• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
America is impeaching its president for the third time since its founding. Here is your OT for impeachment day.

Couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy.

Mod vandalism: A catchy animated guide to impeachment.

Link to watch live:

Last edited:

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Hopefully there aren't too many bullshit GOP motions before the actual vote

Realyst

Oct 27, 2017
Couldn't happen to a more deserving president.

Edit: I believe that debate will last for at least 6 hours for the articles, while the GOP will throw a lot of procedural BS to delay the vote. So just strap in everybody. Gonna be a long day.

Last edited:

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm at work watching this right now lmao. Man I didn't think we'd be here 5 years ago lol.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Can you add useful stuff to the OP?

Like what Impeachment means Vs removal, because you know its going to come up.

AbsoluteZero0K

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 6, 2019
SphericalSizzlingJerboa-size_restricted.gif

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
I'm still not convinced this whole ordeal is going to be a net positive. I know several Trump supporters and they've completely bought into the whole "witch hunt" thing and this is only going to make them dig in even harder than they were before.

In a way, it feels like it would have been better to just let him finish the year unprovoked and vote him out for 2020 rather than give his supporters some additional rallying cry to work off.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still not convinced this whole ordeal is going to be a net positive. I know several Trump supporters and they've completely bought into the whole "witch hunt" thing and this is only going to make them dig in even harder than they were before.

In a way, it feels like it would have been better to just let him finish the year unprovoked and vote him out for 2020 rather than give his supporters some additional rallying cry to work off.
They were already dug in

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
If the floor is open for debate like it seems they will then this thing is going to run for 15 seasons.

Brace yourself DrewFu

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
So when this happens, and goes to the Senate, do Dems have any bargaining chips? McConnell is saying no witnesses, which is some bullshit. I'm wondering if it's possible to fight back on that, or is it once this vote goes through, that's that and the Senate on it's merry way to saying nope nothing to see here.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I would love for it to happen... We all know the Senate will never go for it.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Maybe, if the only concern was how Republicans felt. Impeachment polling has reflected positively that a plurality of Americans believe he should be impeached. What message would lawmakers send by not holding him accountable?

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY

Hear you - but the principle is too important not too - if we let alleged crimes go unchecked because it's better to not rock the boat, we simply don't have a government at that point. Functionally, sure... but for what the intent was, or for conducting itself... nope.

I take no pride in the fact that this is the next step, or that he's even impeached at all - it's a sad event. Sad for the country that we have to do this. But we have to - because he's a rotten dick of a person, and incapable of not committing crimes as President it seems.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
So when this happens, and goes to the Senate, do Dems have any bargaining chips? McConnell is saying no witnesses, which is some bullshit. I'm wondering if it's possible to fight back on that, or is it once this vote goes through, that's that and the Senate on it's merry way to saying nope nothing to see here.
The Dems don't have to send it over to the Senate until they (the Senate) agree to allow witnesses.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018

Remember that this started because Trump was trying to find dirt in a political rival. If left alone, nothing would have stopped him from doing the same to any other rival. It wouldn't be easy to disprove either due to all the disinformation going around. At least this would keep the administration distracted from doing so again. That and it's a good boost for the Democratic base.