• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I was curious to see what the local village idiots over at The_Donald had to say about Lev Parnas and surprise surprise, there doesn't seem to be a single mention of him.

IKPshVG.png

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
They dont have the wherewithall to get any major legislation passed beyond an unpopular Iron Triangle tax cut.

Now their only play is deceit and hoping people dont care.

For those not in the know about these two career criminals shared past:

Google "Parnas" and "Sunny Isles Florida".

Thats alot of shady money, scary bikers, and pulling guns on people this mobster can whip out on Individual-1.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone who is taking everything that Parnas is saying at face value is a fool. He obviously has significant motivation to try and mitigate his involvement while taking out everyone he can.

There is no chance anyone would admit to conspiracy to assassinate an ambassador, it's as close to treason as you can get without qualifying as treason. He may or may not be telling the truth on it but he is absolutely an unreliable witness and Democrats need to tread very carefully taking anything he's saying as fact, because if it turns out to be false, the GOP will discredit everything he says.

They need to slow roll this and corroborate everything, rushing this serves no purpose and even if the senate trial comes and goes, this gets every Senator on record potentially covering up the most corrupt administration ever.
Criminals indict other criminals in court successfully all the time and often don't have this obscene number of receipts or frankly intelligence.

Of course he's motivated and unproven claims will be handled as such. No matter what parnas does he's a star witness and as believable as his demonstrably true claims. He can lie nine times out of ten and still destroy a co-conspirator.

The craziest thing about Parnas is how lucid, eloquent and even sympathetic he comes off.

I was expecting Eastern Promises thug. I got a borderline diplomat. Albeit extremely crooked.

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Crypt Keeper is shook. She doesn't know how to deal with questions from friendlies anymore with these new developments.

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
Criminals indict other criminals in court successfully all the time and often don't have this obscene number of receipts or frankly intelligence.

Of course he's motivated and unproven claims will be handled as such. No matter what parnas does he's a star witness and as believable as his demonstrably true claims. He can lie nine times out of ten and still destroy a co-conspirator.

The craziest thing about Parnas is how lucid, eloquent and even sympathetic he comes off.

I was expecting Eastern Promises thug. I got a borderline diplomat. Albeit extremely crooked.
Absolutely, I was expecting him to be a greasy sleaze and was shocked at how eloquent he was. My concern is the claims without public proof right now around Pence and Barr, that is a rabbit hole that poses significant risk.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
I think at this point, the Republicans and their supporters can safely transition to, "And why is good, 'good' anyway? You know what I think is really good? Evil, that's what. And that's why these good Democrats have to be STOPPED, because we're evil! Which means good now!"

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
"It was just a prank that the Ukranian government caught wind of and warned our embassy about and now opened an investigation into."

Oct 28, 2017
FOX NEWS host asked the bride of satan, Kellyanne Conway, 4 times a yes or no question regarding Parnas allegation that Trump knew. She evaded 4 times.

This is the next closest thing to Trump verbally admitting it.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017

Crypt Keeper is shook. She doesn't know how to deal with questions from friendlies anymore with these new developments.
[/QUOTE]

unavailable?

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
He's absolutely not mitigate his involvement. He hasn't denied doing anything
Except for saying he was playing along with a drunk on a week long bender on a crime that would ensure that he would never see the light of day.

He's admitting to everything that nets bigger fish, things that will see a reduced sentence, not stack the deck with more crimes. We have no idea whether he is selectively hiding information, lying about crimes, embellishing or anything else. He should be treated as such, this isn't a stand-up person doing it on good conscience, he's self-preserving.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They dont have the wherewithall to get any major legislation passed beyond an unpopular Iron Triangle tax cut.

Thats alot of shady money, scary bikers, and pulling guns on people this mobster can whip out on Individual-1.
Parnas is doing all this because he knows he's going to jail/prison, knows how easy it is for people to die in prison (even in the US), and has firsthand exposure into the plot by Trump's inner circle to assassinate their own subordinate. He is at risk of being the fall guy and offed. His safest option is to throw all this out to the public while demonstrating "I am not suicidal or irrational, so if something happens to me, you know who did it and why."

