• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
Just wanted to reiterate that Fiona Hill is fantastic. Repubs were scared of her and for good reason. Hopefully the judiciary says fuck it and brings her back for a hearing when they take over. Or hopefully by this time Bolton would stop being a pathetic coward. Or just have both.

Absolutely. It might be him I am mad at the most. Nunes and Jordan are uneducated morons, and I don't expect anything from them. Hurd is an ex-undercover CIA agent. He knows how absolutely dangerous, reckless, and illegal Trump's behavior is, but he is putting party first. And he's retiring, so you think that would make him think with his brain, but apparently that is too much for him.

Yep, same. And it pisses me off even more that he's going to sail into the sunset on his bullshit, truly believing that he's "above it all" and it's everyone else who is a partisan and thus wrong.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
No one here is under any allusions that the Senate will remove him. He will 100% be "cleared" there by the GOP.

I just can't wait to hear from the likes of Collins and other vulnerable Repubs what their justifications are. How are they going to explain to the American people and their constituents that they voted to make it perfectly okay for a POTUS to bribe a foreign country for political gain? They are giving every future president the greenlight to do so, Trump included.

They vote to clear him and there's literally nothing stopping Trump from calling his buddy Vlad or Kim or Erdogan or even one of our allies and asking for the same shit again.

They're going to be absent when it comes time to vote.

greatgeek

Oct 25, 2017
Just wanted to reiterate that Fiona Hill is fantastic. Repubs were scared of her and for good reason. Hopefully the judiciary says fuck it and brings her back for a hearing when they take over. Or hopefully by this time Bolton would stop being a pathetic coward. Or just have both.
I suspect that, if there is any testimony that will move Republicans to reason, it might be Bolton's. Multiple witnesses have testified to his familiarity with the events and his abhorrence to the Ukraine shakedown scheme (it's worth noting that he resigned right before this thing blew up). And he had access to Trump that the other witnesses didn't. Democrats should do everything (that doesn't delay the process too much) they can to compel Bolton's testimony.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing how the Republicans will be in charge of the Senate trial, are we going to see a bunch of "witnesses" paraded out to testify about every conspiracy theory Nunes has been pushing?

I can see the trial turning into an absolutely ridiculous circus.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
I suspect that, if there is any testimony that will move Republicans to reason, it might be Bolton's. Multiple witnesses have testified to his familiarity with the events and his abhorrence to the Ukraine shakedown scheme (it's worth noting that he resigned right before this thing blew up). And he had access to Trump that the other witnesses didn't. Democrats should do everything (that doesn't delay the process too much) they can to compel Bolton's testimony.

Yeah, Monday will be important as that's the ruling on McGahn. I think that will be the signal for a lot of people, including Bolton, that our constitution still matters. House dropped Kupperman suit largely because this one was already more advanced. We'll see.

Friday is also important with the SCOTUS ruling or not a stay in Mazars ahead of what then might very likely be an appeal taken by the court. But still possible Congress could have a whole ton of information before end of day tomorrow. We shall see.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
so even after 5th day of incredibly incriminating evidence and testimony from credible sources, GOP and Fox news is 100% behind trump. What can we expect next?

Impeachment in the house before year's end. Then a sham trial in the senate, Trump gets acquitted by a party line vote and declares "victory", and by then we're into primary season...

Seeing how the Republicans will be in charge of the Senate trial, are we going to see a bunch of "witnesses" paraded out to testify about every conspiracy theory Nunes has been pushing?

I can see the trial turning into an absolutely ridiculous circus.

I think you can pretty much count on it, sadly...

Last edited:

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
if he doesnt get removed that means no president can ever be impeached and removed from office.. This is VERY dangerous.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
No that doesn't mean that at all.
Impeachment even without removal is still very politically damaging if done for the right reasons
HOW?! How when fucking GOP fucksticks are just going to say hes innocent REGARDLESS of the evidence presented and call it a polictal sham. HOW is it damaging?! im so fucking sick of this.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
I think there is no fucking way an impeached unpopular president wins re-election unless he cheats
And based on the discovery of his cheating attempts, i feel like his goons will be less willing to cheat.
plushalf of them are in prison now haha

trumps in shit shape, and I forecast a loss for him in 2020, with a possibility of Dems having the trifecta if we win hard enough

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
HOW?! How when fucking GOP fucksticks are just going to say hes innocent REGARDLESS of the evidence presented and call it a polictal sham. HOW is it damaging?! im so fucking sick of this.

Because people get to see the evidence?

I'm sick of it too, but doing the right thing as best as you can is what you can do. If he's not removed then you vote him out.

No impeaching him is more dangerous

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Because people get to see the evidence?

I'm sick of it too, but doing the right thing as best as you can is what you can do. If he's not removed then you vote him out.

No impeaching him is more dangerous

the evidence shows he committed a crime. Point blank. Its all there. fuck hearsay these witnesses were under oath thats a trial by law and their word is solid.

by all means i am glad hes going to be impeached. But he needs to be removed as well as he is very dangerous and is causing damage with our allies aka Ukraine who btw still havent received 35 million of that money. I bet the orange fucker is pocketing it.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
I feel like I post this every day:
projects.fivethirtyeight.com

How Popular Is Donald Trump?

