• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
WTF is going on? I only played some games for a couple hours and took a nap. The shit that's broke in the last 5 hours or so is nuts.
How could you possibly nap in 2020?? Have you been paying no attention to the news so far?
You really only have two options:
1) never sleep and let the scary and absurd news flood your mind
2) crawl into a hole and hibernate until 2021

Bryo4321

Nov 20, 2017
Holy crap, this evidence is damning. This is unbelievable information. Now I know what pelosi meant early today my saying a trial dismissal by the senate would be a "political cover up".

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Holy....

giphy.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Can we not send this to the Senate for a phony trial or is it already too late for this because damn did this escalate quick?

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
This should be front page news on every outlet for the next month.

Fuck you news outlets. This is significant. Stop with this "Trump fatigue" horseshit. They almost put a hit on one of our own fucking ambassadors. How the hell is this being treated like just a normal ass news story? If this was any other president, this would be wall to wall coverage and The White House would grind to a halt.

I feel like the fascist tide is just slowly rolling over this country and no one is doing a fucking thing.

FUCK

Darkgran

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I don't think this matters at all.

Some how, some way this will get spun. This will be forgotten about by the end of this week. Then a new scandal will be born.

This is just how it is now....

greatgeek

Oct 25, 2017

Fuck you news outlets. This is significant. Stop with this "Trump fatigue" horseshit. They almost put a hit on one of our own fucking ambassadors. How the hell is this being treated like just a normal ass news story? If this was any other president, this would be wall to wall coverage and The White House would grind to a halt.

I feel like the fascist tide is just slowly rolling over this country and no one is doing a fucking thing.
I suspect news organizations are uncertain about how to report this without seeming sensationalist.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia

FUCK

It's really aggravating. The only ones who DID cover it pussyfooted it with "w...were they trying to kidnap her? scare her? I-I-I don't get what I'm looking at!" etc and transition to talking about Giuliani's fucking letter instead, and didn't even FLOAT the idea that they were discussing HARMING HER.

I suspect news organizations are uncertain about how to report this without seeming sensationalist.

This too, though. I think they're genuinely scared to sound like they're accusing Hyde/Parnas/et al. of assassination plots. But it just comes off looking stupid when the texts are so... you know, clear.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018

Wait for the morning I bet.

Also fucking props to Pelosi, she's played this like true 4d chess. 100% Mitch won't turn away from Trump but the chances of moderate Republicans agreeing to witnesses is much higher.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Fuck that. Republicans will scream liberal bias no matter what they report. Put this shit on blast. The average person needs to know about this. Stop kowtowing to people who don't believe in facts.
Wait for the morning I bet.

Also fucking props to Pelosi, she's played this like true 4d chess. 100% Mitch won't turn away from Trump but the chances of moderate Republicans agreeing to witnesses is much higher.
I'm doubtful. Some other random shit will happen and it will just be a side note.

And yes, I'm extremely happy with how Nancy has handled this.

xbhaskarx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NorCal
Lol it's just a prank bro

WTF... could this story get any more bonkers

spoiler: yes it can and likely will

Is he a delusional nutjob or were they trying to clean up loose ends (like Putin undoubtedly would) and at least bring his mental stability into question so his texts can be dismissed as not serious?
My money is on the latter, given the number of photos of him with Trump and every other prominent Republican in this thread:

Last edited:

Bryo4321

Nov 20, 2017
Tomorrow morning will be insane, don't you guys worry. The evidence is damning, including proof of trumps "knowledge and consent" of the zelensky meeting from Rudy Giuliani's own mouth. This was the exact piece of evidence needed to prove the impeachment testimonies were accurate. That's not even including the ambassador stuff here which is a bombshell. This is unbelievable stuff.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
Goddamn she's done so fucking good. She's sparred with the Progressives, the Moderates, Mitch, Moderate Republicans, Trump and she's made every group roll back on their heels.

Like I'm so impressed. Imagine if she folded to the Progressives years or months ago? Impeachment would definitely have died in the Senate, or a divided House. Waited for the right moment, launched the impeachment. Got every fucking GOP lapdog to mark their name next to Trump, and then languish defending him waiting for those impeachment articles. Fucking bent those moderate Republicans (who looked like they were gonna vote for no witnesses) and now that the votes about to be launched, this fucking bombshell.

