• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
when I see "make contact with security her security forces", that makes me think "shoot at"

May 24, 2019
apnYlTy.png

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Why did they want her replaced in the first place?

Was she refusing to comply with Trump in all this stuff as it was playing out?

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Perfectly normal chat about possible kidnapping and/or assassination, with the broskis. What the fuck?

As always, hoping the latest twist actually results in anything ultimately meaningful while staring back at all the other twists...

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
1. This doesn't necessarily imply killing. They could've "only" been planning to hurt her (ie. "do things, including to me") and get her to resign.
2. The language is just vague enough for the GOP to play dumb. Anyone expecting GOP Senators to give a shit will be disappointed. I'll be shocked if any of them are even "concerned".

Don't get me wrong. This is fucking horrible, a new low. Tracking an ambassador, threatening her, even indirectly, is insane. Trump could just fire her. But no, that's not enough. All just because she isn't corrupt.

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017
1. This doesn't necessarily imply killing. They could've "only" been planning to hurt her (ie. "do things, including to me") and get her to resign.
2. The language is just vague enough for the GOP to play dumb. Anyone expecting GOP Senators to give a shit will be disappointed. I'll be shocked if any of them are even "concerned".
EVEN IF 1 is true it's like 10x worst than Watergate

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
"make contact with security forces" doesn't mean paying someone to go talk to them, not here

it means paying someone to kill them for sure

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
You know, I've been unsure why Parnas is trying to bargain with the House and not the prosecutors that indicted him, but I think I've underrated the possibility Parnas actually has legit goods, wants to make a deal, but worries that Trump's DOJ will simply bury all his information and throw him under the bus.

Would you trust yourself in a Barr federal prison while you were snitching on his boss?

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
EVEN IF 1 is true it's like 10x worst than Watergate

Actually in Watergate they kidnapped a woman at gunpoint and beat her to stop her from talking to the press.

And I just found out the "bodyguard" who did the actual beating was made ambassador to the Czech Republic by Trump.

www.newsweek.com

Trump Ambassador Beat Woman During Watergate: Report

Stephen King, Trump's envoy to the Czech Republic, reportedly roughed up the wife of Nixon's campaign director to silence her about Watergate crimes.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Totally clears the president. Trump had nothing to do with this guy. None of this implicates the president.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Just when you think you couldn't be more shocked about this administration...

All Trump had to do was recall her as ambassador. He has that power. What was the fucking point in threatening her like this?

I don't even fucking understand it unless they just love crimes.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit. Can we update the thread title to include "Uncovered assassination plot of ambassador Yovanovitch?

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
I personally took that, in combination with the later message about having someone on the inside, to mean that they needed to pay off the security force or otherwise get inside of it.
i suppose, but the way the messages go it kinda makes me think its

'we know where she is and where she's gonna be, if security gets in the way they'll have to be dealt with as well'

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Just when you think you couldn't be more shocked about this administration...

All Trump had to do was recall her as ambassador. He has that power. What was the fucking point in threatening her like this?

I don't even fucking understand it unless they just love crimes.

Trump is a fucking mob boss wannabe. He probably wanted to "rough her up a little" to have her leave voluntarily.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Also, it goes without saying:

If you respected the courage of Yovanovitch before during her pivotal House testimony, it's time to double down on that.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let us remember. The Ambassador herself testified to Congress she was warned by Ukrainian officials of a plot against her. So this really expands the window on that

xbhaskarx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NorCal
Actually in Watergate they kidnapped a woman at gunpoint and beat her to stop her from talking to the press.

And I just found out the "bodyguard" who did the actual beating was made ambassador to the Czech Republic by Trump.

www.newsweek.com

Trump Ambassador Beat Woman During Watergate: Report

Stephen King, Trump's envoy to the Czech Republic, reportedly roughed up the wife of Nixon's campaign director to silence her about Watergate crimes.
Of course he was....