• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
Rachel didn't actually mess up the wedding though, she only went to it. He said it because he was still hung up and in love with her while he was about to marry someone else. That was entirely his fault.

Dude has a laundry list of personal relationship fuck ups that he doesn't really learn from and instead spirals into self loathing.

Nah. She shows up and tells him that she just HAS to tell him something... then chickens out at the last moment with, "umm congratulations." It was completely obvious what she was going to say and that screwed with his head in a major way.

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
I'll never get why Mike seems to get a pass when people discuss what jerks the characters are.

The only crappy behaviour I remember from Mike is the stupid "rivalry" he had with David and changing his name to Crapbag to get Phoebe to change hers back from Princess Consuela Bananahammock. What else did he do that was terrible?

adamsappel

Oct 27, 2017
Schwimmer was the best actor on the show and had the biggest character range to portray. Though I think playing the dumb character is the best choice for an actor, because eventually the writers run out of clever ideas and just decide to make fun of the stupid one and they become the main role.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
The change to Phoebe post season 1 is the one that annoys me most. She's probably the funniest character in the first season, a bit weird, quirky etc. then she just becomes mean spirited and sex obsessed.

KillingJoke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
1. He only has 2 baby mamas. First one cheated on him, not his fault. The 2nd is Jennifer Aniston. This is a negative?
2. His cousin is Denise Richards.
3. Dude ate his sandwich that was clearly labeled and didn't even finish it. Fuck that shit.
4. Who wouldn't fuck their hot teacher/student if it's literally handed to them? Are you telling me most guys have good self control?
5. Literally everyone is a whiner on the internet in 2019. He won't stand out at all.

Everyone hates Ross because he's always right and has the balls to say it to your face.

Last edited:

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
You wanna analyze some truly terrible people? Look at JD and Elliot in Scrubs. Or Cox.

JD and Elliot have their issues, nearly all of which have to do with how they handle romantic relationships, but they're good people otherwise. Dr. Cox is absolutely an asshole but, again, he's actually a decent person who's been through a lot of trauma and uses that asshole presentation as a defense mechanism to keep others at a distance in hopes of avoiding more trauma.

Now if you had said... Todd, Janitor, Dr. Mickhead, or even Dr. Zeltzer... then you'd have an argument.

Oct 27, 2017
Because, desperate to do anything to save his marriage to Carol, he suggested they spice things up by having a threesome (suggested to him by someone), to which he was surprised when she immediately agreed. Susan was the third wheel who showed up and Ross was left out of it completely. Carol ended the relationship and shacked up with Susan, and applied for a divorce. Susan then became the one who ended his marriage, or he sees it much that way at least. It's an irrational but understandable reaction. Susan wasn't exactly giving reasons for Ross to like her either, to be fair. Both were quite snippy and insulting to each other right from the start of the show.

The suggestion of a threesome was in a "what-if" they had never got divorced originally episode. In the actual timeline, he never suggested that, Carol just spent a lot of time with her friend Susan from the gym which Ross was supportive of as she didn't have close friends like he did. She then got together with Susan, told Ross she was a lesbian and got a divorce.

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
In 2019 he'd be different. Also there's no issue with having children with multiple partners so long as he provides child care/money.

Also don't eat someone's food from the company fridge

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the show leaned on Schwimmer and Perry quite a lot to do the physical comedy, do the jokes and also the straight sentimental stuff.

Lupercal

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
1. He only has 2 baby mamas. First one cheated on him, not his fault. The 2nd is Jennifer Aniston. This is a negative?
2. His cousin is Dennis Richards.
3. Dude at his sandwich that was clearly labeled and didn't even finish it. Fuck that shit.
4. Who wouldn't fuck their hot teacher/student if it's literally handed to them? Are you telling me most guys have good self control?
5. Literally everyone is a whiner on the internet in 2019. He won't stand out at all.

Everyone hates Ross because he's always right and has the balls to say it to your face.
About sums it up, Ross is the best Friend.
Joey & Chandler are better together, worse when apart.

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
The suggestion of a threesome was in a "what-if" they had never got divorced originally episode. In the actual timeline, he never suggested that, Carol just spent a lot of time with her friend Susan from the gym which Ross was supportive of as she didn't have close friends like he did. She then got together with Susan, told Ross she was a lesbian and got a divorce.

Ah, that's right. Still plenty of reason for Ross to dislike Susan (who more than gave back when it came to the insults).

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah he really carried the show towards the end.

I think he handled his wife and the mother of his first child leaving him for another woman about as good as anyone could.

They had to stretch Rachel and Ross to the very end and that is annoying in any show, but it was a great show for what it was trying to do.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Ross had the opposite of a glow up

dude was an ok and sympathetic character at the beginning that gradually descends into being a shittier and shittier person.

entertaining as hell to watch though. still love this scene

DrFunk

Oct 25, 2017
This thread has made me realize that the women in Friends are portrayed waaaay worse than the men are o0

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Ross was fine, Monica was legit horrible and annoying, and had no redeeming qualities whatsoever. I'm surprised that she had friends.

What? Monica is the best friend. The best host and the one that cares the most of the crew. She's a bit of a maniac, but hey, we all have flaws!

What I find funny is that Ross start as a typical whiny nerd, but ok, and as things goes on and stuff happens to him (because of him or not) he just deeper and deeper into shit. The guy clearly has problems. Rachel too, they both have problems, and kinda connect to each other as such.

When I reached the point of Chandler marrying with Monica, and him reaching his father, I expected a lot worse from him after what I read on the internet. He accepted his father decisions and was happy of having him, but it's clear that what he's really afraid of is being mocked by society, which is still something that happens today.