Now imagine those moderate Republicans, hedging their bets on witnesses and Hunter Biden having to deal with this shit.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Tomorrow morning will be insane, don't you guys worry. The evidence is damning, including proof of trumps "knowledge and consent" of the zelensky meeting from Rudy Giuliani's own mouth. This was the exact piece of evidence needed to prove the impeachment testimonies were accurate. That's not even including the ambassador stuff here which is a bombshell. This is unbelievable stuff.
Please please please please please

It would be like Christmas morning

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Goddamn she's done so fucking good. She's sparred with the Progressives, the Moderates, Mitch, Moderate Republicans, Trump and she's made every group roll back on their heels.

Like I'm so impressed. Imagine if she folded to the Progressives years or months ago? Impeachment would definitely have died in the Senate, or a divided House. Waited for the right moment, launched the impeachment. Got every fucking GOP lapdog to mark their name next to Trump, and then languish defending him waiting for those impeachment articles. Fucking bent those moderate Republicans (who looked like they were gonna vote for no witnesses) and now that the votes about to be launched, this fucking bombshell.

Now imagine those moderate Republicans, hedging their bets on witnesses and Hunter Biden having to deal with this shit.
giphy.gif

Darkgran

Oct 27, 2017

Sure...

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
rry. The evidence is damning, including proof of trumps "knowledge and consent" of the zelensky meeting from Rudy Giuliani's own mouth. This was the exact piece of evidence needed to prove the impeachment testimonies were accurate. That's not even including the ambassador stuff here which is a bombshell. This is unbelievable stuff.
I hope you're right.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018

Nah the Republicans have basically shut their ears and pretended they can't hear anything. Nothing instant will hit from that. They can't abandon Trump now, and the base ain't there for it. It's just a continuous sapping of strength for the GOP till November.

xbhaskarx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NorCal
WTF... could this story get any more bonkers

spoiler: yes it can and likely will

Is he a delusional nutjob or were they trying to clean up loose ends (like Putin undoubtedly would) and at least bring his mental stability into question so his texts can be dismissed as not serious?
My money is on the latter, given the number of photos of him with Trump and every other prominent Republican in this thread:

According to an "incident/investigation" report filed by the Doral, Florida, police department, on May 16, 2019, an officer was dispatched to the Trump National Doral Miami to deal with a "male in distress fearing for his life." That man was Hyde. The report noted that Hyde explained to the police officer that "he was in fear for his life, was set up and that a hit man was out to get him. Mr. Hyde spoke about e-mails he sent that may have placed his life in jeopardy. Mr. Hyde explained several times that he was paranoid that someone was out to get him."

The report stated that Hyde cited "a variety of different names, contacts and provided information in reference to why he felt his life was in danger." After being taken into custody by the police, according to the report, "Mr. Hyde continued to act paranoid telling us not to stop next to certain vehicles…[H]e explained that he was scared due to several painting workers and landscape workers trying to do harm to him because they weren't working. Additionally Mr. Hyde explained that his computer was being hacked by Secret Service. And then went on to further explain that the secret service [sic] was arrival [sic] on the premises watching him."

The police report said that "it was determined that Mr. Hyde was suffering from a [redacted]," that he was "transported to [redacted] for further evaluation," and that a "crisis form was filled and filed."

The report classified the incident as "Baker/Marchman Act." In Florida, the Baker Act and the Marchman Act allow for holding people who might harm themselves involuntarily for assessment. (The Baker Act specifically refers to persons who might be suffering from a mental illness.) The report did not say what happened with Hyde after he was transported to the redacted location. But Hyde posted a note on Instagram stating that he had been "Baker Acted" for nine days and placed into "a facility" where his "mental, emotional, and physical self" were "pushed." He noted that he had passed "all medicals, physicals, psych exams and diagnoses with flying colors." Hyde, a former Marine, also wrote, "I'm not a traitor or a colluder or a conspiracy theorist." And he added, "eff you and your intelligence agencies or whatever or whoever was or is effing with me."

