• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
I want all the GOP to die or go away. im no longer fucking joking around. FUCK THESE PEOPLE. Fuck the stupid people who voted for them. Fuck anyone who supports them. Fuck all republlicans. I dont fucking give a fucking shit anymore. Im so fucking sick of this bullshit coming out of the GOP. They know their demographics are looking bad and so they are going to lie cheat and steal and probably even kill to stay in power. Im so fucking angry right now.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
https://twitter.com/govmikehuckabee/status/1205211276005101568

"I'll be on @seanhannity 2nite @FoxNews at 9pm ET and will explain how @realDonaldTrump will be eligible for a 3rd term due to the illegal attempts by Comey, Dems, and media , et al attempting to oust him as @POTUS so that's why I was named to head up the 2024 re-election," Huckabee tweeted."

Please hurry Dems!

Don't even give this clicks they are talking out of their ass. You wan to assure they don't try anything then vote the scum out in 2020 so they NY state and others can commence prosecuting them.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly find it more hilarious than anything that these people have no ideas beyond more Trump, because they can't even begin to imagine how they can possibly fill the insanity vacuum that he inevitably leaves behind. So instead of planning for the future they're hedging bets on pushing president Jabba around in a wheelchair in 2036 while he's being intravenously fed cheeseburgers and dictating tweets at Mexico to go fuck itself.

Last edited:

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I honestly find it more hilarious than anything that these people have no ideas beyond more Trump, because they can't even begin to imagine how they can possibly fill the insanity vacuum that he inevitably leaves behind. So instead of planning for the future they're hedging bets on pushing president Jabba around in a wheelchair in 2036 while he's being intravenously fed cheeseburgers and dictating tweets at Mexico to go fuck itself.
The main saving grace of this whole Trump saga is that the GOP have fucking nobody "capable" of filling Trump's shoes. The GOP is the party of Trump now, functionally a Stalin/Mao-ist cult of personality, and once he leaves office either at the end of next year or after the four years after, the GOP are completely devoid of people who can appeal to the base in the same way. The Trump presidency is in a sense a ticking time bomb that the GOP doesn't want to go off but can't stop. And good luck convincing the entire nation to remove the presidential term limits, even for Trump, he's too divisive a figure to achieve that goal, the guy can't even win the popular vote.

I expect in 2024, regardless of what happens, the cavalcade of GOP nominees that happened in 2016 will happen again, this time with some newcomers attempting to mimic Trump.

Last edited:

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
The main saving grace of this whole Trump saga is that the GOP have fucking nobody "capable" of filling Trump's shoes. The GOP is the party of Trump now, functionally a Stalin/Mao-ist cult of personality, and once he leaves office either at the end of next year or after the four years after, the GOP are completely devoid of people who can appeal to the base in the same way. The Trump presidency is in a sense a ticking time bomb that the GOP doesn't want to go off but can't stop. And good luck convincing the entire nation to remove the presidential term limits, even for Trump, he's too divisive a figure to achieve that goal, the guy can't even win the popular vote.

I expect in 2024, regardless of what happens, the cavalcade of GOP nominees that happened in 2016 will happen again, this time with some newcomers attempting to mimic Trump.

What about Trump Jr.? ☹️

Magni

Good thing we have history to reassure us, given that the Communist parties of the USSR and China crumbled immediately after the deaths of Stalin and Mao.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017

I dunno. I seriously don't understand how Trump got the following he has, but it's hard to believe that others can't follow in his footsteps. I'm afraid the GOP has learned that they can just completely ignore reality and say whatever nonsense comes to mind with zero repercussions.

I mean, if Trump was able get away with spewing bullshit in the primaries when prominent members of the GOP and the right-wing media were still trying to be sane, now that the Republicans are in lockstep on Team Gaslight it can only be easier for them, right?

