• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I'm way more interested in the Chinese expansion but it should have been its own game tbh
I get the feeling that this might might end up being a one-and-done game that won't get a sequel, like Starlink.

Hopefully I'm wrong since I really liked the demo and I think it'll be a really good game in the end, but if it doesn't get a sequel, at least we're getting a taste of some other mythological regions through this DLC.

RebelDeux

Nov 20, 2017
Maybe they're giving a shot/showcase to the Chinese mythos because the next entry could be all about Egyptian mythology and then the other one about Norse or Aztecs and they won't have the opportunity to show the Chinese one.

I'm more excited to try this game but will wait for reviews and price drop, nice that they are releasing it on the Switch.

Mr.Branding

Banned
May 11, 2018
Guys, I've been eyeing this game since it was Gods and Monsters but is the main character fixed.?
Some switch previews state that Fenyx is the girl on the cover and she is the main character but the recent SkillUp preview shows a character creator of sorts.
Which one is it?

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Guys, I've been eyeing this game since it was Gods and Monsters but is the main character fixed. Some switch previews state that Fenyx is the girl on the cover and she is the main character but the recent SkillUp preview shows a character creator of sorts.
Which one is it?

So yes, Fenyx is your character and the girl on the cover is the default, but you're free to make whoever you want.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Maybe they're giving a shot/showcase to the Chinese mythos because the next entry could be all about Egyptian mythology and then the other one about Norse or Aztecs and they won't have the opportunity to show the Chinese one.

I'm more excited to try this game but will wait for reviews and price drop, nice that they are releasing it on the Switch.

Already so many games that feature Greek/Roman mythology, and you want the next game to be about NORSE, aka the second most used mythology?

In the words of Yahtzee Croshaw (yes, he's still around), why don't we have a game about Zoroastrianism? I don't know anything about Zarathustra...other than he spake once!

Oct 27, 2017
Did they... spoiled the end of the game?!

Lol, yeah that was my first thought too!

Hopefully they are setting the stage for a full-fat Eastern mythos sequel.

I would be really annoyed if they take the franchise through the "Greek-Egyptian-Norse" trifecta.

A game exploring the mythology of China or India would be very interesting. Or basically anything outside of the oft-covered ones like those you mentioned. The China DLC looks really interesting but I would have preferred if this were held back for a sequel rather than a smaller DLC for the main game.