• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017

GatsGatsby

Oct 27, 2017
West Columbia, SC
My Ex lurked the other place for years he'd tell me about it and when we lived together I would find myself lurking even after we broke up I still lurked. When the shit hit the fan and I saw pretty much everyone who's posts I enjoyed reading here I made sure when it was time for open sign up I would have an account and finally get to talk to these people.

Grigorig

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah lot of familiar faces. I was on the other forum for about 10 years but wasn't particularly well known so I did a reset of my own. Glad to be aboard!

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
I honestly feel the same, I was familiar with you two and others but was caught off guard when I joined a Gaf Discord and saw I was pretty well recognized. When I was on Gaf I thought I was flying under the radar and felt I was some ghost because I was barely quoted unless I somehow became part of some 3 to 5 page debate. Good times.

I had the same experience. When the sky was falling back on GAF, I suddenly found a Discord invite to the DMC community in my inbox. I was like "who even knows me!?" It was so gratifying just to be remembered and invited, never mind being granted the privilege of day one membership at ResetEra.

I think keeping the same avatar for years helps. Names can be forgettable, but faces become familiar even if users aren't posting that often.

kamineko

Linked the Fire
Oct 25, 2017
Accardi-by-the-Sea
Hey you guys for continuity's sake I will remain an unquotable trash poster

Always down for a cheap, inexplicable necropost or flat attempts at thread flavor

Most seamless transition ever

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
What is up my bros (this is a gender neutral term as it implies closeness of heart rather than biological brotherhood so I can use it to refer to everyone)

...yeah, I'm glad to see familiar faces too. What's really interesting is seeing the perma-banned users come back to life. There's a few of them I missed after a while (Winterfang from NarutoGAF, if you're reading this, you were really fun to discuss things with and I hope you re-reg here)

Oct 25, 2017
USA, Sol 3, Universe 1
What is up my bros (this is a gender neutral term as it implies closeness of heart rather than biological brotherhood so I can use it to refer to everyone)

...yeah, I'm glad to see familiar faces too. What's really interesting is seeing the perma-banned users come back to life. There's a few of them I missed after a while (Winterfang from NarutoGAF, if you're reading this, you were really fun to discuss things with and I hope you re-reg here)
I think I remember you!

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Longtime old forum lurker here so nobody knows who I am (except for Doc, maybe?) and that's alright, but it's so great to see people like Cyan, Ishida, More_Badass, Andrew Korenchkin, Jawmuncher, Karsticles, duckroll, Inuhanyou, Brazil, Platy, Memento, shinobi602 and so many others I really admire. It's nice being able to participate and talk to you all.

Kitsunebaby

Oct 27, 2017
Annapolis, Maryland
Apparently I was more known than I thought on GAF, judging from what I've been told on Discord.

I'll always remember you and Satch since we were part of the same batch of juniors!

I didn't post as much in the last few years and I constantly switch up my avatars so I doubt many people really remember me. Gonna try to be more active in communities here.

I'm so glad to see so many of my girls came here. Hopefully one of us can make a GirlEra hangout (though I was always really bad at visiting the community thread on the old forum).

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I wonder if Derrick01 will come back?
I hope so, I enjoyed and agreed with some of his takes.
I'll always remember you and Satch since we were part of the same batch of juniors!

I didn't post as much in the last few years and I constantly switch up my avatars so I doubt many people really remember me. Gonna try to be more active in communities here.

I'm so glad to see so many of my girls came here. Hopefully one of us can make a GirlEra hangout (though I was always really bad at visiting the community thread on the old forum).
I remember ya! And yes, there is indeed a GirlEra thread! https://www.resetera.com/threads/regals-ot-episode-i-the-female-menace.337/unread

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Here i see most people seem to know each others or recognize names.

Here i am feeling like a stranger in a strange land. D:

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
Honestly I got tired of the name "Rash" after having used it for so long. I've had that shitty online username since the days of Quake 2. Twenty years.

Davey Cakes is what I use for playing Jack Box games with friends and it's become my name for Steam, Twitter, Nintendo ID and other things.

Even with 14,000 posts on the other boards I wasn't really a huge presence so I'm all for a name and avatar change for this new community. A fresh start is nice.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Yeah, It's been good to lurk for a little and now having a membership. This is also my first post here on ERA. I wasn't that active before, but had like 2 post a day in my three years anyway lol

FantaSoda

Oct 28, 2017
Has anyone seen jred2k? I haven't seen him pop up in the wrestling thread. Is there a way to search users?

Nintex

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm back.

Got banned at the tail end of 2011 for no reason.
Shiggy still shared my leaks from time to time.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Hi guys. I posted a lot on GAF, but I doubt I was high profile or anything.

It's great to see 90% of people I interacted with here. We even got people like Derrick and Fiction back.

Elrid

Oct 28, 2017
I was there for 10 years and pretty low key, but it was still a place I went to almost every day to check in on the latest news and events. I had my frustrations with the place, but it was a home.

Anyways, I am really glad this place came together so well and so fast. Sometimes change is for the best. Really glad to be here. Thanks

Johnny Blaze

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
DE
I'm low profile af but glad the community is back on its feet. Wasn't on the discord. Didn't post on gaf anymore after all went down. Just checking in.