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good thing we have history to reassure us, given that the Communist parties of the USSR and China crumbled immediately after the deaths of Stalin and Mao.
Well, those are completely different circumstances - 1) Stalin and Mao had relatively competent successors who actively steered their countries away from cults of personality-type rule (de-Stalinization started happening soon after the man himself died, and now there is concern within the CCP that Xi Jinping is becoming Mao 2.0 due to increasing consolidation of his power), and 2) they ruled authoritarian states, not democracies. When Trump is out, his successors will have to contend with whomever is the Democrat nominee/president in 2024, some of whom are notably appealing. The appeal simply isn't there amongst the GOP contenders.

I dunno. I seriously don't understand how Trump got the following he has, but it's hard to believe that others can't follow in his footsteps. I'm afraid the GOP has learned that they can just completely ignore reality and say whatever nonsense comes to mind with zero repercussions.

I mean, if Trump was able get away with spewing bullshit in the primaries when prominent members of the GOP and the right-wing media were still trying to be sane, now that the Republicans are in lockstep on Team Gaslight it can only be easier for them, right?
Trump blustered his way to the presidency via a few main things - his fame as a celebrity, his status as a very notable rich businessman making voters see him as a competent businessman (despite all evidence to the contrary), and his willingess to "tell it how it is". His personality appealed significantly to quite a few people who voted for him.

The rest of the GOP contenders aren't celebrities, nor do they have his business "reputation" or his personality. Besides, even Trump's cult of personality wasn't able to prevent the 2018 blue wave that handed control of congress over to the Democrats, so electorally, he is hardly invincible, meaning any potential successors have a significantly harder challenge at the polls.

Deleted member 41502

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 28, 2018

Yeah. I feel like we've been saying "the gop is dead" for a decade, yet somehow they're like a million miles away from it. I'm more nervous about the Democratic party ripping itself in two or three at this point.

Democrats always win if they just get out and vote though. They just.... don't come out and vote most of the time.

Magni

Well, those are completely different circumstances - 1) Stalin and Mao had relatively competent successors who actively steered their countries away from cults of personality-type rule (de-Stalinization started happening soon after the man himself died, and now there is concern within the CCP that Xi Jinping is becoming Mao 2.0 due to increasing consolidation of his power), and 2) they ruled authoritarian states, not democracies. When Trump is out, his successors will have to contend with whomever is the Democrat nominee/president in 2024, some of whom are notably appealing. The appeal simply isn't there amongst the GOP contenders.

Trump blustered his way to the presidency via a few main things - his fame as a celebrity, his status as a very notable rich businessman making voters see him as a competent businessman (despite all evidence to the contrary), and his willingess to "tell it how it is". His personality appealed significantly to quite a few people who voted for him.

The rest of the GOP contenders aren't celebrities, nor do they have his business "reputation" or his personality. Besides, even Trump's cult of personality wasn't able to prevent the 2018 blue wave that handed control of congress over to the Democrats, so electorally, he is hardly invincible, meaning any potential successors have a significantly harder challenge at the polls.

My post was tongue in cheek. That said, I don't think the GOP will die with Trump due to our FPTP system and the high barrier to entry for a new political faction to gain significant power.

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
"I have to get up at 10 am in the morning? This is Stalinesque! The democrats are effectively relegating my sleep schedule to a Gulag!"

Deleted member 20630

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hasn't the GOP rescheduled important votes behind the backs of Democrats so fewer of them would be present to vote for/against legislation? Am I crazy? Because I'm pretty sure they have used that tactic multiple times.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017

Sumasshu1

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory whataboutism concerning bigotry, tone policing
I want all the GOP to die or go away. im no longer fucking joking around. FUCK THESE PEOPLE. Fuck the stupid people who voted for them. Fuck anyone who supports them. Fuck all republlicans. I dont fucking give a fucking shit anymore. Im so fucking sick of this bullshit coming out of the GOP. They know their demographics are looking bad and so they are going to lie cheat and steal and probably even kill to stay in power. Im so fucking angry right now.
The double standard of what is allowed to be said on ResetEra is mind boggling. Calm down.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
They'd better great straight to the fucking votes today.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
Lol! That Collins piece of shit crying in that presser. "They draagggg this 14 hours !!" It was literally you guys that made this clown show...

Call these idiots out.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
The double standard of what is allowed to be said on ResetEra is mind boggling. Calm down.

