Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
fenyx-rising.jpg

Play as Fenyx, a new winged demigod, on a quest to save the Greek gods and their home from a dark curse. Take on mythological beasts, master the legendary powers of the gods, and defeat Typhon, the deadliest Titan in Greek mythology, in an epic fight for the ages.

Immortals-Fenyx-Rising-packshots.jpg

Developer: Ubisoft Quebec
Publisher: Ubisoft
Engine:
Ubisoft Anvil
Release: December 3rd, 2020
Platforms: PC, PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series, Stadia, Amazon Luna
Genre: Action-Adventure
Single Player
Online: No
DLC: Post Launch & Season Pass Trailer
Demo: Yes, on Stadia
File Size: 14.7GB
Review Thread: Here

immortals-fenyx-rising-monster.original.jpg

Story: After an accident stranded Greek soldier Fenyx on the Golden Isle, they must rescue the Greek gods from the monster Typhon, who seeks revenge after he was banished by Zeus and the Greek gods to Tartaros.[The game features a light-hearted tone, with Prometheus being the game's main narrator and Zeus being the unreliable narrator.

Immortal-Fenyx-Rising-scaled.jpg

Questions:

1."Eww, I hate the UI elements, can I remove them?": Yes, you can! Every part of the UI is removable.
2. "So this is basically Breath of the Wild?": Immortals Fenyx Rising gets a lot of it's inspiration from Breath of the Wild, there is a stamina meter, there are shrine like puzzles, you can beat the final boss from the start of the game, and more! However this has it's own taste so please don't go into expecting just Breath of the Wild 2.0.
3. "I don't like the character design, can I change it?": Yes, you can! You create your own avatar, here's a video

immortal-fenyx-rising-dogde-sucessful.gif
immortal-fenyx-rising-call-mounts.gif

immortal-fenyx-rising-stun.gif

Last edited:

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Excited for this (post Cyberpunk). But excited.

The facial hair looks awful in this - like putting a fake beard on a baby.

Kattbuss

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
This looks really good. I'll have to wait till I finish Valhalla though. My brain can't handle two open worlds...

Fappenmeister

Dec 2, 2017
I'm enjoying myself with this so far as Amazon shipped this days early. Patch was ready to go on PS5 - performance and quality mode was added. There's a bit of screen tear without the patch, though.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
As a part Greek, I'm obliged to buy and 100% this game. I love the fact that there's no whitewashing in the game, even the gods speak with a heavy Greek accent.

Preordered on eShop, game truly looks astonishing on Switch.

Wowzors

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
Was the immortals x adventure time crossover just for that ad? I haven't seen anything else in regards to it.

T.I (uh oh)

Oct 29, 2017
As someone who won't be jumping into next gen until at least mid 2021, I'm really interested to see how this runs on base Xbox One, and Switch.
Hopefully someone like Digital Foundry do a deep dive.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll pick this up at some point in the future, this is Ubi we're talking about and it won't take long for the discounts to hit the game, that and I'm still busy with next-gen games and I'll be even busier once Cyberpunk releases. I'll wait to buy it whenever the gold edition goes on a nice sale.

Nice OT by the way.

Stuggernaut

Oct 28, 2017
Seattle, WA, USA
Been playing the crap out of the demo to get used to the controls (there is a surprising amount of stuff in that demo lol). This game is just scratching an itch for me, and looks like I may be on it day one.

Aquiel

Feb 8, 2020
Congratulations for the OT.

I want this game, but I will wait a DE with all DLC and more, and for a better price.

Wowzors

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
I noticed when clicking on the timer on ps5 it brings you to a page where you can select what to auto-download and install when the preload is available. The problem? It lists two full games and two add on contents (1 for ps5 and 1 for ps4) with absolutely no difference in the thumbnail or on the screen.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Do we know what the unlock times are? I am hoping to do the New Zealand trick on Series X, but not sure what time it unlocks in NZ. I am in the U.S. and it says it unlocks at 10pm 12/2, but hoping it unlocks for NZ sometime tomorrow (since I am off).

FrsDvl

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know what the unlock times are? I am hoping to do the New Zealand trick on Series X, but not sure what time it unlocks in NZ. I am in the U.S. and it says it unlocks at 10pm 12/2, but hoping it unlocks for NZ sometime tomorrow (since I am off).

Just change your location to New Zealand and check the store page for the game. It'll indicate the New Zealand unlock time that way. I'd check but I can't right now

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Does anyone know if the conceit of the gods' narration that is present in the demo continues in the actual game? Or was that just a unique thing for the demo? It reaaaaaalllly turned me off.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know if the conceit of the gods' narration that is present in the demo continues in the actual game? Or was that just a unique thing for the demo? It reaaaaaalllly turned me off.

It is in the game. The story is framed as Prometheus telling it to Zeus and they bicker about parts of it.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Hope this tides me over until 2077 releases, enjoyed the demo on Stadia. Thank god for Ubisoft+, has been a real wallet saver between this, Valhalla, and Legion.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Hope this tides me over until 2077 releases, enjoyed the demo on Stadia. Thank god for Ubisoft+, has been a real wallet saver between this, Valhalla, and Legion.
How similar is it to the AC games? I know open-world is Ubisoft's forte, but I can't play another game like Valhalla right now. That game was too god damn long.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
UPlay+ subscription putting in work this past month! Super excited to try this out, enjoyed the Stadia demo a lot. The world looks so vibrant, super excited about puzzle solving and I dig the visual style a lot!

Abi

Jun 3, 2020
Super Bunnyhop seems to really like it. It's worth noting that he wasn't a fan of Breath of the Wild. I really want to play this day one but DQXI comes out a day later and I want to play that more lol

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Pro tip. If you are gonna play it it on Xbox but gonna get the disc. You can preload the game already through the xbox app on mobile.

Janus

Oct 18, 2020
Didn't know Super Bunnyhop didn't like BotW that much. Fenyx does seem to be very similar, that's why it's a bit surprising that he is so positive about Fenyx.

Watched his video on BotW and in that video and a few points he complained about were:
- Samey shrine environment and music.
- Shrine rewards aren't rewarding.
- Boring side quests with a few exceptions (Tarrey Town, Eventide Island)

Would have expected that some of those points would also apply to Fenyx.

Oct 26, 2017
Is uplay+ coming to consoles at all? I wanted to play this on ps5, but dam id much rather just play it on PC for the cost

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Didn't know Super Bunnyhop didn't like BotW that much. Fenyx does seem to be very similar, that's why it's a bit surprising that he is so positive about Fenyx.

Watched his video on BotW and in that video and a few points he complained about were:
- Samey shrine environment and music.
- Shrine rewards aren't rewarding.
- Boring side quests with a few exceptions (Tarrey Town, Eventide Island)

Would have expected that some of those points would also apply to Fenyx.
Exactly the reason why I'm kind of excited for Fenyx as I have the same complaints about BoTW. A game inspired by BoTW but with a somehow competent story and improved combat sounds like a great game. Might pick this up after Cyberpunk.