• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BarryAllen

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I LOVE CHRISTMAS

Don't give me that it's a "Religious" Holiday christmas hasn''t been in religious in years its all commercialized

Venture

Oct 25, 2017
Can I give you "November just started and Christmas is still 2 months away"? I love Christmas too but spreading it out like this just dilutes it and makes it feel less special to me. Can't we just celebrate the Fall season and Thanksgiving first? Save Christmas for the first of December at least.

OP
OP
BarryAllen

BarryAllen

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can I give you "November just started and Christmas is still 2 months away"? I love Christmas too but spreading it out like this just dilutes it and makes it feel less special to me. Can't we just celebrate the Fall season and Thanksgiving first? Save Christmas for the first of December at least.
the true meaning of thanksgiving is the true meaning of the american people beating the shit out of each other for cheap electronics and clothes

Lackless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everything surrounding Christmas is commercialized though Christmas Day is still grounded to its roots with presents and being around family and loved ones. I find it to be a nice balance. You don't have to be a Christian to respect a holiday with good intentions.

meow

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I saw Christmas stuff out even before Halloween had passed. It's really getting ridiculous.

Rangerx

Oct 25, 2017
Dangleberry
First time I've heard of someone who enjoys Xmas ads in the first week of november. I find them fuckin irritating this early, same with Xmas music. They've already started playing them down the local supermarket and I can't stand them.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
It's not really Christmas until I've seen a Lexus "December to Remember" commercial.

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
A little too early for me - a week before Thanksgiving is my sweet spot.

That being said I'm a sucker for Xmas commercials and Xmas specials especially of old cartoons.

That N64 one was great. Surprised Goldeneye wasn't in there given it was at least 1998.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Not until I get through Thanksgiving.

Christmas is a bit of a mixed bag for me. I used to get a $125 Christmas bonus, but as company profits have increased, my bonus decreased. Get $35 now. Also get to deal with customers in the "Christmas spirit" hurling "Merry Christmas!!!" at me like some kind of challenge. Retail sucks.

Deleted member 9986

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Worst time of the year for me and it has been for almost a decade. It will stay that way until I get out of retail hell.

These months are only beneficial when it comes to reminding myself how shitty capitalism is.

Oct 26, 2017
the rooftops.
I freakin love it. I silently judge people who complain about decorations going up or commercials being early. My christmas tree goes up in November and I have a christmas songs playlist that I listen to all year round - COME AT ME, HOHOHO !

Oct 27, 2017
I remember when I was a kid nothing Christmas related started until after Thanksgiving. Seeing ads in November and Christmas related stuff in stores nowadays before Halloween is ridiculous.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Praise Saturn, you heathens. Celebrate the solstice like a Roman pagan and getting fucking shitfaced.

Possumowner

Oct 27, 2017
Uk
No..just no.Goddam Christmas adverts...especially perfume/aftershave ones drive me mad...don't even get me started on the John Lewis one (uk)

Deleted member 6215

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The compulsion to rush through the seasons to get to Christmas is the logical end to our consumerism. All those "holiday feelings" are manufactured and manipulated to get you to buy more shit earlier and earlier each year. I don't recall this being nearly as bad even just 20 years ago.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I've already heard Christmas music at my local grocery store last night. I'm ready for it to be over.

Oct 30, 2017
I bet you love being bombarded with cheap, emotional manipulation that gets you to go out and trample people on Black Friday for a 300 dollar TV that will be outdated in 12 months.