• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just caught up as I missed the closing remarks.

Hooooly cow was that ending funny!

"Mr. Chairman. Mr. Chairman. Mr. Chairman"

Oct 28, 2017
Washington DC
I'm still baffled by the narrative that Trump, the most corrupt POS POTUS in my lifetime would be trying to get rid of corruption in another country. Who could honestly believe that? It would be like someone breaking into your house, who after getting caught said they were investigating burglars.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still baffled by the narrative that Trump, the most corrupt POS POTUS in my lifetime would be trying to get rid of corruption in another country. Who could honestly believe that? It would be like someone breaking into your house, who after getting caught said they were investigating burglars.
It is because they were too incompetent to lay the groundwork for plausible deniability while actually doing these acts and are trying to retroactively get that work done now.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
So like, what the fuck? Why dont they just play the phone call if it was so innocent? Why can't the house subpoena the transcript? I don't understand? Like what...the fuck?
I dont get this either.

Like there is evidence somewhere yet it cant be made public just because.

So why cant the dems just flat out bring this up 100% of the time? Just like the Reps feel to bring up the whistleblower. just do it to remind people of the admin hiding facts.

Also I dont understand why in a legal matter like this, shit is still stored away. As in "ok there is evidence but we wont share it because the admin and president is innocent. Period".

This is so frustrating.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I haven't been able to keep up with this as much as I'd like. Can anyone tell me I they are going well for the Dems?

Or is it just a back and forth mess?

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious to see what happened today but no smoking gun after 2 days? That doesn't sound good

They already have a smoking gun, which is what prompted these hearings in the first place - and it's been non stop validation and corroboration since. I'm not sure what you watched, but this is non stop blunderbuss aftermath.

Senate is still going to pass on it, but he's getting impeached.

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I haven't been able to keep up with this as much as I'd like. Can anyone tell me I they are going well for the Dems?

EJcJA9LXUAIgKj9

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
And several convictions from Mueller report investigations equals nothing was found in that witch hunt.

At least someone finally said out loud "Ukraine didnt get their aid until after the whistleblower came forward" when most of the Repubs defense was "they got it, didnt they?"

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
And several convictions from Mueller report investigations equals nothing was found in that witch hunt.

At least someone finally said out loud "Ukraine didnt get their aid until after the whistleblower came forward" when most of the Repubs defense was "they got it, didnt they?"
But did Obama give them javelins? Hm? HMM?

julian

Oct 27, 2017

Honestly, much better than I would've expected. Democrats have done a good job staying calm and making good points. Republicans have been all over the place. I'm surprised how poorly they've coordinated or come up with any sort of coherent defense.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Honestly, much better than I would've expected. Democrats have done a good job staying calm and making good points. Republicans have been all over the place. I'm surprised how poorly they've coordinated or come up with any sort of coherent defense.

i liked when nunes complained about the impeachment hearings getting bad ratings when

1) they didn't
2) how is that even a valid line of defense?

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
Dems are doing fine enough. Impeachment is likely going to happen (note: that is not the same as removal from office) and is leaning the popular choice but no reason to call that part already. See how things move forward.

The annoying person, you know who they are, at Thanksgiving is going to be loaded up with talking points. They are easy enough to dismantle if you feel like bothering. It really doesn't take much reading up to see through the bullshit, it isn't super complicated.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Have you ever sat down and listened to interviews with Trump supporters? It's as fascinating as it is fucking horrifying. They live in an alternative reality. I can only imagine it is a total refusal to listen to anything but right wing news/commentary.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London

I thought it was just the fact it wasn't a straight Dem v Rep fight, Trump has managed to drag multiple regular non political people into his cess pit of corruption.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
That's not to say Republicans didn't get some sound bites out, but that's about it. I honestly feel like only one Republican was able to have a line of questions that sounded bad for Dems and even then, if you kept watching, it was torn to shreds.
Well as long as it hasn't been a disaster for the Dems I'm happy. And Republicans would have their sound bites out regardless.

Dec 31, 2017
I love how Nunes is complaining about going to the basement for more closed hearings. Then complaining about the open hearings.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
What do they want with Gym Jordan? Is Trump a big fan or what?

If so, that's because Trump is to dumb to understand what is said, anyway, so fast speaking angry gibberish sounds good to him, aye?

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017

Asked about discrepancy between readout and transcript of April call, WH spox says: "It is standard operating procedure for the NSC to provide readouts...This one was prepared by the NSC's Ukraine expert." (that would be Alexander Vindman, a key impeachment witness) via @Acosta

So WH is basically blaming Vindman for the inaccuracy between the readout of the April call and its "transcript".

Thank you Trump for giving us more impeachment evidence though to ask our witnesses about. I would definitely like Vindman to talk a bit about this call and see if other hands made edits to it like with the July call.

kcp12304

Oct 27, 2017
Have you ever sat down and listened to interviews with Trump supporters? It's as fascinating as it is fucking horrifying. They live in an alternative reality. I can only imagine it is a total refusal to listen to anything but right wing news/commentary.

I was in a deli where the impeachment hearing was on the TV. Two 60 somethings were complaining about how terrible it all was and one dude was said something like "He's done more in 3 years than anyone" (lol).

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was in a deli where the impeachment hearing was on the TV. Two 60 somethings were complaining about how terrible it all was and one dude was said something like "He's done more in 3 years than anyone" (lol).

Should turned to them and said "even more than Ronald Reagan?" Aka GOP Jesus, then watched them backpedal.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just wondering when Schiff is gonna let Stefanik and the other Republicans ask questions.
I can't believe when Schiff personally tore the microphones out of the hands from all the Republicans and then spat and declared only he is king in this room, followed by fists pumps and a chorus of "AROO! OBAMA!" by the dems in unison. It was quite a sight.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They seem to really love this Trump sent aid not Obama angle. Isn't the aid voted on/proposed by Congress and not the sitting President?

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017

I keep hearing this "look at what he's done!" argument from Republicans. What has he done?? What is his landmark legislation? He hasn't done shit lol. God people are so stupid.