• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
I agree.

Can you ban a mod?

Either some you posters are on "some slick shit" or need classes on how discrimination works. The second post your quoting is explaining a story about discrimination where ethnicity is important. They aren't bringing up ethnicity for no fucking reason like the first post/enforcing negative stereotypes.

Oct 28, 2017
Siloam Springs
A co-worker of mine (in retail) once responded to the "are you from here" racist question with, "As an American citizen I can kindly ask you to respect my privacy." I liked that one.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Working in a call centre can be fun some days. I love it when a complaining customer asks for your name, like that will get the complaint sorted any faster lol

So I tell them my first name and then they ask for my full name and I refuse because it has nothing to do with the complaint, and I don't want random people knowing my personal details, it really annoys them but makes me smile.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
from my time in an academic counseling center

-answers phone-
"Hi, this is the counseling center, how can I he-"
"yeah hey are you a counselor"
"No, I'm just the front de-"
"Can you transfer me to someone who matters"

So i transfer him to my supervisor (the Senior Clerk) and hear one side of a very unpleasant conversation and my supervisor exercising amazing restraint before she transfers him to one of the counselors who happened to be in the room. And then we both hear one side of a very unpleasant conversation that results in the counselor going "I really don't need to take that sort of attitude", and then he transfers the guy (who for all his jackassery was amazingly patient because this was like a 30 minute affair) to the director

five minutes later
Director: so i transferred that guy to the dean and I'm frankly still not sure what he really wanted

to my knowledge that man is on hold waiting for Our Lord and Creator to pickup because no one else in creation was important enough for him to actually explain what the fuck he actually needed.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
I work at Domino's Pizza. Last night we were slammed due to Valentines Day and 2 or 3 people didn't show up to work. The shop was chaos on each rare occasion I was there. I was out on deliveries constantly so I'm sure I missed a lot.

What I did see at around 8-9pm was a woman at the front of the line at the counter demand my manager check her out so she can go. my manager replied that she will get to her in a second as she's working on the oven currently which is overflowing with food coming out. woman replied "Not my problem! I don't work here!" woman continued to berate her, calling her a rude bitch and even demanded plates from the back as well. My manager told her that we don't have any plates currently to which the woman replied YOU'RE A LYING BITCH TOO.

like, it's just pizza... i cannot fathom getting this upset about it.if you feel you had a bad experience you're entitled to complain sure. but making a fool of yourself in front of the entire restaurant and berating an employee is trash behavior.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I work at Domino's Pizza. Last night we were slammed due to Valentines Day and 2 or 3 people didn't show up to work. The shop was chaos on each rare occasion I was there. I was out on deliveries constantly so I'm sure I missed a lot.

What I did see at around 8-9pm was a woman at the front of the line at the counter demand my manager check her out so she can go. my manager replied that she will get to her in a second as she's working on the oven currently which is overflowing with food coming out. woman replied "Not my problem! I don't work here!" woman continued to berate her, calling her a rude bitch and even demanded plates from the back as well. My manager told her that we don't have any plates currently to which the woman replied YOU'RE A LYING BITCH TOO.

like, it's just pizza... i cannot fathom getting this upset about it.if you feel you had a bad experience you're entitled to complain sure. but making a fool of yourself in front of the entire restaurant and berating an employee is trash behavior.
This is where I believe recording people and publicly shaming them is a great idea. Like fucking lord do people forget that the people they're yelling at are preparing their fucking food. There are two people I dont fuck with, the people who make and bring me my food, and my barber. Seriously people need to be reminded of the movie "Waiting" and maybe think "maybe I shouldn't be a fucking shit heel to this minimally paid worker "

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Also have one thought on the ban and than I drop it.

If that poster took a 30 day ban for that ( that's usually a warning right there) it means they have a history posting here with both racism and moderation, full stop.

Staff Post

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
As has already been explained, there is a substantive difference between the post that was banned earlier in this thread and Nepenthe's post. 'Reverse racism' rhetoric is not something that will be tolerated here. Do not derail the thread with complaints about transparency, either. This is neither the time nor the place. Posts that continue to derail the thread will be moderated.

Tiamant

Oct 28, 2017
Quick impressions after 2 years working at CS:

-Mexicans are the nicest people on Earth

-Argentinians are the worst people from
the LATAM market. They will consistently blow up at the slightest inconvenience.

-French people are rude and don't give a fuck about rules

-Germans are stubborn but fair

-American customers are the worst of the bunch. Entitled, racist and full of "I want to talk with the manager" energy. Once I was doing a mediation between an American and an Argentinian client and the American told me he wanted to speak with my manager because since I was "latin" he felt I was taking sides with "my race" (I told him I was calling from Barcelona, Spain). Also, all of them have a "friend that works at the local news" and "know personally the CEO of your company".

-Japanese are nice, although I haven't treated with a lot of them.

-People from India go from nice and calm to batshit crazy in a second. They are the most thorough when threatening you to take legal action.

-Spanish are mostly chill but can be dumb as rocks.

So yeah, save the Mexicans and the Germans and throw the rest of them into the sea.

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
I almost always try to be the best customer I can be because of all the nonsense retail have to deal with every day.

I used to be an IT who went to various companies on site for an hourly fee. I cannot even remember how many of customers tried to weasel out of charges because "he took too long" or "he didnt know what he was doing" even when the problem was fixed. Was told I was going to be thrown into traffic once. That was fun.