Asked about the police report and this episode, Hyde did not comment. On Tuesday night, he tweeted, "These are bad people, I'm out to expose their actions. Attack me all you want, get the facts first. The media is against me because they're either complicit or have a hand in it, I welcome an investigation. I'll provide my email password and hand my phone over, bring it on."

Okay then please hand over your phone and passwords, dude who just spent all evening deleting shit off social media.

Darkgran

Oct 27, 2017
Nah the Republicans have basically shut their ears and pretended they can't hear anything. Nothing instant will hit from that. They can't abandon Trump now, and the base ain't there for it. It's just a continuous sapping of strength for the GOP till November.

Bingo.

Also the Warren Refuses to Shake Bernie's Hand After Debate will have more replies than this thread tomorrow morning...

Oct 25, 2017

My eyes couldn't roll back in my head far enough. I'm tired of these savior complexes. If they had still been running impeachment from the start we could have ended up here much earlier.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
My eyes couldn't roll back in my head far enough. I'm tired of these savior complexes. If they had still been running impeachment from the start we could have ended up here much earlier.

Remember how after the impeachment hearings in the house finished and the needles on the polls barely moved? Remember how the Senate Republicans basically said "nope, this is junk, you lost Dems. Dismissal!" (including Romney)

And then Pelosi waited. And waited. And they cracked like eggs. Folded to witnesses, moderate Republicans started edging away from Mitch.

Remember how a few months ago, the progressive wing of the Party was howling for impeachment and she wouldn't budge? And all the Republicans were rejoicing in a divided party and eager to take advantage?

She's played this really well. You can discount ignoring impeachment calls as her swaying with the wind, but the holding of the articles to the Senate? No one thought of that, that is all her, and it produced spades.

Nov 7, 2017
This will get zero traction - his supporters are already saying they can't see any evidence of referring to assasination, and they are applauding him dealing with "corruption" directly and not via official channels. This is massive, but I honestly believe we are past the point of it mattering anymore.

Oct 25, 2017
Remember how after the impeachment hearings in the house finished and the needles on the polls barely moved? Remember how the Senate Republicans basically said "nope, this is junk, you lost Dems. Dismissal!" (including Romney)

And then Pelosi waited. And waited. And they cracked like eggs. Folded to witnesses, moderate Republicans started edging away from Mitch.

Remember how a few months ago, the progressive wing of the Party was howling for impeachment and she wouldn't budge? And all the Republicans were rejoicing in a divided party and eager to take advantage?

She's played this really well. You can discount ignoring impeachment calls as her swaying with the wind, but the holding of the articles to the Senate? No one thought of that, that is all her, and it produced spades.
Good to know you should only move on clearly corruptible behavior only if the polls are good enough to allow you to. All that waiting certainly paid off for all the kids who are still stuck in cages and will make their current situations instantly better I'm sure. We very nearly got in a war with Iran a week ago and this administration already has blood on their hands. I really do hate to be a Debbie downer during this critical moment, but the reason we are here is due to Trumps incompetence not Nancy's supposed 3D chess making. They should had attempted to prevent this mess with all of their power instead allowing it to get this far and waiting for Trump to be stupid enough to impeach himself.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
Good to know you should only move on clearly corruptible behavior only if the polls are good enough to allow you to. All that waiting certainly paid off for all the kids who are still stuck in cages and will make their current situations instantly better I'm sure. We very nearly got in a war with Iran a week ago and this administration already has blood on their hands. I really do hate to be a Debbie downer during this critical moment, but the reason we are here is due to Trumps incompetence not Nancy's supposed 3D chess making. They should had attempted to prevent this mess with all of their power instead allowing it to get this far and waiting for Trump to be stupid enough to impeach himself.

The American people are crap, unfortunately we live in a Constitutional Republic, with a Electoral College that disadvantages the power of the majority vs the few in geographical spread. The power of Nancy and those democrats are based on what the people are willing to give them and up to now, it was not enough to impeach him.

Had she impeached him before this year, it would have failed, most likely without damaging the Republicans as hard as they are wounded now, and with far greater risk of hurting the Democratic Party in the elections.