• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
DJ Khaled is the hardest working man in music. From a post I made in another thread:

I challenge you to find any person that is more involved in the music making process than DJ Khaled.

He does vocals, engineering, producing, DJing (local radio shows, nationally syndicated radio shows like his Beats 1 show, and as artist's DJs from his TS days), A&Ring, and label executive (President of Def Jam South for a while).

Even Diddy didn't do all that.

He works at pretty much every level of music from the creative to the executive, from the laying down of the beats themselves to the marketing campaigns.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From what I understand, Khaled is more of a broker than anything. He knows a lot of people in the industry and he basically pays them to contribute hot records to his album. He'll basically give people the opportunity to drop a fire loose track on the world and collaborate with people they wouldn't ordinarily hang with e.g. Nas and Travis Scott, Jay-Z and Future, Chance and Beiber, and so on. I'm sure a lot of these artists who collaborate with him basically use Khaled to get some cash for songs and verses that are stuck in the vault & might never come out, or they just want to be a part of a major pop hit.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Only dude that can have a platinum album and with him just being a feature

Dre3001

Oct 28, 2017
He actually was a legitimate big time DJ in south Florida way back in the day. Similar to how Funkmaster Flex or Dj Clue were huge in NY hip hop radio. He also used to produce tracks for artists.

But in the last 10 years or so he has basically just been a meme. He gets artists together to collaborate on tracks through his music industry connects but doesn't really do anything anymore besides shout his name on the track.

ThaNotoriousSOD

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some of you are answering this question when you should be the ones asking it smh. I get it he's annoying but uhhh you guys really think major artists are gonna be OK with having a random guy yelling his name over their songs?

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Sweatshop producer.

Signs youngblood to his lower labels, grinds the talent out of them. Works out connections with big name features, makes platinum hits and throws his name all over it.

He's this generations Puffy

Syf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
His performance at the OWL finals was one of the more awkward things I've ever seen.

Sobriquet

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wilmington, NC
DJ Khaled is the hardest working man in music. From a post I made in another thread:

He works at pretty much every level of music from the creative to the executive, from the laying down of the beats themselves to the marketing campaigns.
He's not an engineer. He doesn't make beats. He's more similar to what a film producer does, shepherding a project rather than working as a creator.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
He's not an engineer. He doesn't make beats. He's more similar to what a film producer does, shepherding a project rather than working as a creator.
Erm, for what reason are we stripping DJ Khaled of skills and things he's done and continues to do?

Do the Beat Novacane days just not count now? Do we ignore sole or co-production credits (i.e. not just executive production) credits on several of his own albums or others he's done since the beginning of his career (and writing credits; songwriting is probably his strongest skill that isn't A&Ring) or his hands-on tweaking and engineering he does for himself (albeit likely less engineering nowadays because he's got more people for that).

He's not just an executive producer. Never has or will be just that, even when he started putting out solo projects it wasn't just that. Listennnn... has a few solo production credits.

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
Enzo is already on the case but this dude does way more than just yell his name. I know that's the cool or easy go-to joke but he's eating for a reason.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He shouts his name everywhere as a brand, like what Funkmaster Flex and DJ Clue used to do in the 90's. He just was more successful.

Deleted member 9145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
can someone explain this weird fucking trend of taking a picture of your avatar from your computer screen then using that as your avatar?

you fucking weirdos

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
People really seemed to love him for this meme

4a4.gif

I don't really get him, either, though

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Isn't dad bod referring to a dude who kinda works out but maybe a bit pudgy ? Dude looks huge as in overweight in pics but I'm not sure about him or that definition tbh
Yeah. I got a dad bod. This dude is fat.
Also, is he selling shoes or working at a bowling alley in that "you played yourself" gif?

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That last album he dropped was shockingly bad.

Was like a competition to see which rappers he could find who could spit the weakest bars.

Megawarrior

Oct 25, 2017
He's been around for a long time, making tracks with Lil Wayne, Birdman, Fat Joe etc... I think he was apart of Terror Squad or something

Basically a very popular Hip Hop DJ that would always let you know that he produced the track

enjoy this 240p video, especially Rick Ross' verse with all the censoring

whew i remember this. still goes tf OFF.

adrem007

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
For me he is a warning sign to not listen to the track. If I hear him screaming his fucking name one more time I'm gonna hulk out

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
Erm, for what reason are we stripping DJ Khaled of skills and things he's done and continues to do?

Do the Beat Novacane days just not count now? Do we ignore sole or co-production credits (i.e. not just executive production) credits on several of his own albums or others he's done since the beginning of his career (and writing credits; songwriting is probably his strongest skill that isn't A&Ring) or his hands-on tweaking and engineering he does for himself (albeit likely less engineering nowadays because he's got more people for that).

He's not just an executive producer. Never has or will be just that, even when he started putting out solo projects it wasn't just that. Listennnn... has a few solo production credits.

Nah, don't believe he does any of that.

Seen videos of him in the studio and he has no idea wtf is going on or what he's talking about.

Zelenogorsk

Banned
Mar 1, 2018
I had never even heard of the dude and then I'm So Hood came out and pretty soon me and my friends were constantly yelling "DJ KHALED, WE THE BEST" at each other all the time.