• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sobriquet

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wilmington, NC
giphy.gif

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
It looked like we were about to get a vote, but no. This. Never. Fucking. Ends.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Don't these congress men and woman want to go home?

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really understand... Do they stop at some point? Or does this just go forever.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Can Nadler hold a vote to move on to the articles?

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
A guy just said on CNN that Nadler can block further amendments. NADLER FUCKING STOP THIS SHIT.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't necessarily want him to be president or anything, but seeing swalwell in these hearing makes me kind of regret how crappy people treated his campaign.
I've thought the same throughout these inquiries cause he's been one of the best. At the same time, if he were still running he might've behaved differently. I like what we've got.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Is this finally the last one?

Last edited:

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Sh8t, I didnt know they were streaming the new season of the Walking dead live. Amc really uped the makeup budget since last i watched.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
Anything Trump says after the fact doesn't mean shit if he won't do it under oath.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Attack the process... attack the process... that's all they have. And it's incredibly obvious and weak.

pargonta

Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
So why Nadler letting them do this? I think rules say he can stop it.

the alternative is republicans crying about being muffled, not having their own day to talk, etc etc. by fully allowing each person to speak on each amendment it removes that complaint

Quick summary request.
I saw 0 seconds of this today

Debating the 2 articles of impeachment person by person in 5 minutes increments, debating 3 or 4 amendments to the articles with another 5 minutes per person( each amendment a bad faith effort by republicans to change the language of the articles.

Debate of amendment 4 is about to end, they will then vote on the 2 articles, I believe.

OP
OP
stew

stew

Dec 2, 2017
Quick summary request.
There have been five votes so far: one to eliminate the first article on abuse of power, a second to strike a reference to former Vice President Joe Biden, a third to note the aid withheld from Ukraine was eventually released, a fourth to strike entire second amendment on obstruction of Congress and a fifth to strike the last lines in each article. All were voted down and along party lines.

amoy

Oct 28, 2017
Just giving them enough rope I hope -_-

OT, I'm seeing Boris Jo on the news right now and shit isn't looking good.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Quick summary request.
Democrats: "*insert backstory* The president of the united states has abused the power of his office to gain a personal and political gain by threatening a foreign leader to hold vital military and monetary aid unless he announces an investigation on his 2020 political rival. The evidence are clear and we need to prove the president isn't above the law, we need to impeach this president."

Republicans: "You have nothing, no proof, no substance. This investigation is sham, a travesty, a circus, a joke, a farce, an abuse of democrat power. This is the best president ever and please let me get a napkin out so that I can wipe that cheetos juice on my face. We should be sorry and apologize for this harassment campaign that lasted 3 years so far."

Nadler: *So now we're going to vo-*

Republican: "Mr. Chairman I'd like to introduce an amendment to one of the articles."

*Amendment gets debated for minimum 2 hours and refused*

RESET THE CLOCK X1000

Last edited:

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
RIght now not as ashamed as an British person
I'm a brit. Living in the US.

Wondering what the fuck I'll do if the unlikely happens next year and Trump gets reelected. Things never looked uncomfortable for Boris in the polling. The US still has a lot of hope.

And I hope, it has even more this time next year, so I can start the process to become a US citizen.

Failing that, I guess I'll be Irish, since that's a path open to me as well.

pargonta

Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
..I think Nadler just made republicans bloviate and talk their dumb talking points for hours, only to isolate the vote for tomorrow?

rekt, unless he surprised democrats too, cause I would probably be mad

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Republicans sure love wasting taxpayer dollars to suck Trump ass
I'm a brit. Living in the US.

Wondering what the fuck I'll do if the unlikely happens next year and Trump gets reelected. Things never looked uncomfortable for Boris in the polling. The US still has a lot of hope.

And I hope, it has even more this time next year, so I can start the process to become a US citizen.

Failing that, I guess I'll be Irish, since that's a path open to me as well.
God knows what Ireland's gonna end up like now.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Democrats: "*insert backstory* The president of the united states has abused the power of his office to gain a personal and political gain by threatening a foreign leader to hold vital military and monetary aid unless he announces an investigation on his 2020 political rival. The evidence are clear and we need to prove the president isn't above the law, we need to impeach this president."

Republicans: "You have nothing, no proof, no substance. This investigation is sham, a travesty, a circus, a joke, a farce, an abuse of democrat power. This is the best president ever and please let me get a napkin out so that I can wipe that cheetos juice on my face. We should be sorry and apologize for this harassment campaign that lasted 3 years so far."

Republican: "Mr. Chairman I'd like to introduce an amendment to one of the articles."

RESET THE CLOCK X1000
Fuck I hate these people.

At least it's reassuring how often they convince us that we're in the right

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017

RESET THE CLOCK X1000
It's funny Republicans are the ones to call these hearings a circus, when to my knowledge, THEY are the only ones propping those stupid propaganda poster boards in the back of the chamber. The fuckin' "Floating Head" one. THEY are always doing that shit, more than the Dems do it. They are clowns whining about a circus.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus fucking Christ Collins is the worst. It's like every fucking day a dip shit republican has to one up another one on who can be the biggest fucking dumbass in the history of time.