• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
On the website of the Agency Oddfellows released footage lifted a 20-minute animated film based on The Last of Us. Tape will not work, because Sony, for unknown reasons, decided to cancel the production.

According to the creators, the picture had to tell about the journey of Joel and Ellie from the first part, reminding the fans of the original story, and allowing the newcomers to learn it the first time.

The plot was that the protagonist was a fire somewhere in the woods and started reminiscing about old times. Each episode had a unique visual style, combining "past and present" a single narrative bridge.

More images at the links:

ed477f3230fac51dc8e86d87370ba295.png

625077b61f3d4e8a628c2cb0421476b2.png

84db5f19d41b8a985363c50bcb9fdeb5.png

eb4d96200888236408d198601caaf7f7.png

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
Wonder if they're planning something else to catch people up to speed? Seems like a really great idea that would also interest die hard fans who know the story beats by heart.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Would have enjoyed that I think. A recap hidden behind a Joel and Ellie campfire story. Love the style too.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I'd have to see it in motion before passing judgment. I also haven't been exposed to any expanded TLOU stuff (there's a comic I think?) beyond the game's own DLC, but I would entertain seeing more of that universe.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Damn that's a shame because that art style is really cool. I do wonder if that was some kind of plot summary video for the first game that would be available to people who skipped it.

tusk

Banned
Apr 25, 2018
Chicago, IL
the video game barely felt interactive it seemed clear they wanted to make a movie or television series from the outset

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Damn. Would have loved to see this, especially with the multiple art styles.

The one art style (more cartoony one) really reminds me of these t-shirts that were released. I actually had one. The name of the company is slipping my mind but they did a collaboration with an artist. They do a lot of that type of stuff, all video game related. They also make figures. Fuck, going to see if I can check my email.

I found it. I am pretty sure it was ESC Toy. They did a Last of Us series, but looking back on the designs, was just a similar looking style to the one animation. Definitely do not think it is the sam artist.

Last edited:

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
I can only assume Sony would rather have new or lapsed fans just play the first one than fund a whole extra project that tells the same story.