FiveThirtyEight is tracking Donald Trump’s approval ratings throughout his presidency.

look at the first 3 or so months post inauguration.
he will never be as popular as the day he won.
he barely won.
he lost by proxy in: 2018, and in fucking ALABAMA, KENTUCKY, and LOUSIANA

His base is LOUD.
That's because idiots usually are.
but his base has shrunk.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
the evidence shows he committed a crime. Point blank. Its all there. fuck hearsay these witnesses were under oath thats a trial by law and their word is solid.
It's when you gotta admit to yourself the sad truth: america is a fucking sham, and we are only good when we are moving away from how bad we are. Right now we are in a bad stage, and we will be good when WE all go vote in 2020.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

by all means i am glad hes going to be impeached. But he needs to be removed as well as he is very dangerous and is causing damage with our allies aka Ukraine who btw still havent received 35 million of that money. I bet the orange fucker is pocketing it.

Yes he's dangerous and he should have been impeached after his first violation. (the day he took office)

If he survives impeachment
If people vote, he can't win.
All we can do is do our best to keep pushing. What's the alternative? Despair doesn't accomplish anything

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
It's when you gotta admit to yourself the sad truth: america is a fucking sham, and we are only good when we are moving away from how bad we are. Right now we are in a bad stage, and we will be good when WE all go vote in 2020.

Just hope to god we keep the house. Otherwise they will impeach a dem president for a tiny fucking slip up.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Yes he's dangerous and he should have been impeached after his first violation. (the day he took office)

If he survives impeachment
If people vote, he can't win.
All we can do is do our best to keep pushing. What's the alternative? Despair doesn't accomplish anything

what does that matter when it looks like Russia is going to attack our 2020 election even harder. What if vote rolls are changed. What if votes are actually changed. like..what the fuck is the fallback? Election night comes and he wins by a landslide cause russia interfered and there is fuck all we can do about it.

fucking turtle wont allow more election security.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
what does that matter when it looks like Russia is going to attack our 2020 election even harder. What if vote rolls are changed. What if votes are actually changed. like..what the fuck is the fallback? Election night comes and he wins by a landslide cause russia interfered and there is fuck all we can do about it.

fucking turtle wont allow more election security.

You keep fighting.
Support progressive politicians that are actually willing to fight and enact change.
Support political organizations that are seeking reform at the local level.
Support local politics and improve your own community as much as possible

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
reminder that if people hadn't gone out to vote like they did in 2018, a midterm which historically has low dem turnout, we wouldn't even be having this impeachment trial.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
unless russia interferes again.
Did they actually hack votes?
Idk if that was ever stated.
I know some fuck shit wentdown in Florida and we will never know becuase of Desantis, but, if the russians aren't actually hacking the voting results, all we need to do is fight back by voting anyways, regardless of what we get forwarded on Facebook haha

Phife Dawg

Oct 27, 2017
That closing statement from Schiff was powerful stuff. I am not from the US (though I do have ties) but it hit the right notes even for me. Dr Hill was amazing, you are lucky such gifted individuals work for your state. I was absolutely shocked to see the state of the repub reps, all carbon copies of the moronic, fear mongering and conspiracy theories spouting idiots you read online. No decency at all. I am a bit puzzled, when we went to California, Nevada and Arizona on a road trip we met quite a few Trump supporters and while I did not agree with their viewpoints most of the time we could have a civilised discussion and they were decent people. I wonder how they feel being represented by that...let me quote the president..."human scum". I hope they see them for what they are now and flip.

May 21, 2018
After more than a week of public testimonies, support for impeachment among independents in the polls is..... dwindling.

Now it's just one poll and I can't speak on the validity of it. My theory is that these people either,

1) See politics as theater, and now that they've gotten a week of impeachment hearings they're bored of it.

2) They don't want to think about politics in their lives, and they think impeachment makes them think more about politics.

Or they were all Trumpers in reality and when confronted by evidence against their god they get more defensive.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
After more than a week of public testimonies, support for impeachment among independents in the polls is..... dwindling.

Now it's just one poll and I can't speak on the validity of it. My theory is that these people either,

1) See politics as theater, and now that they've gotten a week of impeachment hearings they're bored of it.

2) They don't want to think about politics in their lives, and they think impeachment makes them think more about politics.

Or they were all Trumpers in reality and when confronted by evidence against their god they get more defensive.

It's Emerson, they're always an outlier.

RedBlue

Oct 27, 2017
Queens, NY

my take for a majority of people that I know that identify themselves as independents are just republicans who don't want to call themselves republicans. It was nice to see some C-Span independent callers actually say that they think Trump is guilty.

TheExecutive

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Then we figure that out when it comes.

Just make sure EVERYONE who can vote does so. That's priority #1
It's really as simple as this. The more people who go out and vote the less chance Trump has to win. The Republicans with each passing year become more and more reliant on voter apathy due to boomers starting to die off.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017

2 Is most Americans. And itsbwhy Biden will be the nom.

One issue that really is both sides.