• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jedezel

Oct 28, 2017
latest
Still waiting for a game with Mona as the main protagonist

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
In Kingdom Hearts 3 you get to play as Rikku and Aqua for less than a few minutes and then never again.

I know that'll most likely change with the DLC, but it's really whack.

jankinkraut

Nov 20, 2017
I liked playing as Kafei for that brief period in Sakon's hideout. Thought it was really cool that they animated an attack for him too, even though you never had to use it.

Erpy

May 31, 2018
The first Lunar game had two examples; Laike, a swordsman with no spells or special attacks who simply swatted down every monster you faced while he was with you and Ghaleon, a magic user who briefly joined your party and whose spells wiped out every single thing on screen.

Yasamuu

Oct 28, 2017
Enjoyed the Seifer and Edea cameos in FF8. Guest characters in FF games are often pretty cool.

Also, Uncharted 4.

Crash Bandicoot.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
In GTAV, I like eating peyote and then being able to run around as a random animal. As a pigeon you can poop on people. lol

Nov 15, 2017
I was going to say Dekar from Lufia 2 because he's my boy, but that's probably stretching the definition of "little bit" since he's actually around for quite a while. Maybe even longer than Artea technically.

So I'm going to go with...

ostQ2Z9.png

Particularly the single battle near the end of the game where you team up once.

I adore the storyline with those 2 in general.

Is that stretching 'little bit" too? Oh well too bad

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Nice to see so many Beatrix posts. She's so good.

Fighting her a few times in very moody, impossible to win battles really sets her up as this powerful entity. Once you come down to use her, it feels really earned considering her and the plot's development. Alexandria (and the state is in), her chemistry with Steiner and "Something to Protect" being such a motivating take on "Roses of May" (her theme) makes this one of the most memorable parts of any FF.

They should have made her playable for the rest of the game :(

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ma Soupswill from Grabbed by the Ghoulies. I barely remember anything about the game, but I remember beating the final bosses ass with her and her giant wooden soup ladle after Cooper got beat up.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah besides Snake in MGS2 I'm having a hard time coming up with this. Almost every game that uses this mechanic, from RE4 to The Last of Us, I hate it as a gameplay trope. I get it as a narrative trope, you get to tell a story from someone else's perspective and usually show some element of growth in a side character (the Last of Us uses it for this).

Actually, finally thought of one that I love...

INSIDE
giphy.gif

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Lunar did the whole Sephiroth thing even earlier than FF7. Legendary hero teams up with your party, you see his power, and then he reveals that he's now evil right in front of you.