• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Israel
User Banned (Permanent): Racism + Misogyny. Junior account.
7GBEwfW.jpg

First of all, I am very sorry for my English guys
second, I just remembered that there are 7 billion people in the world so that means I'm not the only one who was disappointed
maybe it is too late to ask this question but it is better now than never
-
It just feels like everyone loved this game and I'm that only one who didn't... but hey!! do not get me wrong. Wolfenstein 3d is my first FPS game and he's one of my favorites

The New Order was goddam amazing! one of the best FPS games I've ever played
The Old Blood was cool too
-
When 2 was announced, I was in high expectations for this game! you could say I just took a ticket in the business class of the hype train for this game!
-
The week of the release date of the game came
there have been many talks in forums like 4chan about the game in a negative way like: 6 hours and even less campaign length
problems in developing for the PC version [bad port]
the game encourages SJW
something about a left or right thing on the political

I chose to ignore everything because I chose not to believe everything I read, I'd rather judge something by myself.
then boom, positive reviews everywhere, people are satisfied with the game feelsgoodman.png
and then the game came out and I played it and finished it
-
I was the most disappointed man ever. First of all, I give huge credit to gameplay, which is still excellent and good. I'm not a big fan of graphics but it was good as well

Let's start with what bothers me first, as a PC/PS4 player that port was terrible and terrible and again terrible! (I bought this PC)
the game barely opened, the savegame stopped working a couple of times
FPS drop in completely empty areas in the game O_o
but unfortunately it does not surprise me so much... many developers don't care about the PC version [port]
-
and now for the most important part................ the story
what the hell is this? the beginning started well, and then the plot becomes bad so much you can't understand what is happening here!?!? why the hell this girl became the leader suddenly? (Grace) because she is a girl + black? for SJW people? really? come on -_-
who the hell is she? I don't give a damn, she can't be a leader just like that, you got earn some respect among the crew on the ship.. you can't just take Caroline place like she is nothing man
and then they decide to cut his head and I must say that I held my heart for a moment, I thought it was the end of my favorite series but boom, they saved him using a super soldier body, a little crazy but you can live with it
and then they talk about revolution, and none of this happens or feels like it happens
you once again kill that huge robot boss and it's over and nothing... just nothing
a limited selection of weapons, almost no bosses, full of empty areas on the map, the commanders' tickets are just a joke
the design of the maps is nice but not so good as the previous one
what about the stealth? lol broken so much that you can kill the commander and the other soldier will not do anything [ https://streamable.com/nr4w4 ]
the scene where Anya kills soldiers and a robot dog.... do you want to tell me that none of them have been able to shot her? seriously? Where did they learn to shoot? from stormtroopers?
everything is just terrible..........

despite everything, I will give the game credit for a Court map, the scenes with the father/mother and gunplay, and the difficulty [ https://streamable.com/rvk1q ] [ https://streamable.com/zhso6 ]
esx1TyA.png

Believe me, I tried to love the game but ... it's just awful
What do you guys think about the game?

[The reason I wrote this today, is because I heard that they are working on the third game]

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
Obviously not since we've had this thread a billion times before

Edit: lol game about killing Nazis=SJWs these people project so much

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if you seen any thread about Wolf 2, you'd know dissapointment was commonplace here

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
what the hell is this? the beginning started well, and then the plot becomes bad so much you can't understand what is happening here!?!? why the hell this girl became the leader suddenly? (Grace) because she is a girl + black? for SJW people? really? come on -_-
who the hell is she? I don't give a damn, she can't be a leader just like that, you got earn some respect among the crew on the ship.. you can't just take Caroline place like she is nothing man
Grace was shown as strong, determined and well-liked by the crew.

so

no

Oct 27, 2017
God I hate the phrase sjw. It's hard to take the post seriously because of that.

And disappointment around the game is pretty much the norm here. Have been tons of threads with much more valid complaints.

