• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 58401

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 7, 2019
So, let me get this straight: the "they" plotting the hit on Yavonovitch is not technically team Trump saying that, but the response they received from other shady people in Ukraine/Russia, right?

Doesn't make it better or any less surreal. Just trying to make sure I'm understanding.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
So, let me get this straight: the "they" plotting the hit on Yavonovitch is not technically team Trump saying that, but the response they received from other shady people in Ukraine/Russia, right?

Doesn't make it better or any less surreal. Just trying to make sure I'm understanding.

The "they" in question is a congressional candidate and friend of Trump, who states that he's paying people to surveil the ambassador in Kyiv (who he has profaned publicly and in these private messages).

He's waiting for a "go" sign from Parnas, who the remaining texts, emails, etc confirm is working directly for Trump and Giuliani.

Deleted member 58401

Banned
Jul 7, 2019
The "they" in question is a congressional candidate and friend of Trump, who states that he's paying people to surveil the ambassador in Kyiv (who he has profaned publicly and in these private messages).

He's waiting for a "go" sign from Parnas, who the remaining texts, emails, etc confirm is working directly for Trump and Giuliani.
I guess specifically the text that says they can make her go away if you have enough money - that's got to be someone else, right? Or was that Parnas?

I promise to ask fewer questions after I have my coffee and reread the article. My brain isn't working so far today.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I don't think Trump is specifically implicated in the assassination plot. What's more damning is the Giuliani letter saying that Trump is 100% behind the scheme, and the napkin that calls it a Biden investigation and doesn't mention "corruption" or "Burisma."

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At the very least, Rudy needs to be in jail by the end of this. What's his official title? The presidents lawyer? And this other guy is just some guy who wants to be a Republican congressman at some point? Why are they involved with international stuff at all let alone trying to assassinate US Ambassadors?

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Technically, I don't think Rudy can claim executive privilege, as he's not an actual government employee. Maybe he can plead the fifth?

Either way, if the Senate doesn't call him, the House needs to try.

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
I don't even know if I was referencing anyone in particular - they all sound the same to me. Just based on the impeachment hearings I feel like if it does escalate to the point of outright evidence of a plot to assassinate we'll get the Sideshow Bob defence in real life.
We've already had that for multiple times re: collusion and obstruction of justice

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
At the very least, Rudy needs to be in jail by the end of this. What's his official title? The presidents lawyer? And this other guy is just some guy who wants to be a Republican congressman at some point? Why are they involved with international stuff at all let alone trying to assassinate US Ambassadors?
Civilian Lawyer to Donald J. Trump actually.

greatgeek

Oct 25, 2017
is this something that is likely to happen, or can the senate make up their rules that allow for infowars and hour long diatribes about benghazi?
If they follow ordinary rules of evidence, and Roberts is empowered to make rulings on evidence in the first instance, then yes. Regardless, 51 senators can vote to hear (or not) any witnesses.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Technically, I don't think Rudy can claim executive privilege, as he's not an actual government employee. Maybe he can plead the fifth?

Either way, if the Senate doesn't call him, the House needs to try.

His personal letterhead is all over this thing, I'd imagine there isn't a single question he couldn't plead the 5th to.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Why is this thread not 20+ pages yet?
Everyone here expects the worst out of Trump and expects the usual out of Republicans in terms of defending him. Topics get two 20+ pages through debate and argument. All there really is to say about this story is "this is so fucked, something should be done".

Oct 27, 2017
Saying this sounds like a 'hit' reminds me of the Right reading into the Strozk and Page texts without the surrounding context. I really don't think they wanted to kill the woman.

Keep in mind Yovanovitch testified that she was told she was in danger when she was rushed out by security personnel. And these guys were monitoring her security.

And of course they didnt want to kill her! She brought it on herself by not being a corrupt pos! /s

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
I guess specifically the text that says they can make her go away if you have enough money - that's got to be someone else, right? Or was that Parnas?

I promise to ask fewer questions after I have my coffee and reread the article. My brain isn't working so far today.

You referring to this? "But she's not getting away" is Parnas talking to (Ukraine former prosecutor general) Lutsenko.

or this "They are willing to help if we/you would like a price...Guess you can do anything in the Ukraine with money" and "If they want her out they need to make contact with security forces". That's (Connecticut Congressional candidate) Robert F. Hyde talking to Parnas.

Tlaloc

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am shocked this thread is only 9 pages this is a huge bomb. Is this getting traction on am shows yet? This shit is unreal Hyde and ghouliani need to be in custody. I hope the house digs into this and starts invistagating all of this. Subpoena Hyde and ghouliani and question then publicly. Dems have to keep this in the news.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Mans was chilling at the World Series with the president and the House GOP leader:

Looks like Robert HYDE, revealed as a texting partner of Lev Parnas during Yovanovitch smear campaign, was at the World Series game with Trump and MCCARTHY: https://instagram.com/p/B4KvliLlKNk/ Instagram suggests he was a regular at Trump hotels/golf clubs w/ access to Trump and his family

God bless everyone who has bothered to screenshot his social media, he's been on a delete spree since the story broke.

