• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Boze Man

Oct 27, 2017
Bozeman, MT
I'm with you, OP. Although it may be because I live in Montana and we've been in the mist of a 3 day winter storm and snow is covering the ground and that's putting me in the mood. But I've got some eggnog in the fridge (and a bottle of Costco bourbon to make it good), a fresh box of hot cocoa mix (and some Costco Irish Country Creme to make that good), and some new fuzzy slippers on my feet. In November, I'm mostly keeping my eye on the Black Friday sites waiting for those sweet ad leaks (Shopko's gives me hope for some great deals, even though I won't be visiting a Shopko). But after Thanksgiving, I'm ready for a month of Christmas. Lights going up around town, stores selling cheap shit they never stock and nobody needs (no, JCPenny, I don't need a mini pool table from The Sharper Image, and no, Target, the Axe body spray/body wash gift box is not a "perfect" gift), dishes and desserts my family only ever does this time of year (fudge, Chex party mix, my Cherry Fluff), and everything just feels a bit better. I always find myself busier, though. And just a few minutes ago, I agreed to help my friend's business by manning the the mall kiosk he's setting up 10 days before Christmas, so maybe my mood will change when I'm spending 6 or 7 nights at the goddamn mall. But he pays well so I'll have extra cash in my pocket.

I'll agree with the scrooges about hearing the music too early though. Where I work, last year we agreed to change the office music to Christmas 2 weeks before the day. After half a day, we changed our mind to 2 days before Christmas. I love it but there's only so many songs, especially on these stations where it's either oldie Christmas (which I prefer) or contemporary Christmas with Mariah Carey, Amy Grant, Madonna, and boy bands. However, there's one song that plays on the oldies one that I can't get enough of, Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra singing "Marshmallow World." I heard a laugh track during the song so I assumed it came from a TV special so I had to find it. I imagined these 2 singing with a glass of whiskey in their hands and I wasn't too far off:

dantevsninjas

Oct 27, 2017
I was just being sarcastic, that's the joke.jpeg ect

e37.png

Whoops. Nothing to see here.

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so happy OP was banned for telling us about fucking Christmas in early November.

(that's probably not the reason they were banned)

Oct 26, 2017
Last edited:

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Christmas stuff in November (or even worse pre-November) completely kills it.

By the time Christmas actually rolls around you can't wait for it to be over.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
It should be a bannable offense. Wait 'till Thanksgiving dammit.

Though I'll admit, this thread made me semi-give in and curate a playlist of Christmas Music That Doesn't Suck, but I ain't touching it again until Black Friday.

It's going full Christmas in Ireland, we don't have Thanksgiving to block it. Well it's only 50 days left.

Anyone else get really depressed once the holidays are over?

I do, Christmas is a motivation point for me to work through the last part of the year. Once it's over I feel aimless for a few months or until find a motivation point while can be months.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I hate that Thanksgiving pretty much gets trampled by Christmas. Even Halloween is starting to get overshadowed by it

Monogatari

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just zone it all out.

I love the Winter solstice aspect of this time of year. Frosty chilly days and nights etc.

But traditional Christmas imagery bores me to tears.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
The wife and I moved in together last November, and between planning for a wedding and still moving our belongings in we didn't really get a "proper" Christmas. We were married in January of this year so this is our first real Christmas together. I get a bit teary-eyed when I see Christmas stuff while out and about because I finally have someone to share it with---for the rest of my life.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
The wife and I moved in together last November, and between planning for a wedding and still moving our belongings in we didn't really get a "proper" Christmas. We were married in January of this year so this is our first real Christmas together. I get a bit teary-eyed when I see Christmas stuff while out and about because I finally have someone to share it with---for the rest of my life.

Statistically more like another six years.
Merry holidays!

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone else get really depressed once the holidays are over?
Nah, I jump from one excitement to the next. So I love Halloween, but its over.. Thankgiving is kind of whatevs but I love Christmas. When its over, I look at it as a new year, new goals, bar hopping with friends on St Paddys, then the summer on the horizon means beers, pools, bbq's.. and I ride that train until Halloween again. Weeeeee

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Nah, I jump from one excitement to the next. So I love Halloween, but its over.. Thankgiving is kind of whatevs but I love Christmas. When its over, I look at it as a new year, new goals, bar hopping with friends on St Paddys, then the summer on the horizon means beers, pools, bbq's.. and I ride that train until Halloween again. Weeeeee
I guess for me it has to do with the fact that I hate summer and I look forward all year to some cold weather and early sunsets.