• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
original.gif

www.youtube.com

First Echo

Provided to YouTube by Milan RecordsFirst Echo · Takagi MasakatsuWolf Children℗ 2013 Milan Entertainment, Inc.Composer: Masakatsu TakagiAuto-generated by You...

Danced...

tumblr_muot566AT21r186obo1_500.gif

Played...

source.gif

Celebrated...

source.gif

Listened to the purrings of the earth...

tumblr_m6rrno8W8K1qc66bjo1_500.gif

Knew peace...

82d443be54818df988ba908e3667fe70.gif

Cherished every memory...

giphy.gif

source.gif

tumblr_pp5r8nq8Qr1v4am51_400.gifv

giphy.gif

The future awaits. Faceless people you'll one day never forget. Who one day will never forget you.

In the backdrop sits a trove of stories. Of every accomplishment and every failure. Of every laugh and whisper.

Imagine a world, where everyone can say the same.

Now wake.

In this world, not everyone can celebrate. Not everyone knows peace.

But sometimes, with a little imagination, are some afterimages.

彡彡◦༄◦°˚°◦.¸¸◦°´ *•.¸\/¸.•**◦༄◦°˚°◦.¸¸彡彡

Man is the only creature who refuses to be what he is.
~ Albert Camus

Now, where did I put that dang pizza..!!

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
A world without religion would be great. But then we'd just move on to race since we're already there and that would be the differentiator. No race and then probably nonsense like height. Disabilities will always be discriminated against. There's no hope for us besides genetically modifying one-upmanship from our DNA. *shrugs*

It would be nice though if we just enjoyed life. I think most of us do try but we are easily led and it's those in power who always want to create differences and split us apart for their own gain. I'm pretty sure if every act of war in history had to be voted on by the people there would be like 3 wars in the totality of human endeavour.

Deleted member 227

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Going by how some people on this board acts over the most insignificant things like giving people space on airlines, I think it's borderline impossible.

SwitchedOff

Oct 28, 2017
Simple, imagine a world where the mentally unhinged are properly treated (and cured) of their ailments instead of being put in charge of others .......

Selfishness would also need to be eliminated and compassion and empathy for others encouraged and enhanced.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sounds horrible honestly. I like myself as I am now and I like the ability to dislike people. Same with people disliking me. Almost horror movie-ish to get that part of us taken away.

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe
Sounds horrible honestly. I like myself as I am now and I like the ability to dislike people. Same with people disliking me. Almost horror movie-ish to get that part of us taken away.
I sort of agree. But I feel like there is a good middle ground where people could still dislike each other but respect each other enough to not want to cause harm to the other person. Like if empathy and compassion were as common to everyone as greed and selfishness.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not the one who needs to hear this. And i'm not sure these are the worries of those who do.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
It'd be nice wouldn't it...

There will never be peace.

I feel like people have become more hateful and negative since the internet really took off. It brings out the worst in some people. Everyone has a voice and thinks they can hide behind their screens so it's OK to be full of anger, hatred, and so much more.

Seirith

Oct 25, 2017
That will never be possible.

OP is there no one you don't like to be around or don't like? Not liking someone isn't always about race, religion etc, it can be simply not liking someone and not being able to get along with someone.

It would be great if we could all get along but it it will never happen because people will always dislike other people for lots of various reasons.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017

I don't really understand this thought. It is the idea that humans need conflict, which I don't agree with.

It is a very present perspective, like the world is in conflict and humans are greedy therefore we will never be content with a state without conflict and I think that is a bit ridiculous.

We had a thread on minimalism and most found that they felt better to not be constrained by their feelings of wanting more, to not feel overwhelmed by what they had. You can find countless subjective accounts of people feeling better when their minds are in a perspective of helping others, of meditation and being at peace, of being empathetic.

This idea that humans would hate a place of pure bliss seems like a very pessimistic philosophy at odds with the fact that everyone is trying to find ways to gain more contentment and satisfaction in their lives. When people try and self destruct their seemingly great lives, it is not because of the greatness, it is because they are not content or satisfied with a part of themselves.