• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is this happening for anyone else? I'll upload an image to imgur, then embed it into a post, and it'll show up for a few minutes just fine. but eventually, I'll come back to the topic, and the images will be gone. Even editing the post, the images are like completely removed from the post. Part of the problem is that this board doesn't have an advanced editor, so I can't see the BB code to see if the image is still there but invisible, but regardless, they keep disappearing.

Example -- this image disappeared: https://i.imgur.com/HzzdLke.png

gonna embed it to see if it happens again:

Anybody know what's up?

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's a problem with imgur, their embeds seem to work randomly. I see the same issue off this forum. Just link them "normally" with
[ IMG ] tags.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's an issue on imgur's end apparently. Remove the s from https and it should show up fine for people right now

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Same problem here, sounds like I should just stop using imgur altogether. Every small change they make just seems to be for the worse.

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, bb code mode is gone? Wtf
Don't know about mobile offhand, but it should be right there in PC for sure: the gear icon on the far right of the toolbar toggles between WYSIWYG and BB Code mode.

As far as this thread's actual topic is concerned though, can't say much, because I always just use abload.de for my image uploads in part because I've always heard imgur has various issues and abload is just much more consistent for me.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
Don't know if this is related, but why use the media embed instead of image? It adds extra blank space and breaks the image half the time.