The visibility protects him

Oct 28, 2017
Parnas is doing all this because he knows he's going to jail/prison, knows how easy it is for people to die in prison (even in the US), and has firsthand exposure into the plot by Trump's inner circle to assassinate their own subordinate. He is at risk of being the fall guy and offed. His safest option is to throw all this out to the public while demonstrating "I am not suicidal or irrational, so if something happens to me, you know who did it and why."

Parnas would have got buried if he hadn't spoken out preemptively. It makes it harder to silence him or discredit now. And I mean that in a substantive way and a physical safety way.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
[

The Russian gangsters in Sunny Isles are no joke.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
ERA does that to me sometimes too. Videos don't always play in line. Click the video title at the top and it'll open in YT.

There used to be a Chrome addon for youtube that fixed that. I can't find it anymore and I forget what it was called. It allowed you to change the size of the video and more.

David Nunes who is the ranking member overseeing the impeachment is part of the cover up.

Think about that for a minute.

Is there a mechanism for recusal?

stew

Dec 2, 2017
I heavily suggest the below (kinda long but detailed) article for some material into these guys and what they've been up to and with who. It's actually from back in July, a few days before the infamous Jul 25 phone call.

What a difference 6 months makes. July 2019 almost seems like a more innocent time, especially with this detailed article not even hinting at this current bullshit.

Also, every name mentioned needs to receive a subpoena. Pete Sessions in particular needs to be sitting his ass in front of a congressional hearing. What exactly were the detailed conversations he had with these guys surrounding the US ambassador.
Thank you. It's disgusting how crooks can get away so easily. Also more evidence that the RNC is a criminal organization. Can't wait to learn more about the inaugural committee investigation.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017

Yep, if anything happens to him now, it becomes immediately suspicious and there's a ton of people who suddenly become suspects.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
There used to be a Chrome addon for youtube that fixed that. I can't find it anymore and I forget what it was called. It allowed you to change the size of the video and more.

Yep. I'm still looking for that extension. Disabling embedded videos is dumb as fuck. What's even the point? (Answer: YouTube and corps wants you go to their site for more bullshit in your face for $$$.) Like there's not enough bullshit in the embedded videos alone.

When I find the extension, I'll add it here.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Friday publicly committed to look into the possible surveillance of former US Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch -- more than 48 hours after the evidence of potential monitoring emerged and more than 24 hours after Ukraine announced its own investigation into the matter.

"We will do everything we need to do to evaluate whether there was something that took place there," Pompeo told conservative radio host Tony Katz.

"I suspect that much of what's been reported will ultimately prove wrong, but our obligation, my obligation as secretary of state, is to make sure that we evaluate, investigate. Any time there is someone who posits that there may have been a risk to one of our officers, we'll obviously do that," Pompeo said.

Pompeo's comments Friday were the first public acknowledgment of an inquiry into Yovanoviitch's potential monitoring while serving in Kiev. In a separate interview on Friday, he said he was not aware of the possible surveillance.

"Until this story broke, I had, to the best of my recollection, had never heard of this at all," Pompeo told Hugh Hewitt.
pq3ZK4B.gif

Oct 27, 2017
"To the best of my recollection"
Ah, the do not recall defence. Normal people fucking remember something as significant as that so they don't need to qualify their statements. He's lying.

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, if anything happens to him now, it becomes immediately suspicious and there's a ton of people who suddenly become suspects.
This 100% is what I thought. He's doing this to protect him from just being another stat. Now, his life and wellbeing are being "monitored" in the sense it'll look suspicious if anything happens to him

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
Gotta give it to Parnas' lawyer, his troll game is on point. Pam Bondi, former Florida AG is joining Trump's legal team.