OP
OP
Master Kazuhira
Oct 27, 2017
Israel
Grace was shown as strong, determined and well-liked by the crew.

so

no
So what's wrong with the Anya? Everyone knows her, everyone loves her, she is strong and the wife of the leader of the group
BJ was ill but now he is a super soldier why he can't be the leader?
I forgot what they would call this professor guy, but he's mastermind what's wrong with him?

xMaximusx

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
As a Wolfenstein fan, it was one of the worst in the series. I barely was able to finish it. Return to Castle Wolfenstein was the last good one imo, i think that was also the last one to have multiplayer

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
To be fair OP might have just looked at the MC score and assumed the game was universally praised.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
and then they decide to cut his head and I must say that I held my heart for a moment, I thought it was the end of my favorite series but boom, they saved him using a super soldier body, a little crazy but you can live with it
and then they talk about revolution, and none of this happens or feels like it happens
you once again kill that huge robot boss and it's over and nothing... just nothing
So them replacing BJ's decaying body by sticking his head on a supersoldier corpse they stole is "a little crazy but you can live with it."

A black woman coming in and commanding a team, "Woah man, wtf"

Interesting take.

OP
OP
Master Kazuhira
Oct 27, 2017
Israel
God I hate the phrase sjw. It's hard to take the post seriously because of that.

And disappointment around the game is pretty much the norm here. Have been tons of threads with much more valid complaints.

sorry about that... I just saw that so much on 4chan and other forums and I just wrote that here

As a Wolfenstein fan, it was one of the worst in the series. I barely was able to finish it. Return to Castle Wolfenstein was the last good one imo, i think that was also the last one to have multiplayer

did you play enemy territory? damn this game was an amazing
best ww2 multiplayer game I ever played

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
So what's wrong with the Anya? Everyone knows her, everyone loves her, she is strong and the wife of the leader of the group
I forgot what they would call this professor guy, but he's mastermind what's wrong with him?
Nothing's "wrong" with them.

Grace is a leader within the American Resistance.
BJ arrives in America.
Grace has knowledge of the fight.
Grace is the person who masterminded the plan to destroy the Nazi base in Roswell.
All of this makes sense to me. Why doesn't it to you?

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
I thought the game was an incredible disappointment, the story was nonsense without any of the lovely characterization of the first game, the combat encounters were abysmal with most of them being corridor meat grinders where you just stand and shoot 20 enemies, the stealth is broken and impossible to get through most areas, and the ending/last fight is a great big nothing.

Played on the pc at launch too and thought it was a top notch version tho, not a single crash and incredible performance while looking great. Game also took me a good 20 hours like the first.

Courthouse scene on the hardest difficulty(outside of that permadeath one) is broken as fuck too.

Oct 28, 2017
The entire NY level happens because ~~le Resistance needs leadership~~ and that's why they go off to find Grace. A lot of people are confused by this and keep asking why she immediately takes over despite the game hinting at it. I suppose the whole "strong black woman" angle made them too angry to think clearly.

BJ is more comfortable being a warrior than a leader. The developers said as much during interviews even during The New Order's release.

It's funny seeing the internet and bigots talk about it promoting SJW politics when by the end of the game it turns into another tale of American exceptionalism. Especially if you do Wyatt's path with his final speech about loving freedom being an inherently American thing with no traces of irony whatsoever.

OP
OP
Master Kazuhira
Oct 27, 2017
Israel
So them replacing BJ's decaying body by sticking his head on a supersoldier corpse they stole is "a little crazy but you can live with it."

Interesting take.
I want to go to the army and then decide that I am the commander on DAY 1 and no one knows me here
can I?

Nothing's "wrong" with them.

Grace is a leader within the American Resistance.
BJ arrives in America.
Grace has knowledge of the fight.
Grace is the person who masterminded the plan to destroy the Nazi base in Roswell.
All of this makes sense to me. Why doesn't it to you?
isn't Horton the leader within the American Resistance?
he reminded me of Abraham Lincoln

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
Anya is a nurse and relatively new to.the reistance. BJ and the professor were out of commission until recently in-canon.
Grace has been leading the resistance in the USA for quite some time.

melodiousmowl

Jan 14, 2018
CT
I have been told to just drop it to easy and beat it.

