• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I literally never know what to ask for at the barbers and honestly don't even properly understand how haircuts work. For about 6 or so years now I've just said "3 on the sides and shorter on top" and I almost never particularly like how it ends up.
This is my hair atm, right after coming out of a shower and using a hairdryer (censored because I don't like the idea of posting my face on ERA)

7bJerTr.jpg

So if anyone has any suggestions for what to ask for at the barbers it'd be appreciated. A few things to note though.

It's a cheap barber (like ÂŁ7) and is mostly gone to by old men who have lost most of their hair anyway so don't make me ask for anything to fancy which will prompt the barber to ask me for more details that I won't have.

I prefer low management, the most I do for my hair is use a hairdryer after a shower so nothing fancy that takes a lot of work to do in the morning please.

I only get my haircut like every 6 months so ideally it'll be something that works both short and long.

Thanks. I'll post an after picture as well tomorrow. Though even if I do get some suggestions here I might just coward out and ask for what I always ask for.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
A haircut once every 6 months? I don't know how you can stick to a style doing it that rarely. Obviously whatever style you ask for when you get it cut will not be maintainable after a month or so depending on how fast your hair grows.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
The ability to stop overthrowing your WRs

But seriously could probably do something like this:

g899Rwu.png

6lfoFK8.png

Apparently this is an actor named Charlie Hunman.

1DSVbng.png

Question is do you have the guts to ask your hair dresser for Arthur Morgan's hairstyle?

Widows peak and hairline might make it a little hard but maybe not, good hair dressers know how to work with anything. BAsically a slick back, maybe zeroe fade on the sides. Just ask for "The fuck boy." I'd say like a zero on the sides fading up to the top, long enough where you can try combing it back with a small amount of product.

Last edited:

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
I do short on sides and back, with long on top where I tie back. Pretty much a clean looking manbun. I only have to get the sides clipped 5/8th every 2 months. Very low maintenance other than that.

Funny enough older women are the ones who give me compliments lol.

Edit: mine,
097a0461079e24cda68d3f30463534a9.jpg

Last edited:

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
a haircut.

You really should get your hair cut more than twice a year though, and for 7 euros, that seems like a goddamn steal.

OP
OP
Kingpin Rogers

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
lmao

This'll look dreadful in a couple months, dude doesn't want to cut his hair for 6 months at a time.

OP anything but long hair is going to look dumb if you don't get it cut every 1-2 months. Sorry get off your ass and go to the barber more often.

I always tell myself I'm going to go to the barbers more frequently but then before I know it, it's been another 6 months and I have to force myself to go to the barber because my hair keeps blowing in my face and annoying me. Part of me just wants to never get another haircut again and see what happens but I don't think it'd look good nor would I be able to handle the irritation of having so much hair.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
maybe you can go for an undercut, i usually get it cut 0mm (i.e. clean cut) on the sides/back, and let it grow over 3 weeks to a month, then return for the same.

e.g. me from the front:

NEybdkG.png

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
If you're wanting to keep that general look, then just ask them to trim it up shorter and layer the top since that seems to grow quicker than the sides. Also, a good pomade will help control those cowlicks and make the look more appealing.

mensquiffoct7.jpg

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Just tell 'em to ,"Fuck my shit up" lol

If you're wanting to keep that general look, then just ask them to trim it up shorter and layer the top since that seems to grow quicker than the sides. Also, a good pomade will help control those cowlicks and make the look more appealing.

mensquiffoct7.jpg

But for real, listen to this guy, above. It looks fine.

Please don't get the slicked back, douchey, Hitler Youth, white supremacist hair cut. You know what I'm talking about. That shit is so lame.

Deleted member 2761

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Although I understand your desire for privacy, it's really hard to say without knowing your face shape.

Mar 26, 2018
Need the face to know what may look good but in the end its just ones opinion. There is no true right or wrong cut. Go with whatever makes your day feel best.

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just saying "<number> on the side with a little off the top" is perfectly fine, but you just have to increase the frequency of your haircuts. I actually get the same haircut (5 on the side, half inch off top) and get it cut again whenever my hair starts going over my ears on the sides, which is usually like 2 months or so.

If you don't want to increase the frequency of your haircuts, then you should probably ask for a haircut that's specifically for long hair styles. You'd still have the annoyance of hair blowing in your face, but it'll probably grow out better to something you like more. I don't know those hair cuts too well, though. The only thing I can think of when I think of those styles is the Shawn Hunter from Boy Meets World, but I don't know if that's good or not. I also have no idea how you'd ask for that.

Ezra

Nov 14, 2017
Ask for a late 90s Leo DiCaprio haircut. It was when hairstyles reached its peak, we cannot do better.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kingpin Rogers

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
2 on the sides. 1 in the back. Fade it. Half off the top.

I'm probably going to go with your suggestion. Though won't it look weird having the sides and back different lengths? I've always had them the same. Also when you say "fade it" do you mean like the sides and the back or what? I've never gotten a fade before. If I literally just say "2 on the sides, 1 on the back, half off the top and fade it" is it safe to assume the barber will know what part needs fading?

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
I'm probably going to go with your suggestion. Though won't it look weird having the sides and back different lengths? I've always had them the same. Also when you say "fade it" do you mean like the sides and the back or what? I've never gotten a fade before. If I literally just say "2 on the sides, 1 on the back, half off the top and fade it" is it safe to assume the barber will know what part needs fading?

smwdof3G5Ko1olRfmqRenJXGMZo=.gif

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
I always tell myself I'm going to go to the barbers more frequently but then before I know it, it's been another 6 months and I have to force myself to go to the barber because my hair keeps blowing in my face and annoying me. Part of me just wants to never get another haircut again and see what happens but I don't think it'd look good nor would I be able to handle the irritation of having so much hair.

I used to do this too, so I started making my next appointment before I leave the salon. Now I get it done every four weeks like clockwork.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
What I usually say is "2 on the sides and back, 1 on the nape, fade it into a little off the top". This will give you that clean look around the edges while still giving you enough volume on top to do something interesting.