• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
It annoys me how that in the hearings none of the Democrats brought up Barr and how Trump was shopping him around to get dirt despite him being indirectly mentioned in the transcript.

It's imperative to link him to all this before he starts his show trials and uses his phony FBI investigation to smear the process.

stew

Dec 2, 2017
It annoys me how that in the hearings none of the Democrats brought up Barr and how Trump was shopping him around to get dirt despite him being indirectly mentioned in the transcript.

It's imperative to link him to all this before he starts his show trials and uses his phony FBI investigation to smear the process.
Good point.

Deleted member 19003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I watched a lot of Dr. Fiona Hill's testimony, she's amazingly competent and precise with her arguments. What a great job she did, really outclassed her detractors. It's such a tragedy that women like her, Ambassador Yovanovitch and Sally Yates have been pushed out of our government by such low life,sexist morons like Trump. Ugh. Making America Sexist and Terrible Again.

Oct 27, 2017
After more than a week of public testimonies, support for impeachment among independents in the polls is..... dwindling.

Or they were all Trumpers in reality and when confronted by evidence against their god they get more defensive.
At this point there are no true independents. What you have is people that are publicly embarrassed Trump supporters that pretend to be impartial.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
After more than a week of public testimonies, support for impeachment among independents in the polls is..... dwindling.

Now it's just one poll and I can't speak on the validity of it. My theory is that these people either,

1) See politics as theater, and now that they've gotten a week of impeachment hearings they're bored of it.

2) They don't want to think about politics in their lives, and they think impeachment makes them think more about politics.

Or they were all Trumpers in reality and when confronted by evidence against their god they get more defensive.

Same poll also shows wild swings in support in Trump and Biden that doesn't match up with other polling. Taking a bet this is more for the clicks, especially with how much "SHOULD TRUMP BE IMPEACHED" ads there are on that site.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Mulvaney has no leg to stand on. He admitted the QPQ as well as confirmed to the fucking world that the aid was tied to investigations!

nexus

Oct 25, 2017

Bolton must've been one of the only people in the white house that wanted to stand up to russia. Hill's testimony proved he was deeply uncomfortable and angry at what was happening. It'd be nice at this point if he just said fuck it, I'll testify. So we don't have to wait for the courts to decide.

Pockets

Oct 27, 2017

They had already interviewed all these witnesses before in closed door testimony. It's most likely that these witnesses didn't have and contact with Barr or the DoJ.

Had they tried to tie Barr into this it would be labeled as political instead of a fact finding mission.

Jeffapp

Oct 29, 2017
Bolton must've been one of the only people in the white house that wanted to stand up to russia. Hill's testimony proved he was deeply uncomfortable and angry at what was happening. It'd be nice at this point if he just said fuck it, I'll testify. So we don't have to wait for the courts to decide.

But first you have to buy his book

Oct 25, 2017
They had already interviewed all these witnesses before in closed door testimony. It's most likely that these witnesses didn't have and contact with Barr or the DoJ.

Had they tried to tie Barr into this it would be labeled as political instead of a fact finding mission.
I think this is why tying this down solely to Ukraine is the bigger mistake and not making it broader only hurts the Democrats because it doesn't showcase the full scope of the corruption.

If you're limited only to one thing, it's easier to hand wave it away and to smear it as a pure political act.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017

Probably not, but maaaybe he's pissed off enough that he a) couldn't bomb Iran and b) was forced out to put a dagger into Trump's back.

Or he will cose ranks and throw one of the other underlings under the bus to enjoy his conservative country club parties as the saviour of the criminal president.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
He's not getting removed by the congress we have. That's no clarification, that's just misunderstanding of the system.

He'll be impeached, but since republicans have majority of congress he'll not be removed.

even a majority Democrat Senate wouldn't guarantee removal. You'd still need over a dozen Republicans to vote for it.

Mulvaney scared af.

''This inquiry continues to be a sham.'' :lol

Guards in the White House?

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yep. It's almost impossible to remove a sitting president unless he does something that really pisses off even his own party.
And when you have voters backing the President over Congress NO MATTER WHAT, even stuff that pisses off his own party won't get him removed. Keeping their party in power is all that matters.

OP
OP
RustyNails

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Bolton wanted everyone's testimony out there so he can get his story together.

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for posting.
These articles give me a bit of hope. These hearings could serve as a vivid archive of the most moraly bankrupt, most vile figures to ever have a seat in washington, doing what they do best. Pitting America against itself, sowing unfounded resentment and banalizing criminal behaviour.

I hope for better times ahead for the American people, and that these grotesque political figures lose their positions; being substituted by human beings that intend to advance the well being of everyone.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
And when you have voters backing the President over Congress NO MATTER WHAT, even stuff that pisses off his own party won't get him removed. Keeping their party in power is all that matters.
Ultimately GOP voters know how to win when it counts. They'll vote for anything even if someone is a shithead because they know that'll get them closer to the hate that they want. That'll get them more of a win than a loss. That's all that matters. They know the benefit of having judges like them.

Dems on the other hand..... don't quite do that, for better or for worse. But unfortunately due to massive losses over time in state/local level races and the Senate, seems to be more for the worse. Judges don't seem to get many Dem voters excited. Only a perceived close to perfect presidential rock star. Hopefully 2018 is replicated and expanded upon. And yes, the KY/LA races are encouraging even if in the case of KY, GOP basically swept every other race.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017

Nacho Papi

Oct 27, 2017
Why do people still stand by Trump? Do they actually have faith in things ending up a-ok for him or anyone else under his sphere of influence?

TheExecutive

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At this point there are no true independents. What you have is people that are publicly embarrassed Trump supporters that pretend to be impartial.
I am an independent that leans left and am leaning harder left with every year. This kind of plays into what you are saying but don't particularly like how you charactarized independents in general. It's a stereotype I try to address by showing there is at least one independent that isn't a complete sham out there.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
I have been NPA for 20 years. I don't like party affiliation but I also don't vote republican so there is that too.

MrCheezball

Banned
Aug 3, 2018
Why do people still stand by Trump? Do they actually have faith in things ending up a-ok for him or anyone else under his sphere of influence?

His constituents and many in the country are shook by the perceived hard left turn with the current crop of Dem candidates. They are not going to willingly cede power to a group that are proposing such large changes.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Please tell me they're bots.
As PeskyToaster said, it may have gotten shared somewhere that got people riled up.

Woof. Scary times we're living in.
Yeah made me kinda sick to read them. The sad thing is, it's well written and takes way more thought to refute than any one of those comments displayed. They're using the same methods the Rs did at the hearings... say something repeatedly and loudly and they'll start believing it.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Alright! So this inquiry is gonna go back and cover obstruction of justice claims next right? For Mueller Report and the Ukrainian incident?
I'm loving all of the hand wringing and crying from Trump and his supporters throughout this process.