• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Heraldic

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Can't wait for these companies to mine the data on what modes players choose most.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Outside of resolutions (which I can't really tell as I sit watching this on my 1080p monitor at my desk), it looks like shadow distances are a biggie. When she's flying in at the start you can see the shadows fade in much, much closer to the character on the performance mode.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
I appreciate this trend of more games allowing the user to choose between Res/Perf modes.

Hopefully games with RT also universally adapt an RT off for higher performance option.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I have really high hopes for this game - I've been looking for a BotW experience without replaying BotW since I want that "new/first-time" feeling. I hope this title soars. It would be a shame for it to crash and burn.

Pachinko

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Say what you will about the artstyle but I honestly don't know why you'd want to cut your framerate in half for more shit flying around on the screen. The 2 modes look virtually identical outside of that and it was honestly kind of distracting to have that massive cloud of stuff combined with a low frame rate.

Oct 25, 2017
Performance mode 100%.

Very excited for the full release. The Stadia demo, even with its terrible performance issues, was still a blast. Hopefully the fun doesn't wear out too soon.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Tbh the game doesn't really look good enough to sacrifice the performance. I mean it does look good, but that's more down to the art style than anything technical.

Will be performance mode for me.

DeeDubs

Oct 28, 2017
I want to play this eventually, but something about the combat just reminds me of old God of War or Kingdoms of Amalur. Which I am not a fan of personally.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
the red bar under "performance mode" and "quality mode" made it seem like those were boss names

Mentosrock

Nov 4, 2019
The UI of this game is hideous.. They should have just stuck more closely to BOTW if they were already gonna ape from it this much.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Man i have completely lost any sense to how graphics look these days. Aside from the framerate i can't tell any difference...

spartan112g

Banned
May 5, 2018
Is it just me, or does performance mode make the screen just look cleaner in general due to the 60 FPS?

I have really high hopes for this game - I've been looking for a BotW experience without replaying BotW since I want that "new/first-time" feeling. I hope this title soars. It would be a shame for it to crash and burn.
Have I introduced you to my friend, Genshin Impact?

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Performance mode it is. Game looks decent and different from the plethora of uninteresting Ubi games we've seen for a while now, so hopefully it'll end up being a good game to consider buying for next-gen consoles.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
The most ResetEra first post of all time.

That said, the game looks really clean and fun, looking forward to trying it out.

Im pretty sure he's posted that exact sentence in several threads about this game. Or at least someone has posted that almost word for word thing multiple times. We've known long enough what this game is and what it looks like you'd think people would know not to go into a thread about it but guess some people are compelled to make the the same tired jokes a thousand times for whatever reason.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Graphics mode looks off to me, like the framerate looks lower than 30. Maybe it's a frame pacing issue? Or it's the switch between the two that makes it look much lower.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
I enjoyed yeeting the fuck out of everyone in this game in the little bit I played on Stadia, 60fps for sure.

Stoney Mason

Oct 25, 2017
As mentioned by others I hope quality/performance is an option distinction that stays for the entire gen. I'm always willing to sacrifice bells and whistles for a more solid performance option.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Played the beta on this and by default the UI has way too many elements. Scale it back and it becomes much more fun.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
As long as the IQ is sharp in performance mode i will always choose that one over quality...well except miles morales :D

I think the games will look amazing IQ wise this gen even in performance mode

Franco_Tech

Oct 30, 2017
I wanted to play this but Ill wait. played the living shit out of Genshin Impact an this look similar. Will wait until my burn wears off.

basefree

Jan 24, 2018
Can't really tell the difference between the two honestly. There will no doubt be more detailed comparisons but it looks like I'll be playing this on performance mode when I eventually get it.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Im pretty sure he's posted that exact sentence in several threads about this game. Or at least someone has posted that almost word for word thing multiple times. We've known long enough what this game is and what it looks like you'd think people would know not to go into a thread about it but guess some people are compelled to make the the same tired jokes a thousand times for whatever reason.

It looks more like they just want to troll at this point

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Performance mode seems like the way to go for this. Not seeing much of a difference really.

I played the Stadia demo and it was pretty fun. Might not get it on day one but I'll get it at some point for sure.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
i have a hard time seeing any difference in visual fidelity between the two modes even in 4k. Maybe softer shadows?

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tried on stadia. Terrible game. And it should be 4k60. It doesn't look anything good. 4k30 on current gen 4k60 on next.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
Quality every time.

Frame rates rarely bother me unless they're jumping all over the place, and even then I can adjust easily.

Relly

Banned
Oct 19, 2019
why cant you choose 1440p 60fps max quality? or is it already at 1440p 60 in performance mode>?

TeraDax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Québec
Look really nice, but since I'm a madman, I'll be playing this on Switch :P

Hope this will be at least as good a port as Starlink

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
i have a hard time seeing any difference in visual fidelity between the two modes even in 4k. Maybe softer shadows?
Shadows from dynamic objects like enemies pop-in later in performance mode (see 0:24). There are also fewer particles at the same time on screen but this could be due to other reasons than performance mode (see 1:57).

Apart from that I don't see anything else in motion. Maybe you'd need to compare two still frames. And if that's required to spot the difference it's probably best to go for higher fps.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Missed this vid. To be fair i must say the combat and the visual effects look pretty good

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Rapid questions with Gameinformer. So good info in it. Also new gameplay

20 to 30 hours length + 15 hours of you want to do everything in the game

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
really excited for this. but the lack of hype combined with being a ubisoft game means the price will sink like a stone. i'll grab it for half price a month after release