I find it hard to get mad at armchair revolutionaries calling for blood when their targets not only will never suffer from an ounce of that aggression, but will use civility to their advantage when actually ruining and ending the lives of innocent people.

Report it and let the mods will deal with it so we don't get put on a watch list if you're so bothered.

MadScientist

Oct 27, 2017
I saw an interesting point about impeaching Trump. So Trump will be impeached and most likely not convicted in the Senate. Say he does win a second term, what do we do to stop him from cheating and abusing power? In his mind, he'll think he got away with it. Can we impeach him again and if we do, what difference would that make if we can't convict him. Will be interesting to see how everything plays out.

Sumasshu1

Oct 27, 2017
I find it hard to get mad at armchair revolutionaries calling for blood when their targets not only will never suffer from an ounce of that aggression, but will use civility to their advantage when actually ruining and ending the lives of innocent people.

Report it and let the mods will deal with it so we don't get put on a watch list if you're so bothered.
I did. You can't deny that if anyone said that exact same thing but replaced GOP with Democratic Party they would be banned. I understand emotions are high, but this kind of speech doesn't help anything.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
I saw an interesting point about impeaching Trump. So Trump will be impeached and most likely not convicted in the Senate. Say he does win a second term, what do we do to stop him from cheating and abusing power? In his mind, he'll think he got away with it. Can we impeach him again and if we do, what difference would that make if we can't convict him. Will be interesting to see how everything plays out.
Impeach him again. Gotta hold him in check. Dems should hang on to the House I hope.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
He can be impeached again

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If he gets impeached but acquitted which is very likely, is Trump losing any privilege as an impeached president?

IDK like, will it be harder for him to use executive privilege, pass law, etc? That is until the next election. Or will he just have 'impeached' as an asterisk next to is name? :lol

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
I did. You can't deny that if anyone said that exact same thing but replaced GOP with Democratic Party they would be banned. I understand emotions are high, but this kind of speech doesn't help anything.
Democrat politicians aren't actively coordinating to secure a fascist, racist, xenophobic, hateful regime that focuses on expanding cruelty over minorities in the name of white power, but sure, both sides are the same.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017

Probably people just give less of a shit and don't bother to report it.

The GOP do lie and cheat and steal and kill (as already demonstrated by the myriad of shooters emboldened by GOP rhetoric) to stay in power. The Dems, for all their faults, don't.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
If he gets impeached but acquitted which is very likely, is Trump losing any privilege as an impeached president?

IDK like, will it be harder for him to use executive privilege, pass law, etc? That is until the next election. Or will he just have 'impeached' as an asterisk next to is name? :lol

As far as his tenure in office is concerned, just an asterisk. The exercise is to show that he is not above being held accountable, and in the Senate falling to convict showing corruption on the opposing side. They are playing for a political victory and that is where he will hurt.

Cien

Oct 25, 2017
Democrat politicians aren't actively coordinating to secure a fascist, racist, xenophobic, hateful regime that focuses on expanding cruelty over minorities in the name of white power, but sure, both sides are the same.

People think they are being slick with their stealth "both sides" rhetoric.

Hopefully the mods see through that nonsense.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I saw a CBS stream scheduled for the vote TODAY?! Is that actually really happening? I'm sure they won't go to the vote immediately, but holy shit I would love to see the vote today.

I know he'll get acquitted in the Senate (and honestly I would rather him not get removed unless they can take out Pence along with him, and the answer to that is likely no).

Oct 29, 2017
I saw a CBS stream scheduled for the vote TODAY?! Is that actually really happening? I'm sure they won't go to the vote immediately, but holy shit I would love to see the vote today.

I know he'll get acquitted in the Senate (and honestly I would rather him not get removed unless they can take out Pence along with him, and the answer to that is likely no).

Yeah, this morning at 10am EST

Titanpaul

Jan 2, 2019

Vote in the judiciary. Full house next week.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018

It's just the House Judiciary vote

Oct 26, 2017
Daily Drive on Spotify today said Republicans were outraged last night when the vote was delayed. Can anyone explain why? I thought that was their whole goal with all the amendments and shit?