• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
May 17, 2018
We've waited 7 years for a new game from TGC. Journey won it's fair share of GOTYs. It was nominated for a damn Grammy award. I feel like the follow up to that game should be a big ass deal.

But, now, almost a month after Sky's release, it has a whopping 12 reviews on Metacritic. Only one thread on here about it, the day it was basically stealth released which garnered a whole 4 pages of brief talk. The game didn't even get an OT.

Does anyone know if Sky is lighting up the charts on iOS? Are there mobile platform message boards that are raving about it? It just seems utterly wild to me that Sky finally released and it's just been crickets in my circles. Shit, I've only played it for about 5 minutes, and, Journey and Flower are both huge favorites of mine. What happened?

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Did you know they also stealth released Journey on iOS earlier this week?

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
The only iOS device I still own is a 6 year old iPad that I never use. I'll check the game out when it comes to a device I want to play it on.

Deleted member 1185

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I figured it was because its iOS only so TGC traditional market missed out

But it is bizarre that press havent covered it much. Only 12 reviews is insane

Oct 25, 2017
I've played a little of it and it seems cool but I'm going to wait until I can play it on a real controller with a real screen.

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA
I mean. It's a mobile game and I barely have time to play other bigger games. If I have to choose between a mobile game or console/PC game I'll always choose the later.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
I watched the Giant Bomb quick look of it and they put it pretty well saying that it's a weird juxtaposition going from these vague experiences such as Flower and Journey to another vague experience, only this time with F2P mobile game micro transactions, takes away some of the mystique.

Nov 9, 2017
Réunion
I don't have an apple device, so I'm just waiting for it to be released somewhere where I can play it, that's all.

And tbh, I don't think this game would be able to put the iOS chart on fire. Could be, sure, but I doubt it.

Last edited:

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
I can't think of anything I want to enjoy an ~interactive artistic experience~ on less than my phone.

Angst

Oct 27, 2017
Also.

I don't have an iOS device and don't plan on ever owning one...so..

PinballRJ

Oct 25, 2017
Most of the leads on Journey left after it's release, Sky is basically like Metal Gear Survive

Oct 25, 2017
mobile only (and even then ios only at that) + era.

That's why.

Once it makes its way onto consoles/PC it'll get more attention/discussion than it has so far.

civet

Jul 6, 2019
France
Perhaps the game will get more exposure once it's out on more consistant platforms? Personnaly I'm not interested in playing on my phone.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Is it because it is an iOS-exclusive game? Not sure if many of the familiar hardcore gaming circles and site would bother with in-depth discussion and review of this title, unfortunately.

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They benefited from the Sony exclusive hype machine in the past. Not to say they didn't deserve the attention in the end, but when you're a Sony exclusive you tend to get a lot of attention.

Oct 25, 2017
A F2P mobile game that relies on microtransactions and only on IOS.

Nah, I'm good bro.

TGC made a move to go this way, and that is their prerogative.

But because of that, they've lost me as a consumer, and I'm guessing they know that.

Wish them the best of luck, but I have zero interest in it.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've disliked pretty much every game they've made. Beautiful but ultimately shallow experiences in the gameplay department.

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I downloaded it and played for a few minutes, it seems like an impressive achievement. However I'm not interested in playing these types of games on an IOS device.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
It's not only a mobile exclusive at the moment, it's an iOS exclusive. It's not surprising at all.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Journey was one of the first games my girlfriend ever played and the first she finished like 2-3 years ago. She tried Sky for a bit and said she couldn't deal with the controls.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
It's an art game released exclusively on iOS, which isn't exactly renowned for it's high concentration of art game gamers.

I assume it will pick up more traction once it's released elsewhere.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
It's a mobile game that's also iOS exclusive. What do you expect?

It'll be the same if FF7 Remake/Last Of Us 2/Kingdom Hearts IV is iOS exclusive.