The one I always make fun of is the person who made me drive an hour (we charged for travel both ways if it was out of the way) to turn their printer back on. Insulted me over the phone when I asked this basic question. Red faced the entire time I was there after I plugged it back in. $150. Money well spent I'm sure.

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
"You'll never see me again!"
I'm so sad. :'( if only that was ever true.

What sucks is that they think saying that will get them anywhere when they have no leverage on the matter.

Like I'm supposed to break my back to make sure the $10 you have in your account stays with us and not go to a different company or whatever. I'm sorry but I'm processing 20 different loans at once. I don't have time for foolishness.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
When I was working as a learning assistant at my university, I had some student snap their fingers at me, like one would call a dog, to get my attention.

Probably the only time in my life when I wanted to punch someone, consequences be damned.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When I was working as a learning assistant at my university, I had some student snap their fingers at me, like one would call a dog, to get my attention.

Probably the only time in my life when I wanted to punch someone, consequences be damned.
I've always enjoyed the "Can you get this table cleaned up" when I have a full line of people, I'm the only one working and there are plenty of other actually clean tables available and they look so fucking offended that you tell them you can after you finish the line of customers. I'd love to say ask everyone in line if they mind waiting 5 minutes to be served because your ass needs a specific table and cant sit anywhere else because you have some weird seating phobia.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Bloomingdale's bedding.

Animals would buy sheets Friday night.

Return them stained on Monday. With no packaging. Saying they were uncomfortable.

I'd always say no because it was worth dying on that hill. Then they'd manager me. He would always give them store credit.
So gross.

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Customer: *brings an assortment of medicines to the counter* Can you explain how all of these work? I want to know the best one to take for back pain.

Me, a 19 year old cashier at Walgreens: I can't tell you much about these, so you should check in the back with the pharmacy. They'll definitely be able to help you.

Customer: Don't you work here? Why don't you know? That's the problem with this country, nobody takes their work seriously.

Me: I...I'm 19.
Honestly, racism aside this is the worst shit that happens in retail.

They expect every minimum wage worker to know literally everything about where they work and then act like you aren't doing your job properly if you don't know. Fuck all those people I'm glad I got out of that life.

Lys Skygge

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Customer: "I'd like 25 of these items, please."

- Ma'am, there is a limit of 1 per customer.

Customer: "WELL, I WANT 25 OF THEM!"

- I'm sorry, but there's a limit. I can't sell you 25, ma'am. Then there would be 1 happy customer and 24 customers wondering why they can't purchase an advertised sale item.

Customer: "I WILL GO OUTSIDE AND COME BACK INSIDE 25 TIMES!"

- Let me get a manager for you.

Manager, instantly without any thought or discussion whatsoever: "Let her have it."

Customer: *leaves smirking ear-to-ear*

Customer #2: "WHY DON'T YOU HAVE THIS ITEM?! IT'S IN YOUR AD!!"

Retail is filled with fantastic, supportive, completely sane people.
Ugh, unsupportive managers are fucking terrible.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Ratail workers should be allowed one legally immune scrap of their choice with a rude customer. It's the only way to balance the scales of power

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Customer: "I'd like 25 of these items, please."

- Ma'am, there is a limit of 1 per customer.

Customer: "WELL, I WANT 25 OF THEM!"

- I'm sorry, but there's a limit. I can't sell you 25, ma'am. Then there would be 1 happy customer and 24 customers wondering why they can't purchase an advertised sale item.

Customer: "I WILL GO OUTSIDE AND COME BACK INSIDE 25 TIMES!"

- Let me get a manager for you.

Manager, instantly without any thought or discussion whatsoever: "Let her have it."

Customer: *leaves smirking ear-to-ear*

Customer #2: "WHY DON'T YOU HAVE THIS ITEM?! IT'S IN YOUR AD!!"

Retail is filled with fantastic, supportive, completely sane people.
My work experience has taught me that this scenario plays out like this.

Customer: I'd like 25 of these please"
Me: Sorry, rules state one per customer
C: Well I want 25 of them
M: Okay, let me ring that up for you.

I've never, ever, had a scenario retail or not where a manager had my back, so I don't even let it escalate to that position. Just take whatever you want and get out of my face. Managers will never turn away the money so if a customer wants every single item of that particular product they'll sell it, and then just be an asshole to the next customer who wants to come in and buy it.

theBmZ

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I work the front desk of a hotel so I've had just about every experience there is in customer service. Had money thrown on the desk, been threatened with physical violence, been accused of racism, Insulted because of my voice or appearance, been accused of ageism, been raided by a swat team, had a couple doing demonic rituals, and creating shrines around the property, had drug dealers, prostitutes, homeless people, people clogging toilets on purpose, people screaming at me because they booked the wrong room type on a sold out night, etc.

The only thing I think I haven't seen is a murder, or found a body.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I consider myself lucky to have worked in a Best Buy several years ago where management actually gave a damn about us (they even sent back employees from another store and called said store about them trying to use us as a refund store). I got tons of shit from customers but management always had our backs if the customer's attitude went south. I was one of the guys in the yellow shirts checking receipts and watching cameras, and 90% of the people who came in were generally friendly. Then you would get some assholes, and it was part of our job to calm them down.

I also did a small stint in the store before that working in the camera department. While I don't claim to be an expert on cameras, they're pretty easy to learn about and you would be shocked (well not that shocked) to learn how much people don't know about them.

Now I work for a mobile game company as Tier 3 support, and I don't have to talk to a single customer. I don't even have a phone at my desk!