I have to say the whole kill the commander or shit respawns mechanic + not being able to tell where damage is coming from just ruined it for me

Risev

Oct 27, 2017
Enjoyable game but I do agree the story felt very off. I like B.J, Anya, and caroline a lot but the rest of the characters ( the good guys) were extremely unlikable. Everyone was rude to everyone, and everyone seemed to have a loose screw in their heads that was just about to come undone and then they'd actually really become insane. I just didn't care about any of the good guys besides BJ and Anya, and by the halfway point after that moment in the story, even BJ becomes boring as the game magically presents a solution for all of BJs problems.

Meh, even the gameplay was disappointing. It felt like 75% of the levels took place in subways, sewers, or secret military bases that all look the same. I can't distinguish the levels and separate them in my head even though I didn't finish it that long ago.

Weird game.

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
I want to go to the army and then decide that I am the commander on DAY 1 and no one knows me here
can I?

isn't Horton the leader within the American Resistance?
he reminded me of Abraham Lincoln
Horton leads the New Orleans cell. Grace leads the NY cell.

You don't even get to Horton for hours of game time after Grace is introduced. I really don't understand where you're coming from except the whole "she's black and female and therefore unfit to lead," which is a gut reaction I'd like you to reflect on some more.

Oct 28, 2017
Wolfenstein 2 as a story is basically all about BJ's superhero origin and they shouldn't have advertised the OORAH USA angle so much even if it makes sense to profit off what's in vogue. You get to see what made him who he is which is only hinted at in TOB/TNO, his hardship and death and eventual spiritual and physical rebirth going back to what he does best after being sad for 1.5+ games: killing Nazis. Oh and there's some story there about a Resistance in the USA for like 3 cutscenes? Then the game is over.

sheaaaa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Interesting take.

Holy shit, absolute demolition. Fantastic post. If playing Wolfenstein 2 the part in the bonkers story where you went whoa thats unrealistic is a black woman leading the team, you've got a problem.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
Yikes at the OP but yes it was disappointing. Hopefully they learn from their mistakes and WIII is great.

Oct 31, 2017
Also unpopular opinion but New Order bored me to tears. I couldn't finish it.

I just Youtubed New Colossus. Some of the story was dumb but overall the game seemed about 328928392839283298% more entertaining.

Deleted member 16025

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gameplay was pretty unremarkable in a lot of ways, but the story was incredible and there was memorable moment after memorable moment.

Plus, any game where I get to kill nazis and klansmen is a great game automatically. At a time when literal nazis and nazi sympathizers were marching in American streets, this game was exactly the cathartic experience a lot of us needed. I'm proud to have bought a copy.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
the beginning started well, and then the plot becomes bad so much you can't understand what is happening here!?!? why the hell this girl became the leader suddenly? (Grace) because she is a girl + black? for SJW people? really? come on -_-
This is why women and black people find gaming culture intolerable, in case you ever wondered.

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How is OP not banned? Please don't give me that shit about them being foreign and not knowing what a SJW is and why using that term outs you as a supremacist.

Deleted member 835

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wolfenstein wasn't that good and got boring. Grace was dope and was one of a few good parts of the game

ObbyDent

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Already reported it. This shit shouldn't be tolerated. I don't care how "bad your English is".

joe_zazen

Oct 25, 2017
Gameplay was pretty unremarkable in a lot of ways, but the story was incredible and there was memorable moment after memorable moment.

Plus, any game where I get to kill nazis and klansmen is a great game automatically. At a time when literal nazis and nazi sympathizers were marching in American streets, this game was exactly the cathartic experience a lot of us needed. I'm proud to have bought a copy.

Consumerism as political statment.

Status
Not open for further replies.