LMAO

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
I still expect Republican Senators to rally around Trump. They do not care about upholding the law unless it's a Democrat breaking it. They are so tribalistic they might as well be a different species.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Republicans should now be asking themselves the following. What else is out there waiting to be revealed? What else can drop during the trial itself?

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
Republicans should now be asking themselves the following. What else is out there waiting to be revealed? What else can drop during the trial itself?

They were already asking themselves that, which is why they've wanted to fast track this thing since December, turning over as few stones as possible, and get it over with before any more bombs drop.

Deleted member 58401

Banned
Jul 7, 2019
You referring to this? "But she's not getting away" is Parnas talking to (Ukraine former prosecutor general) Lutsenko.

or this "They are willing to help if we/you would like a price...Guess you can do anything in the Ukraine with money" and "If they want her out they need to make contact with security forces". That's (Connecticut Congressional candidate) Robert F. Hyde talking to Parnas.

Wow! So the most insane part of all of it came from the asshole running for Congress? I would laugh if it wasn't so nuts/serious. What an idiot.

And thank you for clarifying. No idea why I'm finding this so hard to follow this morning. Just one of those days.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
I am shocked this thread is only 9 pages this is a huge bomb. Is this getting traction on am shows yet? This shit is unreal Hyde and ghouliani need to be in custody. I hope the house digs into this and starts invistagating all of this. Subpoena Hyde and ghouliani and question then publicly. Dems have to keep this in the news.
Not much, its been mentioned a few times but the Warren handshake snub and the House vote for impeachment managers/sending the articles to the senate is sucking up most of the air.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017

Media is too focused on the lack of handshake between Warren and Sanders last night.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
Those messages definitely paint the possibility of plotting an assassination. What in the fuck.

Oct 27, 2017
Parnas' evidence, in general, was mentioned in the impeachment manager announcement. 7 people, mostly law and order, against Sekulow and Cipillone. Expect testimony and more evidence to be pursued.

Oct 31, 2017
The GOP, both the politicians and its voting bloc, are fascists. Especially so if this kind of news breaks and all they do is shrug their shoulders and say "So what?".

And this may not be the thread for this, and this may be totally conspiratorial thinking, but more and more I am awfully inclined to think that Bernie Sanders is a Useful Idiot, in the most generous of terms...

Jisgsaw

Oct 27, 2017
... what?
Actually in Watergate they kidnapped a woman at gunpoint and beat her to stop her from talking to the press.

And I just found out the "bodyguard" who did the actual beating was made ambassador to the Czech Republic by Trump.

www.newsweek.com

Trump Ambassador Beat Woman During Watergate: Report

Stephen King, Trump's envoy to the Czech Republic, reportedly roughed up the wife of Nixon's campaign director to silence her about Watergate crimes.
What? How?

I mean... what??

How is this news not exploding left and right? This morning on German radio they just said "Schiff has submitted new confidential evidence. Due to confidential nature, these can't be made public".

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Eh, it's not the media making people post on the handshake thread. This thread has increased by about 50+ votes since this morning, meanwhile the other thread has gotten about 300 posts in that same time.

Pied_Piper2.jpg

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Im shocked there are people in here saying "theres no way they were planning to murder her".

Can you fucking people read or not? They were following her, saying we can have Ukraine people do things to her for the right price, talking about making contact with security forces, AND she was told to leave Ukraine ASAP because she was in danger.

Wake the fuck up.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
House Committee on Foreign Affairs is sending out document requests (subpoenas?) today it seems:

NEW: Rep. Eliot Engel: "This unprecedented threat to our diplomats must be thoroughly investigated and, if warranted, prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law."

EOVapH9X0AA4zaD

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
Not sure why they are still sending over the articles now, unless they are planning on holding more hearings and impeaching him again in the house.

A planned hit on an American ambassador by the American president and his personal crime squad absolutely needs to be investigated and prosecuted, and Mitch sure as shit ain't doing that.

Blackflag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Im shocked there are people in here saying "theres no way they were planning to murder her".

Can you fucking people read or not? They were following her, saying we can have Ukraine people do things to her for the right price, talking about making contact with security forces, AND she was told to leave Ukraine ASAP because she was in danger.

Wake the fuck up.

Yeah there's literally no other way to read those texts.

aliengmr

Oct 26, 2017
Keep in mind Yovanovitch testified that she was told she was in danger when she was rushed out by security personnel. And these guys were monitoring her security.

And of course they didnt want to kill her! She brought it on herself by not being a corrupt pos! /s

She also made it clear, in her testimony, the threat was not physical.