eventually I just went for a part because it complimented the direction my hair wanted to grow anyway. A hairstyle that compliments the direction your hair wants to go makes styling so much easier, so it's good to know. Love this look though, wish I could pull it off more easily.

Oct 27, 2017
I do short on sides and back, with long on top where I tie back. Pretty much a clean looking manbun. I only have to get the sides clipped 5/8th every 2 months. Very low maintenance other than that.

Funny enough older women are the ones who give me compliments lol.

Edit: mine,
097a0461079e24cda68d3f30463534a9.jpg
You fucking hipster dork!

I look almost exactly like the dude in this photo lol. My beard is way better though

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
I did this for awhile but I got so fed up with it. If I untied it I was just getting poked in the eye and looked like a mess. I was too lazy to keep it tied up or with product. Props for pulling it off though because it's a cool look! Maybe I'll give it another shot in the future but getting past that awkward growth phase where my bangs are too short to tie back stinks.

Yeah, the worst part is when its slightly too short and it falls out of the band lol. Right into your eye! Eventually you get used to it. I just brush my hair first thing in morning then put up. I love the sides and back being short because I sweat so much in the gym. I started growing my.beard out for the winter and while mine is more thin, it looks awesome with the haircut.

You fucking hipster dork!

I look almost exactly like the dude in this photo lol. My beard is way better though

Oh yeah, pretty much that look lol. Even have the stereotypical thick framed glasses too lol. I never get shamed for it down here in the south, which used to be a thing about decade ago.

viral

Oct 25, 2017
Shaving it is the best no maintenance option. No brushing, no hair drying, no going to the barber, just a 10 minute task every week or so. And you even get to prepare for when you start losing your hair in a few years!

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, the worst part is when its slightly too short and it falls out of the band lol. Right into your eye! Eventually you get used to it. I just brush my hair first thing in morning then put up. I love the sides and back being short because I sweat so much in the gym. I started growing my.beard out for the winter and while mine is more thin, it looks awesome with the haircut.

Oh yeah, pretty much that look lol. Even have the stereotypical thick framed glasses too lol. I never get shamed for it down here in the south, which used to be a thing about decade ago.
I've been growing it out to do the Viking Braid for about a year now, which means growing out the back as well. Unless it's tied up it looks like an outrageous mullet.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
I've been growing it out to do the Viking Braid for about a year now, which means growing out the back as well. Unless it's tied up it looks like an outrageous mullet.

Could do two braids, one for the top hair and second for back hair. Shawn Michaels the wrestler did that look in early 98' and I've always wanted to do it. Thinking of growing just my top out long enough to braid it out.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Could do two braids, one for the top hair and second for back hair. Shawn Michaels the wrestler did that look in early 98' and I've always wanted to do it. Thinking of growing just my top out long enough to braid it out.
It's a long and messy road but even when it's not up, the GF loves it. Plus I feel cool when I go to a show and let it all out to headbang \m/\m/.

I say go for it!

OP
OP
Kingpin Rogers

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alright, so I went to get my haircut this morning. Asked for a 2 with a fade and a bit shorter on top and ended up with this after I washed and used a hairdryer on it.

Tbrhjgp.jpg

Fairly certain they didn't give me a fade for whatever reason but I'm more kinda sad with how much they took off the top, it's so short now :/. Definitely took more than I wanted that's for sure. I guess it'll grow back at least. I'm tempted to just not cut it again for a long time and let it grow long whilst cleaning the sides up myself every once in a while.

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, so I went to get my haircut this morning. Asked for a 2 with a fade and a bit shorter on top and ended up with this after I washed and used a hairdryer on it.

Tbrhjgp.jpg

Fairly certain they didn't give me a fade for whatever reason but I'm more kinda sad with how much they took off the top, it's so short now :/. Definitely took more than I wanted that's for sure. I guess it'll grow back at least. I'm tempted to just not cut it again for a long time and let it grow long whilst cleaning the sides up myself every once in a while.

HOLY SHIT I KNOW YOU OP!
YOU'RE
I kid, I kid..
RIGHT?

Anyway, I think they didn't take enough off the top, so exactly the opposite. Maybe, if you don't like even shorter hair, you should grow it out for once?

Oct 27, 2017
Nottingham, UK

Tbrhjgp.jpg

They always take more than you think off. It'll settle in a few days

I mean you're not going back for 6 months (sounds crazy to me as I'm in every 4-6 weeks). So you wouldn't want them to only take a little off. I'd say with your cut you may as well spend extra to go to a "better" barber tbh